Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: New Akumajo Dracula Game: Grimoire of Souls (Story Mode Ended)  (Read 92462 times)

Offline FlyingMudBlock

• Hunter in Training
  • Eternally flying around...
    • Awards
Re: New Akumajo Dracula Game: Grimoire of Souls (Game resurrected??)
« Reply #300 on: May 12, 2022, 08:29:07 PM »
Looks like ver.1.4.0 is the final update for what i can see:
https://apps.apple.com/app/castlevania-gos-arcade/id1552347138?platform=iphone
I just hope we get to see the real Soma Cruz make a comeback.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2022, 08:30:47 PM by FlyingMudBlock »

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #301 on: May 13, 2022, 01:39:59 AM »
Getting big vibes that with this and Konami outright confirming the Silent Hill leak that just happened as real, I think we're going to see this game get announced for more platforms within the next two months. Shantae was Apple Arcade exclusive until all of its content dropped, then it was released as a multiplatform title. I see no reason to presume otherwise, especially considering we know a Steam build of the game exists.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #302 on: May 13, 2022, 03:19:21 AM »
Getting this on Switch or Steam would be nice.

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #303 on: May 13, 2022, 10:15:28 AM »
Don't expect anything from them other than shooting from the hip for fast cash grabs these days.

The worst monsters are human.

Offline Darth Cariss

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #304 on: May 13, 2022, 11:24:10 AM »
Releasing this game on other platforms would be nice. I played a couple hours of this on iPad, but I couldn't get over how bad the controls feel, it's just too imprecise for me.

Offline Scarlet starlet

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #305 on: May 15, 2022, 02:12:24 PM »
Watched the rest of the game on yt. The plot twist was obvious but cool, the ending on the other hand was very disappointing after so much build-up
(click to show/hide)
There are quite a few things I didn't understand but overall this was an ok script for Castlevania standards.
Gotta say the character personalities could use some tweaks. Richter, Simon and Trevor being the holy trinity of boring, Jonathan being more clever than half the cast, the female characters a bit insufferable imo except small maria and hermina.
I am just grateful we managed to see the end of the story tbh. This game was mostly an easter egg collection and felt like an attempt to test the waters for future games set in the original continuity. I think they wanted to demonstrate their familiarity with Castlevania lore before committing to a completely new story. And I can sense a vague desire to dabble with the Demon Castle War events, even though gameplay-wise THIS IS NOT the way to do it and I truly hope they'll keep their hands off 1999 for at least another game after GoS.

Offline angevil

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: New Akumajo Dracula Game: Grimoire of Souls (Story Mode Ended)
« Reply #306 on: May 22, 2022, 12:10:03 PM »
The game was amazing, I loved every bit of it. I was surprised at the plot twist, I would not say it was an obvious one. There were various options/characters that could have been used. Also, if you had played the game, you could have used Trevor to defeat end boss. That is exactly what I did because it seemed appropiate for the story.
I am so happy this game got to finish the story, it is the first real CV game after Ecclesia, and has so much variety and fan service. Just beautiful. I hope there will be more CV games in the future. I am sure it was good that the netflix show revived the franchise, and sparked interest in the games.

Tags: