Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What do you want to see besides games in 2009 ?  (Read 25465 times)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
Re: What do you want to see besides games in 2009 ?
« Reply #60 on: August 07, 2008, 12:20:47 PM »
Who's Asmodon ?

Offline ChibiMaddiChan

• I'm a bitch of an itch.
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Butts that itch should be washed. That is all.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #61 on: August 07, 2008, 12:36:05 PM »
In Reply To #59

Right. And if that definition extends to Asmodon, it would also extend to the comments he was reacting to. Unless proposals of ret-coning HoD and PoR are on-topic and not meant to offend anybody and ret-coning CoTM isn't. Or the constant bashes towards IGA...

Fixed.  ;)

No but really, I would adore a remake of Castlevania 3.  That's my all time favorite game and it would be awesome.  Or a special edition version of the music for the series.
---
I was suppose to say something profound here. I don't 'do' profound so much as ramble so...whatever. Here lies text. Congratulations for reading it.  You were as bored as I am. Seriously, stop reading, you can't be that bored.  Still here? Really?  You officially are my new favorite person and now are owed one internet cookie. Don't eat it though, it gives you bad gas.

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: August 07, 2008, 01:00:19 PM »
I don't think you can have a conversation about the future of CV without talking about how IGA should be doing better, if you're one who wishes for your favorite series to thrive, and to do this these days it needs to go 3D. And he has failed at attempting it twice (he has admitted it), and here likely comes the third one....  :(

What you call "IGA-bashing" is totally within the confines of this topic's question.

"Observe their fates and learn well."

Offline Kamirine

• Welcome to Fright Night.
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: August 07, 2008, 01:51:52 PM »
I don't think you can have a conversation about the future of CV without talking about how IGA should be doing better, if you're one who wishes for your favorite series to thrive, and to do this these days it needs to go 3D. And he has failed at attempting it twice (he has admitted it), and here likely comes the third one....  :(

What you call "IGA-bashing" is totally within the confines of this topic's question.

No offense, but most of the time, you don't talk about how he could be 'doing better', your always making 'jokes' (and I use the term loosely) about how he should 'step down'.  And this isn't nearly the first topic you've done that in and some of which had absolutely nothing to do with IGA at all. 

It is in the confines of this topic, certainly, but considering you seem to do it in (overexggeration!) every other topic too, it kinda gets old. It'd be like a fanboy of his constantly praising the ground he walks on just because he's IGA in ever topic, which (IMO) can be just as annoying.

Offline ChibiMaddiChan

• I'm a bitch of an itch.
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Butts that itch should be washed. That is all.
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: August 07, 2008, 02:02:52 PM »
Speaking of that, I'd like to see IGA in some form of bright colors. Like yellow.  With his hair looking unkempt and crazy again.  Or a Hawaiian shirt that has yellow in it with his hair looking crazy.  In a mugshot.  Yeah...

But with him taking interest in 8-Bit, I can say I would love to see a old school Castlevania next year, much like Megaman is doing.  Pits, medusa smaking you right as your trying to jump, knocking you into a bit. Slow moving Belmonts that pimp strut.  Oh yeah.  That's gotta happen.
---
I was suppose to say something profound here. I don't 'do' profound so much as ramble so...whatever. Here lies text. Congratulations for reading it.  You were as bored as I am. Seriously, stop reading, you can't be that bored.  Still here? Really?  You officially are my new favorite person and now are owed one internet cookie. Don't eat it though, it gives you bad gas.

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: August 07, 2008, 02:49:53 PM »
Yeah, I do want IGA to step down; this is no joke. I'm dead serious. And I am not the only one serious about this.

If we're going to see the series grow we need fresh ideas, and he seems to be out of them. He seems incapable at breaking the 3D barrier and he's more or less rehashing SotN over and over, now with AoS mechanics. If it's Konami's fault, well we don't know, but I have to point the blame at someone -- something -- more palpable, and IGA claims he's the head of the series, so that's where I'm pointing the finger. Also since he admitted that the 3D games' lackluster design is his doing, I'm definitely pointing the finger for that.

From what he's revealed about his personality, he's deathly afraid of criticism, too. This means he's afraid to change things lest he be "yelled" at and so he tends not to change much actually. And he's right, he will get yelled at for change; it's evident with Judgment. But he has to learn to take it, beause you can't make everyone happy -- it's impossible.

And yeah, Judgment might be a different idea, but it was bred more from Koji Igarashi's worries about fatigue with long sessions of the Wii-mote than that he actually wanted to make this game, or at least this is what he hints at. Konami forced him to do a Wii game because the system is successfully hot and this is what he came up with. And even if Judgment succeeds and forms it's own sub-series, it won't do anything to alleviate the general creative slump the main series is experiencing.

Even with Ecclesia, we see rehashed ideas everywhere. How long can the series go on this way?

The good news is, we're getting THREE Cv-related games this year. That's the most we've gotten in a single year in a long time (actually I'm not sure we've ever been given 3 in a year). This tells me that Konami is finally putting some financial "umph" behind this deserved series, and whoever they decide to head it's future should have an easier time.

I tell you what -- I'll give him one last shot. But, if IGA's next 3D game (I'm not counting Judgment)fails to bring the series into the third-dimension proper, I want him out. SOMEONE has to do this right. It is such a crucial share of the game market. And as many problems as the CV64's had (and believe me here when I say I used to despise them), they came a lot closer to capturing what makes a Castlevania game, a Castlevania game. With the technology nowadays, a similar KCEK approach could prove very, very awesome. And mixing those ideas with the action ideas IGA's team has come up with, would be PERFECT.

My eyes/ears are on more info about the arcade game. In essence, it's an experiment with bringing CV into first-person. The success of this could pave the way for bigger ideas for the next 3D game.

So, what do I really want for 2009? I want Castlevania to SUCCEED; like it's never done before. I want to see the series finally GROW past SotN. I want Konami and even IGA to prove me wrong. With three games on the way it certainly has potential to raise more awareness about itself, but there's really not too much to go on right now to say that anything big is gonna change (read:in a good way). Ok so maybe this wish might fit better with 2010, but the series needs to see healthy change, and soon.

"Observe their fates and learn well."

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #66 on: August 07, 2008, 07:19:02 PM »
Wow, this exploded needlessly.

I mentioned something and then I was PM'd about it by the respective parties.  The situation was resolved. 

No need to blow it out of proportion.

I think people's attitudes boil a little easier during the summer.  We tolerate many of the jokes here and there because I think that we're better than the GameFAQs forums (which block and ban and edit topics here and right).  While some of the barbs are a bit harsher and it does get annoying after continued usage of them (at which point Moderation steps in), overall I think a reasonably free exchange happens here, even if it upsets people.

Usually talk of retcon, etc. brings this about.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

TheForc

« Reply #67 on: August 07, 2008, 08:33:52 PM »
I'd like to see them open up the gates of darkness and revive the dark lord to let us all try our hand at taking him down.

o_O
As we've seen before, you don't NEEEEEED the whip, though a holy weapon sure would be nice....
Just grab a pocket knife, crucifix, and hope maybe you've got a cool power. That or wait for someone to come along and play a part like selling stuff.

Offline erimocard

• satin demon
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Gro
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: August 08, 2008, 03:04:38 AM »
In Reply To #68

I've already started to kill people in my street. I'm hoping to get some level-ups as well as some rare drops. Just in case.

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: August 08, 2008, 04:51:18 AM »
silly rabbit, you need to kill monsters to level up. you get 0 xp from humans, they're only good for item drops which you can sell for gold.

Offline erimocard

• satin demon
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Gro
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: August 08, 2008, 05:10:16 AM »
In Reply To #70

It's no rabbit, it's a lizard, HRAH.  >:(
Rabbits look like this:

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: August 08, 2008, 06:01:24 AM »
i wasn't talking about your avatar, i adblocked it long ago. :o

Offline erimocard

• satin demon
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Gro
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: August 08, 2008, 06:13:37 AM »
In Reply To #72

Why?

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: August 08, 2008, 06:30:49 AM »
dunno, furries annoy me i guess

Offline erimocard

• satin demon
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Gro
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: August 08, 2008, 07:08:17 AM »
In Reply To #74

It's a lizard. Lizards aren't furry. T_T

(I have a feeling Jorge is going to impale us for that here)

Tags:

anything