Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Metroid Other M: Samus is not Samus Aran (A Headcanon by yours truly)  (Read 7101 times)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Metroid Other M: Samus is not Samus Aran (A Headcanon by yours truly)
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2017, 09:33:13 AM »
Either way, Lone C in Other M definitely salvages that game for me story wise and I will accept it as my new reality.

It definitely lightens the load of negative impact. But it still doesn't fully explain away a lot of the shit the was lost in translation (if not intentionally written by Nintendo's story writers at all).
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline squaretex

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2017, 08:26:19 AM »
Most definitely food for thought, and it does make me curious to finally pick up the game one day in THAT light. :)

Just curious - and I may have missed it - have you put forth this theory over at Metroid Database? What a reaction it would bring...! :D

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2017, 10:41:13 AM »
Just curious - and I may have missed it - have you put forth this theory over at Metroid Database? What a reaction it would bring...! :D

I'm very interested in seeing this myself. And I'd also have to wonder what the reaction at Nintendo would be if they caught wind of this too.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Tags: