Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: A Realm Reborn Dreams of Ice 2.4 update adds Rogue and Ninja  (Read 3882 times)

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
A Realm Reborn Dreams of Ice 2.4 update adds Rogue and Ninja
« on: October 08, 2014, 12:34:13 PM »
Looking forward to this.   ;D   Ninja was my favorite in FFXI but it was so expensive and tedious to have the ammo/tools
to use ninjutsu and have peak performance.  but FFXIV ARR has much better battle system and gameplay, so it's much
better at designing class skills without needing money and crafting as a factor to have and use all the best skills and decent
gear to perform at your current level.   Just as the other classes are much more fun in ARR compared to their FFXI counterparts,
Ninja is going to be even better here.   Plus, Ninja is now treated as a DPS instead of Tank,  so that will make them even
more enjoyable (it was awkward NINs being tanks in FFXI, and yet armored Samurai were DPS.
Looking forward to the new expanded main story quests and new Hildibrand quest also.  :)
The new Primal Extreme weapons could probably be at least i110, so that does add more horizontal gear progression.
The new dungeon looks refreshing, though not going to watch videos to avoid spoilers, better to explore it, but it's kind
of annoying they spoiled the bosses, though they always did that in the new update promotions for the new and HM dungeons,
even the raids like Syrcus Tower, but ah well, seeing a picture or two is ok.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/196260-Patch-2.4-Preview

http://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/20141006_670078.html

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152762516425871.1073741876.116214575870&type=1

http://game.watch.impress.co.jp/img/gmw/docs/670/078/hyo_09.jpg

The update is probably coming in 2-3 weeks.  ;D

Offline Akumajou Jason XX

• Hunter in Training
  • I've made a huge mistake.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Re: A Realm Reborn Dreams of Ice 2.4 update adds Rogue and Ninja
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2014, 10:01:23 PM »
I've been interested in trying FFXIV, but SWTOR is still enough for my MMO needs these days.  Maybe after I finally beat all of the class stories (like that will ever happen).
Braun is perhaps the world's leading expert in laser weaponry, and his presence in the Kavango means that the Soviet bloc is planning some sort of laser mission.

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2014, 07:51:30 AM »
Massive amounts of new content being added!!  :)

New trailer shows lots of incredible things!!   I will make a ninja clan, but they really should add a Whip class.
Quistis used a whip in FF8, and that was with PS1 tech, so I'm sure they can have decent whip modeling and animations in this.
Maybe Dancer will get whip though I think when they add Dancer, it could branch from Rogue as a Healer type Job (which
would make it more popular and requested).   I'm glad Ninja is DPS in this, tanking just doesn't suit it like DPS does.   ;D

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/10/17/final-fantasy-xiv-realm-reborn-trailer-shows-shiva-patch-2-4/

http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/special/2_4_Dreams_of_Ice/

FINAL FANTASY XIV Patch 2.4 - Dreams of Ice

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2014, 06:40:22 PM »
Some questions about the game:

It uses the same servers for PS3, PS4 and PC like XI did? Example: Im on PC, but I can play with people from PS3.

What about PVP, it is good? It have a PVP world or you can only battle on arenas?

It uses the old MMO battle system of "click to auto-attack and them mash the skills buttons" or its more like TERA and Monster Hunter where you really do something?

Its better than WoW? It seems to be...
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2014, 02:42:49 PM »
+1
Some questions about the game:

It uses the same servers for PS3, PS4 and PC like XI did? Example: Im on PC, but I can play with people from PS3.

All platforms play together.  PC, PS3 and PS4. 

What about PVP, it is good? It have a PVP world or you can only battle on arenas?

Only PVP in arenas, but most play Frontlines, which is a instanced PVP battlefield,
a 3 way war with multiple bases and a score system.    It's really great. 

It uses the old MMO battle system of "click to auto-attack and them mash the skills buttons" or its more like TERA and Monster Hunter where you really do something? 

It's better than FFXI system.  It has auto attack but every 2.5 seconds you are manually choosing skill after skill, some
skills have combos that give extra effects (like a combo that increases aggro to help tanking).  Other skills are buffs
(like Cleric Stance for White Mage lets it reverse it's MND and INT so it's attack spells do more damage.)
Like imagine if FFXI TP bar always started fills and you use weaponskills one after another, rarely running out of TP unless
you are in a really long battle and use the highest TP cost skills too much,  it's very strategic and exciting, while not
being a twitchy hack n slash rpg.  It is a great balance of classic and realtime mmorpg combat with a nice pacing. 

Some classes have more linear fighting styles than others, but overall each is stylish and interesting in their own way,
plus as you level up your set of skills expands, so it gets much deeper and there is some flexibility in how to attack.

Also FFXIV enemies have less HP than FFXI's, plus you can take on more enemies at the sametime, so you do feel stronger
in FFXIV, but it does reward a lot of teamwork and there are plenty of challenges. 

Its better than WoW? It seems to be...

Haven't played WoW but everything I seen of WoW doesn't interest me.  You sound like you have XI background like me,
so you can really enjoy this. I definitely find this more fun and rewarding than XI was.

Also, here is the recent Heavensward expansion media

FINAL FANTASY XIV: Heavensward Teaser Trailer

Really nice logo.    It's said airships can be built to access high locations in the sky, and the new zones
will be more massive.   ;D

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/446/view/news/read/32793/Final-Fantasy-XIV-A-Realm-Reborn-Heavensward-Expansion-Announced-for-2015.html

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2014, 03:43:37 AM »
To say the truth I've never played XI, but it was the only MMO that I was willing to pay monthly, lack of money and some other problems disallowed me to do that tough, but I've seens some videos and really liked it. You could change classes like in FF V and that was kinda cool :P

Thanks for sharing info, I plan to buy it on steam to PC then, since I can pay monthly fees with my local coin so I dont need any international credit cards.

I only need to check if my notebook can run it, if not I will wait until I could buy a better machine.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About the news, hell yeah, Dragoon/Lancer! This guy wearing these rags and then changing in a Dragoon reminds me of Kain in FFIV After Years (I know its not him)

(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2014, 12:21:52 PM »
I use cash on official time cards that GS sells (they print the code on the receipt, been using them for months now,
used to use Ultimate Game Card but that method isn't supported now.)
I just go to Mog Station and click that option to input the time card code to add more to the subscription.   ;D
2.4 next week is going to have 24 hour maintanence, so it should be up the next day.   

You can be overwhelmed at first, but the more you play the more you can appreciate its complexity and depth.   ;D
I just got Culinary to level 50, normally I find crafting classes boring but that was pretty fast getting it to lv.50 in 3 days,
it costed like 400,000 gil for ingredients and stuff, but I think I can make use of it, plus it has a nice minigame that has
strategy to it.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2014, 03:04:26 PM »
Wow, I was not expecting that kind of thing on the game, crafting is good when you are exausted from fighting monsters.

I've found an official benchmark tool, I will use it to know if my actual pc can run it well enough :D
Also checking in a brazilian fansite I've found another payment method that is quite popular in my country and doesnt require a credit card (Boleto Bancário), its good to know that they accept it.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline son_the_vampire

• Chilly Lemonade
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I see you over there.. Yeah you
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2014, 05:31:30 AM »
Ive taken a 4 month break. Looking forward to this update.
Twitch.tv/TrippyLemonss

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2014, 07:48:47 AM »
If people are super patient, they could wait for the 3.0 expansion in the spring and be overwhelmed with even more content to experience.   ;D   
Heavensward is said to practically double Eorzea in size and content.   Adding more things (like Dark Knight, and perhaps Samurai and Musketeer), a 4th city and more. 

Well ninja is around the corner so that will be lots of cool things I will do.   Currently I have been using the market board more and
carefully gauging the prices of certain items, I was able to make 100,000+ gil the same day!!   And I have yet to start cooking lv.50
2 star meals for the marketboard, got some better gear to improve stats.  ;D   I think I could quickly make back that 400,000 gil I invested in leveling Culinarian while completing its guild story (those last 4 meals were an epic challenge, they felt like boss fights.)

And what's cool is the fighting classes, you really don't need to spend gil for gear, there are lots of quests that give you gear along
the way, plus the battle system is so well done it's not very strict with your gear Level until like the harder lv. 50 content.   
First time advancing in main story, you can get about 300,000-400,000 gil, not counting side quests.  And there are duty finder roulettes  that can be done daily that reward extra exp, money and stuff.

Also be sure to configure things and learn how configuring function, because there are TONS of convenient character, system and
control config options that lets you set things how you want.    ;D

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2014, 10:14:31 AM »
I will download the benchmark tool today at my job, since the internet connection there is much better, lets see if my poor notebook can handle this game, wish me luck. :P
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2014, 10:37:40 AM »
I think this has somewhat adjustable settings to make it play smoother.  Also you can do things like turn off party/other effects so
that improves performance.  PC probably has customizable settings people can use to have a nice balance between graphics and smoothness. 

Also, found the 2.4 patch notes, lots of updates coming. 

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/6378f50e359d5753715d3140fe0482c3e441d852

;D

Tags:

anything