Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Warcraft 1 and 2 Won't Be Remastered Because They're "Not That Fun Anymore"  (Read 3003 times)

Offline Highwind Dragoon

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania.
    • Awards
Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
WoW...

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
Being that the only pre-WoW Warcraft I played was Warcraft 3 (and I loved it), how were the first two anyway? Friend of mine has them and I was thinking of borrowing them to give 'em a playthrough.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline Highwind Dragoon

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania.
    • Awards
The first one is clunky compared to later RTS games like age of empire series or empire earth series, but the second one is still a solid classic.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
They shouldn't remaster it then but instead do a remake of 1, 2 and 3 using their newest RTS engine. Its almost seems as if Blizzard is afraid that World of Warcraft players notice that its incorrect to call old Warcraft games as WoW and that its lacking a lot of mechanics from the classic games... :rollseyes:

WoW is a cool game but they shouldn't focuse only on that with this franchise, even more when its engine is ancient and more and more interesting MMO are appearing on the market.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
WoW is a cool game but they shouldn't focuse only on that with this franchise, even more when its engine is ancient and more and more interesting MMO are appearing on the market.

Especially since there are free MMOs like Star Wars: The Old Republic that pretty much play exactly like WoW. I admittedly haven't played WoW since Cataclysm launched (didn't play it enough to warrant paying a monthly fee), but The Old Republic is arguably a better game, one that I play enough to consider switching to the subscription model.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Tags:

anything