Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Create your own monster.  (Read 5786 times)

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« on: August 10, 2013, 08:48:13 AM »
+4
Just as the topic says. If you have a good idea for an enemy that would be perfect for a Castlevania game, you can post it here. Please only post serious entries (you're not funny).

It's simple, just fill in the following categories:

• Name.
  • Description.
  • 2D or 3D?
  • Taunt (Something that the enemy says, doesn't necessarily have to be an insult).
  • Means of attack.
  • Time period?
  • Image (How you envision the enemy to look like. Can be a sprite, 3D model, drawing, whatever).

Name:  Kuchisake-onna. Localized in English as "Slit-Mouthed Woman".
Description: A woman with long, black hair who wears a gray trenchcoat. Her mouth is slit from ear to ear, which looks like a large, unsettling grin. Her face also has a sickening gray complexion.
2D or 3D?  2D.
Taunt: In the Japanese version, she would speak in a very refined and polite manner. In the English version her speach pattern would be like ye olde English. (squeaky voice, similar to Medusa's laugh from Chronicles) “Dost thou gaze upon my beauty”? (or something to that extent).
Means of attack: Her weapon of choice would be something like a scalpel, a scythe, or a large pair of scissors. I imagine she would approach very slowly but strike very quickly and suddenly when in range.       
Time period: From 1999 and onwards.
Image:

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2013, 09:53:42 AM »
+2
This really sounds like a good idea for me, its not supposed to be fun, but a continued homage to Kamen Rider.

Name: Rider Skeleton
Description:A dead hero from the past revived by black magic.
2D or 3D? 2D
Taunt:Motorcycle noises.
Means of attack: He will act like these enemies that go back and forth trying to run over you, sometimes waiting until you come nearby or attack him. If you kill it, it will spawn a Kicker Skeleton like a Flea Armor spawns a Fleaman.
Time period: 1999 onward.
Image:
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline chainsawmidget

• that guy
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2013, 10:06:35 AM »
+3

Name:  The Heretic
Description:  A former Holy man corrupted by a dark power. 
2D or 3D:  Either
Taunt: 
I also gave them over to statutes that were not good and laws they could not live by; I let them become defiled through their gifts—the sacrifice of every firstborn—that I might fill them with horror so they would know that I am the LORD.
(This is actually a bible quote)
Means of attack:  In Battle, The Heretic teleports around the room launching spinning razor "halos" as well as causing large wooden stakes to shoot out from the ground and hooked chains that seemingly come from nowhere.  If you get too close, he may swipe at you with the stakes driven through his hands. 
Time Period:  1250s and onwards (although his look has changed a bit thoughout the ages)
Image: 

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: Create your own monster.
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2013, 12:39:54 PM »
+2
Name: Nephilim
Description: Unnatural species descended from both angels and demons. Rejected by Heaven and not willing to reside in Hell, they seek to wipe out humanity and claim the mortal realm as their own. Resistant to both holy and dark attacks.
2D or 3D?: both
Taunt (Something that the enemy says, doesn't necessarily have to be an insult): n/a
Means of attack: dual wields swords (one holy, one dark), slashes, thrusts, shoots a variety of projectiles (holy, dark, or mixed).
Time period?: Any
Image: Caucasian (with sleight tan). white hair. black eyes with blue irises. Looks human. Can be male or female. Males have short hair. Females have long straight hair. Both wear armor like a knight (no helmet though).

