Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Ehat am I missing in the last stage of Bloodstained?  (Read 2754 times)

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
Ehat am I missing in the last stage of Bloodstained?
« on: January 01, 2019, 05:10:13 AM »
You climb up stairs. You are in a new room, you get your bearings, then... Giant dust snake of destruction appears behind you and you can't outrun it because you waited 2 seconds after entering the level! You get past that snake and cone to a room of platforms leading up. You onow a snake is gonna appear, so you start hopping up the platforms. Then the snake appears and plows you down EVEN THOUGH YOU NEVER STOPPED MOVING. And if you somehow dodge the snake in that room, all the platforms are gone, so you have to suicide to get them to reappear. Seriously, this is just shitty, poorer-than-piss-poor level design. I know people have beaten this, so what the hell?  I don't recall NES games with this degree of cheapness in a terrain race. (And no, Mega Man 2's lasers were nowhere near this cheap, those were actual good game design.) And don't say, "You need to use <insert character name>" because that just reinforces how utterly shitty the game design is at that point.
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: Ehat am I missing in the last stage of Bloodstained?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2019, 05:31:46 AM »
It's been a long time since i played this game, i still remember how furious was on that stage, until i found out that it's all about memorizing the patterns this destruction moves. I suggest to use Miriam, because she can jump higher than the other characters and it will give you a boost to climb the room with the platforms faster. It's all about how fast you will enter that room, a 2 seconds delay is fatal....but believe me, once you learn how it moves, you'll go through that stage with blind eyes!! 
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2019, 12:07:28 PM »
There is a spot later with stairs that go UPWARDS (the blocks are orange/brown) and if the swarm (it appears to be a swarm of ravaging... insects? moths? flies?) destroys it by you being slow and you go back downstairs to 'reset' the platforms, when you come back they STAY GONE, forcing you to suicide from that screen.

Now that, is bullshit.
However, you can indeed overcome it after you learn about how they move... still cheapo though.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Jazz Paladin Productions

• Vampire Hunter
  • I was summoned here to pay tribute
    • Jazz Paladin On Facebook
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2019, 01:41:59 PM »
I find that each character also has an optimal route to take during that phase of climbing.

Miriam can take advantage of her enhanced height jumps to skip to higher paths that others would have to take a longer route to.

Gebel can of course fly straight up if you wanted to.

Zang and Alfie can seem gimped with their short jumps, but it can work in their favor by often taking advantage of the fact that their jumps have less "air time" that ends up being wasted in the air not being able to take another jump. They can jump in rapid succession better than Myriam can, even if the height isn't as good.

If you are doing ultimate mode (i think that's what it is), Zang can be a bit easier with his double jumping and sprints.
Jazzyvania: Symphonies of the Knight now available on CD/ Digital platforms! Groove on!

Offline Jazz Paladin Productions

• Vampire Hunter
  • I was summoned here to pay tribute
    • Jazz Paladin On Facebook
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2019, 01:46:01 PM »
  I don't recall NES games with this degree of cheapness in a terrain race. (And no, Mega Man 2's lasers were nowhere near this cheap, those were actual good game design.) And don't say, "You need to use <insert character name>" because that just reinforces how utterly shitty the game design is at that point.

I didn't find that part too bad. I just played through the original CV, and thought the converse was true--games were cheaper and consequently more challenging back in the day. BS COTM seems easy in comparision, especially if you do casual mode. Not that I don't appreciate having casual mode, it's nice not having to fret about slight mistakes, finite lives, starting back at the beginning of a level because of your many blunders.
Jazzyvania: Symphonies of the Knight now available on CD/ Digital platforms! Groove on!

Tags: