Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania in 2015  (Read 91753 times)

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #225 on: March 09, 2015, 04:33:48 PM »
Caught up with this thread a bit. Saw a lot of the talk about OA, and I chuckled a bit. I'm actually quite embarrassed to admit it, but I was once an admin of that movement. You know, back when it was at least... somewhat genuine. As time went on, I got sick of how Cecil was shoving his opinion down my throat over and over, and never listened to a lot of what I had to say. I told him several times that he needs to tone down the "DESECRATION" talk about LoS, because it just made OA seem like a bunch of butthurt fanboys. But he always had some justification for it. Plus don't even get me started on how many times he asked me to help with a project, and I put hours into work for it, only for him to just completely ignore the work I put out.

All in all, I'm sad with what it's become. It almost seems like he just enjoys hearing himself talk. There's no reason his speeches should seem so insulting, and over-dramatic.

But enough about that. lol

Anyway, I'm trying to remain at least somewhat optimistic for a Castlevania announcement at either E3 or TGS this year, but it really doesn't seem likely with Konami pouring so many resources into MGSV and Silent Hills (both of which I'm really excited for). But hell, I wouldn't even mind if they got together a small team and put out another WiiWare/PSN/Arcade title.

As for the DCW storyline? I care so little about it at this point that if the next CV game wasn't it, I wouldn't even be mad. But if it was? Coolio, I guess.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #226 on: March 09, 2015, 04:46:22 PM »
shirt's pretty neato
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #227 on: March 09, 2015, 05:28:21 PM »
+1
I just want to know when we're going to start Operation Anathema and bother piscesdreams with mildly threatening letters.

Offline piscesdreams

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #228 on: March 09, 2015, 06:40:32 PM »
I just want to know when we're going to start Operation Anathema and bother piscesdreams with mildly threatening letters.

I love when I get mail. It makes me happy.

Offline pimp dracula

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #229 on: March 16, 2015, 02:23:32 AM »
How is Operation Akumajo doing?

Other movements like Suikoden Revival and Operation Rainfall have success because they send humble petitions that doesn't sound like fan rants which the group is doing.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #230 on: March 16, 2015, 07:00:00 AM »
How is Operation Akumajo doing?

As far  as how "succesful" it is, this is impossible to say since we don't know what Konami plans to do with the franchise. Regarding raw numbers, the page I believe has over 30,000 likes, which I thought was pretty impressive. I've seen some of those Castlevania related petitions which only ended getting signed 100 times or so, so at least it's better than that.

The points about being "more humble" or "more respectful" seems like empy critism to me. I'm not saying either approach is better than the other, but if I was employed at Konami at took a look at a page like this, I wouldn't be partically interested how the message is being conceived or even if the overall point is well articulated. I would ask myself "How much people would be willing to support this? And how much of those people will actually go out and buy the product if what they demand is actually made?".

Granted, the overall goal of the Operation Akumajo seems a bit vague to me. What do they want? Metroidvania? Classicvania? Roughly dividing the series into "Akumajo Dracula" and "Lords of Shadow" doesn't really help matters either. Operation Moonfall and so on have very straightforward and easy to understand goals, which is probably why some of them ended up succesful (and because of the support, of course). If there's anything Operation Akumajo should focus on doing, it should be that.         

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #231 on: March 16, 2015, 07:52:18 AM »
Their last open letter to Konami is simply hilarious.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #232 on: March 16, 2015, 12:20:39 PM »

The points about being "more humble" or "more respectful" seems like empy critism to me. I'm not saying either approach is better than the other, but if I was employed at Konami at took a look at a page like this, I wouldn't be partically interested how the message is being conceived or even if the overall point is well articulated. I would ask myself "How much people would be willing to support this? And how much of those people will actually go out and buy the product if what they demand is actually made?".
this is true, but at the same time, to even get my attention, the tone would matter. if i was told there was a passionate group of fans petitioning capcom to release Legends 3, holding events to raise awareness, and keeping track of megaman news in general and stuff like that, I'd take a look. if I was told there was a small group of Castlevania fans angrily DEMANDING that konami practically apologize for their decisions, and insulting their latest game as some sort of blasphemy with sternly worded letters, I wouldnt even give them the time of day and write them off as a small group of overly entitled angry fanboys.

keep in mind the first people likely to take notice of these movements aren't in japan, they could care less. But the US branches, who then pass the word along to HQ

Granted, the overall goal of the Operation Akumajo seems a bit vague to me. What do they want? Metroidvania? Classicvania?
They SPECIFICALLY want a 2D Metroidvania that takes place during the battle of 1999. Thats literally Cecil Kain's ONLY goal with OA.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #233 on: March 16, 2015, 12:42:00 PM »
Yeah, OA got way out of hand. I mean, back when it started, when I was a part of it, I wasn't even sure then what Cecil wanted. He was demanding a 2D 1999 game with "state-of-the-art graphics" on all current-gen consoles. And then proceeded to demand an HD remake of Castlevania III, again with "state-of-the-art graphics" on all current-gen consoles.

He then proceeded to completely alienate fans of LoS, and said that LoS was "desecration" to the "Castlevania legend" or some crap like that.

The demands themselves have been discussed to death so I'm not really gonna comment on those anymore. But the splitting the franchise up was... well, it was really dumb. LoS brought in a lot of new fans to the series, and to alienate them on a page with over 30,000 fans? That kinda makes the whole CV fanbase look like a bunch of douches.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #234 on: March 16, 2015, 01:35:43 PM »
I think if there was money to be made, Konami would not witheld a CV game out of spite. I think it would be smart for a game company to keep track of "movements" like this regardless of how it's presented. But I suppose arguing about it is pointless since we don't know Konami's handlings of things. 

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #235 on: March 19, 2015, 11:49:43 AM »
Kojima is leaving Konami.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/kojima-expected-to-leave-konami-after-mgs5-inside-/1100-6426024/

He was pretty much keeping the company afloat, it's over completely now for Konami, that's it. RIP Castlevania.

:(

Offline piscesdreams

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #236 on: March 19, 2015, 11:53:13 AM »
Wasnt he involved with PT/Silent Hill too?

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #237 on: March 19, 2015, 12:45:38 PM »
Wasnt he involved with PT/Silent Hill too?
Yup. Guess shows over for the CV series. Let's see was IGA's got in store, if he's got anything at all for a "spiritual successor". Spiritual successors are probably the only thing we got left for an unofficial continuation of the spirit of the CV series.

Oddly enough, I still don't get why a lot of the infamous directors just don't ban together to form some super company. Fuckin get Kojima and IGA(both, I guess now, former of Konami) to get Sakaguchi(of MistWalker and former Squaresoft), Inafune(of former Capcom) and Naka(of former Sega) to form "Legendary Corporation"(or something similar). Maybe too many egos(the bulk of them are leaders, after all), but that kind of collab(maybe leading to different types of collabs) would be fuckin awesome and would definitely raise gamers' eyes. Not only that, each and every one of those guys have connections to other folk in the industry they can bring aboard for projects. Probably the definition of "Dream Team".

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #238 on: March 19, 2015, 12:47:28 PM »
This is bad for CV, but also for other Konami franchises...

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #239 on: March 19, 2015, 12:50:47 PM »
Welp, that's all she wrote not just for Castlevania but every other Konami game in general. :'(

Tags: