Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: .....how about playing as the castle?!  (Read 4487 times)

AdrianBelmont

.....how about playing as the castle?!
« on: January 08, 2008, 08:02:27 AM »
..seriously though!
The history of alchemy in particular, but really the whole of esoteric wisdom, includes a belief that the earth is a macrocosmic equivalent of the human body...
this same idea provided the basis for the blueprints of the earliest cathedrals...see some information on the ideological background of Dionysius, the man credited with supplying the philosophico-religious foundation for the St. Denis cathedral, the first "gothic" cathedral built...

now, if Konami could dig up some of the particulars about how the micro-macrocosmic correlation between things such as a human body and a building were seen to work, I think it would be a small step, with the inclusion of some serious imagination (something Konami is in no shortage of), towards actualizing such an idea as this...
I'm thinking the gamer could be on the dark side, obviously, utilizing the castle's "limbs" and "psychology" so as to befuddle an AI vampire killer...what does everyone think????

Offline Ray

• better late
    • moniker
    • Awards
Re: .....how about playing as the castle?!
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2008, 10:05:35 AM »
In Reply To #1

It could be interesting.
Castlevania- Lord of this castle.

With some Dungeon Keeper/ Castlevania Tower Defense -like
mechanics.
Maybe a sort of agent Smith/perfect Dark like taking control of the monsters in your castle.
With multiple Vampire hunters to stop on higher difficulty levels.

Offline kaiwai

• Old Hunter
  • Hunter in Training
  • There is no vampire in Belgium!!
    • WEarePES.com
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2008, 11:09:04 AM »
Yeah, the idea is pretty good Adrian Belmont !!  8)

How could you think Konami could include this concept in the actual gameplay ?? Any suggestions everyone ?

Why not mixing it with this idea:
http://castlevania.classicgaming.gamespy.com/forums/index.php?topic=588.0  ;)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2008, 11:16:51 AM by kaiwai »

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2008, 11:47:37 AM »
That'd be pretty sweet. To me it kind of reminds me of something like the level editor in Mario Vs Donkey Kong 2 where you have ll sorts of traps to set but would still have the goal at the end. Maybe you could send Zombies and skeletons and such after a Belmont, He destroys paths and stuff and you have to rebuild them to get your ghouls across, while making traps to slow down the "hero".

What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2008, 12:23:27 PM »
In Reply To #1

Playing as everything in the castle, mainly Dracula, would rock. Playing as the castle itself, no way...
"I am the morning sun come to vanquish this horrible night!"

Offline Thomas Belmont

• Legendary
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2008, 08:57:18 PM »
..seriously though!
The history of alchemy in particular, but really the whole of esoteric wisdom, includes a belief that the earth is a macrocosmic equivalent of the human body...
this same idea provided the basis for the blueprints of the earliest cathedrals...see some information on the ideological background of Dionysius, the man credited with supplying the philosophico-religious foundation for the St. Denis cathedral, the first "gothic" cathedral built...

now, if Konami could dig up some of the particulars about how the micro-macrocosmic correlation between things such as a human body and a building were seen to work, I think it would be a small step, with the inclusion of some serious imagination (something Konami is in no shortage of), towards actualizing such an idea as this...
I'm thinking the gamer could be on the dark side, obviously, utilizing the castle's "limbs" and "psychology" so as to befuddle an AI vampire killer...what does everyone think????

Playing as the castle? What a stupid ass idea. Hey! I have an idea! Maybe in a future game we can play as a boot.

AdrianBelmont

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2008, 09:03:14 AM »
In Reply To #6

Haha I chuckle at your imaginative deficiency

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2008, 09:08:47 AM »
Actually, at first I thuoght wtf, stupid... but if I think abuot it, it could be a decent idea.

But the way I'm thinking is not the same as yours probably...

Another Lone-wolf

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2008, 10:56:39 PM »
In Reply To #1

Well,if I'm the Count,I wound just stand in front of the castle gate,not giving a chance for Hunters to entry.

Tags:

anything