Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Nintendo - pros and cons, debate, etc.  (Read 12107 times)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Nintendo - pros and cons, debate, etc.
« Reply #45 on: September 25, 2013, 09:49:10 AM »
Well, if Sony didnt have backstabbed them, they could :P

Not really. From what I read about the situation SONY decided to go solo and make their own CD system because Nintendo did a one-two on them even when the two were rearing to go with the new SNES CD adaption. Here's the history if you're interested;

http://www.1up.com/features/15-years-cd-i
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #46 on: September 25, 2013, 05:01:04 PM »
Thanks for the link, I like to read and be more certain about things than expeculate and say wrong information xD

edit:"It was at this point that Sony, through clever legal wrangling, secured the rights to both license and retain publishing profits derived from the dual-compatible CD-ROM software on the Super Nintendo and Play Station. Nintendo, having a history of being notoriously strict with its control over software licensing, did not react to this news very well. In fact, Nintendo decided to end its agreement with Sony to manufacture of the SNES CD-ROM hardware right then and there."

Yes, this doesnt sound very right to me, they tried to be smart and do something that old Nintendo wont be so happy and that ruined everything.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 06:42:19 PM by Lelygax »
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #47 on: September 25, 2013, 07:26:27 PM »
+1
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: September 25, 2013, 08:22:41 PM »
OMG, Hiroshi at 1:51, his pose is almost the same from these news' photos about his death, alsoi he really aged well since I could tell that its him before they said his name in this video.

OMG2 at Gunpei Yokoi making toys.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 08:27:18 PM by Lelygax »
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #49 on: September 25, 2013, 09:04:11 PM »
OMG, Hiroshi at 1:51, his pose is almost the same from these news' photos about his death, alsoi he really aged well since I could tell that its him before they said his name in this video.

OMG2 at Gunpei Yokoi making toys.

Yokoi was the man. But there are six parts this is one of them the one I was talking about nintendo shooting themselves in the foot.

Nintendo Part 4: Revenge Is A Disc Best Served Cold
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: September 26, 2013, 04:55:58 PM »
Calm down sonny, Im watching all these parts but I need time xD
They are really good, so be sure that I will watch all of them.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Tags: