Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania in 2015  (Read 91765 times)

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #195 on: March 01, 2015, 04:07:36 PM »
I, on the other hand, am enjoying the 90's vibe that Anathema has.
Reminds me of Killer Instinct, Donkey Kong Country, Nosferatu, etc.

The character's stair animation is a little stiff and is missing the shadow under the character, but otherwise it's neat.  A little glossy and brown, so is the entire game.  Gameplay looks great, though.  Totally loving that whipswingin'.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline piscesdreams

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #196 on: March 01, 2015, 05:59:21 PM »
I, on the other hand, am enjoying the 90's vibe that Anathema has.
Reminds me of Killer Instinct, Donkey Kong Country, Nosferatu, etc.

The character's stair animation is a little stiff and is missing the shadow under the character, but otherwise it's neat.  A little glossy and brown, so is the entire game.  Gameplay looks great, though.  Totally loving that whipswingin'.

Just so I can be sure, is the up stairs animation that looks stiff to you? Because I feel the same and will be fixing that. Or is it up and down?

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #197 on: March 02, 2015, 12:15:03 AM »
To me it's the stair-climbing that needs work, secondary to that would be the whip-swing animations (as the character looks like she's squatting rather then forward momentum carrying her like it does with Simon Belmont in SCV4).
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #198 on: March 02, 2015, 12:43:29 AM »
+2
Let IGA replace Alvarez at the head of MS and I'll be the happiest man on Earth.

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #199 on: March 02, 2015, 01:58:57 AM »
Heh, that would be cool. Let the developers do their thing and let IGA put the feel back into the series. Would never happen, but I really love that idea.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #200 on: March 02, 2015, 01:45:22 PM »
I'd like to imagine Konami's secretly been working on the DCW game all this time, and has been putting out distraction games to dash the fan's hopes, only to skyrocket them back up with the release of DCW.

Would you want DCW without IGA being involved in some way? I think by now that ship has sailed. Unlesss they would be able to get him back somehow.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #201 on: March 02, 2015, 08:48:35 PM »
Hence the "I'd like to."

I wouldn't want a DCW if IGA wasn't involved, tbh. Too much of the series leading up to DCW was lead by him, I can't imagine anyone else able to fit those shoes.

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline Koutei

• Uboaaa!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • The Japanese People
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
« Reply #202 on: March 03, 2015, 09:52:42 PM »
They sent Poll Results to KONAMI, Some hints may be obtained.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Operation-Akumajo/243488722337560

But there are no responses from KONAMI at present.
I'm on hiatus now.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #203 on: March 03, 2015, 11:39:43 PM »
+1
"Over 66% of the fans “strongly agree” with the following statements."
-> 90% of this stuff was found in the LoS games LOL

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
« Reply #204 on: March 06, 2015, 01:44:11 PM »
Not sure how I feel about that Anathema trailer. The art looks really cheap, and I can't even tell if the gameplay looks good because the art and animation make it look like it controls stiff and clunky. In a parallel universe, I might be interested in it.

But man, that OA post made me die a little inside.

"it was irresponsible"
"do the right thing"
"cost you dearly"

It's so patronizing, especially when you get to the "Do 2D games need longer development cycles to be better?" questions. Umm, no shit. You think Konami needs you to tell them that? Reminds me of that time Sakurai told off some Smash Bros player for thinking he could make a better Smash Bros game than him.

Imagine the good that could be done for the world if all of this effort and indignation was spent on something other than getting people to make you video games.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 01:46:35 PM by e105beta »

Offline Intersection

• The Symbolic
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Potent Sovereign of the Abstract
    • Awards
« Reply #205 on: March 07, 2015, 12:53:38 PM »
Gotta love the way they presented their survey.

Do you approve of candidate X we support?
- Strongly approve
- Approve
- No opinion

Do you disapprove of candidate Y we don't support?
- Strongly disapprove
- Disapprove
- No opinion

I kinda wonder what their criteria for "superior games" and "polarizing games" are supposed to be - probably something along the lines of "2D vs 3D". But if they're up in arms against Lords of Shadow, why did they feel the need to include Judgment, CV64, and LoD in their "polarizing" section?
Castlevania: Legacy of Sorrow: An original scenario project

Freedom is the one thing you cannot impose.

Offline piscesdreams

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #206 on: March 07, 2015, 01:24:10 PM »
Not sure how I feel about that Anathema trailer. The art looks really cheap, and I can't even tell if the gameplay looks good because the art and animation make it look like it controls stiff and clunky. In a parallel universe, I might be interested in it.

All I can really say is when I release our demo, give it a whirl and give your feedback. All feedback is appreciated.

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #207 on: March 07, 2015, 03:12:10 PM »
Gotta love the way they presented their survey.

Do you approve of candidate X we support?
- Strongly approve
- Approve
- No opinion

Do you disapprove of candidate Y we don't support?
- Strongly disapprove
- Disapprove
- No opinion

I kinda wonder what their criteria for "superior games" and "polarizing games" are supposed to be - probably something along the lines of "2D vs 3D". But if they're up in arms against Lords of Shadow, why did they feel the need to include Judgment, CV64, and LoD in their "polarizing" section?

So. Much. This.

"Look Konami, at the results we got where the majority of the surveyed people agree with us. Please ignore the fact that the very premisse of this page is to have people that agrees with us."

The results would be much different if Konami held the same survey on their page. I feel as if OA had their thing rigged from the very beginning. I might be wrong, but it sure as heck feels like this.
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #208 on: March 07, 2015, 03:20:54 PM »
+1
Operation Akumajo was always a joke. It's just an echochamber club for people who hated LoS just for the sake that it wasnt another DS Metroidvania.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #209 on: March 07, 2015, 07:28:35 PM »
Operation Akumajo was always a joke. It's just an echochamber club for people who hated LoS just for the sake that it wasnt another DS Metroidvania.

Man.. I'd throw a couple insults your way for what you said there. I won't though because what I want to say to you will probably get me banned. We wouldn't want that now would we?
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Tags:

anything