Other Notes: These enemies would be found in either church like areas or near the keep of castles. They are also meant to be a boss or a mini boss.
Behold my power and tremble

Offline The Puritan

• Vagabond
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2013, 05:49:50 PM »
+4
A good topic!  :)

Name: SWAT Zombie
Description: Undead remnants of a police unit that laid siege to the castle.
2D or 3D? Either
Taunt: When he sees you, you hear a garble of static and an unintelligible moaned voice. Play around with the sound file and it sounds a lot like, "10-34" (Assault in Progress). When killed, his shield breaks, his body crumbles based on how you killed him, and you hear another moaned voice that turns out to be "Officer Down."
Means of attack: Much like Sniper Joe of the Megaman games, SWAT Zombie blocks your attacks with a riot shield. At intervals, he lets it down to tag you with shotgun fire. Sometimes he'll remain behind cover and shoot a poisonous smoke grenade in an arc. Leave him standing for too long and he'll moan a mangled, "Requesting backup." Then a targeting reticle will appear onscreen; if you're in it when it glows red, you'll be hit by sniper fire.
Time period: 1999 onwards
Image:

Bonus details for the Sorrow games:

Soul Power Type: Guardian
Effect Level 1: A ghostly SWAT officer sprouts from your shoulder AOS Shadow Knight-style and says "10-13!" (Assisting Police Officer). He alternates between blocking projectiles and shooting enemies for low-moderate damage.
Effect Level 2: He now uses grenades at intervals for extra damage.
Effect Level 3: A ghostly targeting reticle starts following you around, centering on enemies and shooting them for big damage. A Silent Scope homage of sorts.  8)

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2013, 04:17:29 AM »
Name: Fire Fairy.
Description: A fairy from hell. She seduces men and kills them, and absorbes holy maidens energy to gain power as a daemon.
2D or 3D?: 3D.
Taunt: Come here, you handsome! I shall grant you a wish...
Means of attack: Drops poison fairy dust while she attacks.
Image: She can be the initial fairy from Curse of Darkness with a devil-girl costume.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline son_the_vampire

• Chilly Lemonade
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I see you over there.. Yeah you
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2013, 08:51:28 AM »
Fun topic!! I think I would go for more of a comic relief approach:
Name: Cheeseburgular (not to be mistaken with the hamburgular)
Description: Dracula's personal McDonalds run maker. Has no money so steals as many cheeseburgers as he can to satiate the appetite of all the minions dwelling within halls of Castlevania.
Taunt: "you get no fries with that!"
Means of attack: tosses unwrapped cheeseburger from his plentiful satchel of cheeseburgers. Also has a slide kick that can kick said burger in your face causing extra damage.
Time period: Cv bloodlines era and up
Description: I would imagine him as a low level axe armor type enemy. All black but smaller than the average axe armor. Does not wield an axe.  :D
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 08:53:45 AM by son_the_vampire »
Twitch.tv/TrippyLemonss

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2013, 10:55:26 AM »
+1
Name: Suck-o-Bus

Description: An afro-American succubus. Doesn't take s**t from anyone and would woop yo silly @$$ if ya try anything funny.

2D or 3D: Nevermind.

Taunt:"Oh no you didn't!"

Means of attack: Throws high-heeled shoes at you, slashes you with her super-sharp nails, and every once in a while pulls out a gigantic handbag and tries to smack you down with it.

Time period: 1976

Image: Use your imagination.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 10:57:28 AM by Mooning Freddy »
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2013, 12:55:55 PM »
+2
LOL, you inspired me enough to that:

(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline The Puritan

• Vagabond
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2013, 01:16:33 AM »
Name: Suck-o-Bus

Description: An afro-American succubus. Doesn't take s**t from anyone and would woop yo silly @$$ if ya try anything funny.

2D or 3D: Nevermind.

Taunt:"Oh no you didn't!"

Means of attack: Throws high-heeled shoes at you, slashes you with her super-sharp nails, and every once in a while pulls out a gigantic handbag and tries to smack you down with it.

Time period: 1976

Image: Use your imagination.

I'm getting huge Astarte vibes from that. COME HITHAH indeed.

Offline chainsawmidget

• that guy
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2013, 02:14:17 PM »
PumpkinSoldier
Soldiers that are almost human
iether 3-d or 2-d.
They serve as regular enemies and attack with gunfire, small grenades or by stabbing with a knife. 

Tags: