Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: I made a touhou version of a Weird Al music video  (Read 2833 times)

Offline CastleToastM

• Toast Fan
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Waffles are pretty great
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (NDS)
I made a touhou version of a Weird Al music video
« on: January 18, 2016, 09:17:17 PM »
I couldn't think of a proper topic title, so I put whatever came to mind.

Anyways, here's my version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAvCJHKIwPE

And Weird Al's original:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXiwYUCe_bY

I used more than 200 characters in this animation. Touhou sure has a metric ton of these Touhous, and I used all of them in this one video.

Don't ask why I did it, I just did. It also gives me an excuse to randomly pop in, since I visit these forums so rarely anymore.

I was thinking about putting this topic in "fan stuff", but I think "off topic" would be better, since I assume "fan stuff" is just for castlevania things, and "off topic" is for whatever.

So, here's my whatever. It's not the best thing in the world, but it's my best animation to date.

Also, how unpopular is "Handy"? There's like no parodies of it on youtube, but songs like "Hardware Store" has several different fan videos of it. Where's the parody versions of these parody songs?

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: I made a touhou version of a Weird Al music video
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2016, 10:36:10 PM »
Hey Castle Pokemetroid! Been a while since you uploaded you last project here for our entertainment  :)
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline CastleToastM

• Toast Fan
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2016, 11:13:05 PM »
Hey Castle Pokemetroid! Been a while since you uploaded you last project here for our entertainment  :)

Indeed. I don't want to flood this place with my garbage, so I only share the really good ones.

That means the last time I shared anything here was four years ago haha

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2016, 09:36:11 AM »
I'm still waiting for you to do 'Dare to be stupid' with the Touhou cast  ;D
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline CastleToastM

• Toast Fan
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2016, 03:32:06 AM »
I'm still waiting for you to do 'Dare to be stupid' with the Touhou cast  ;D

Indeed, I remember that post ;)

It's still in consideration, but there's no way I want to make another video with absolutely everyone in it. Maybe one with all the Windows era characters.

These things are way too much work for such little return. In the time it takes me to make one really good short video, I could have made 15 - 20 crappy ones. With the way youtube works, it's more beneficial to have quantity over quality.

I'll probably start working on something with the next odd numbered main touhou game. Hardware Store was when TH13 was newly released, this new one is up to date with TH15 release.

If TH17 happens, I'll do another one with only the windows cast.

I'm kinda hoping TH17 doesn't happen anytime soon, these weird al animations are tough haha

Tags: