Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Spritework Request & Showcase Thread  (Read 1056146 times)

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #480 on: February 16, 2012, 07:39:22 PM »
The black outline on his inner coat tail on his right side disappears in his final frame of animation in the whip attack as well.
The worst monsters are human.

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #481 on: February 16, 2012, 09:24:30 PM »
That's just an awkward whipping motion.

Bullwhip Expert Anthony De Longis

Hard to catch cuz he moves so sanguinely, but he has different footwork for different angles of attack. What you are showing is the vertical attack or possibly even diagonal attack. Notice, for starters, he doesn't lean forward very much. With his sidearm attack, he actually steps forward. For the backhand attack he steps back. Also in almost every case he maintains an upright posture. He doesn't lunge with the whip, he fences with it. He is using light footwork so he can maintain his agility during the attacks. And most importantly, if you watch near the very end, he doesn't straighten his back leg, he drops down into a half-kneel.

Extreme Marksman

You're not trying to pull the whip forward, momentum will do that; you're trying to pull the whip down so it accelerates faster.

Anthony De Longis: Whip Master
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 09:26:27 PM by TheouAegis »
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #482 on: February 16, 2012, 10:54:50 PM »
OK. That stuff needs to be incorporated into a new castlevania. holy shit.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #483 on: February 17, 2012, 07:59:41 AM »
yeah that guys the man. Makes me wanna get a whip and start learnin lol

Offline omen

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
Re: Spritework Request & Showcase Thread
« Reply #484 on: February 17, 2012, 02:50:56 PM »
his leg moves too much

didn't know what that meant, so i assumed it meant the back leg moved too far back. the changes made are almost unnoticeable  but somewhat substantial.

EDIT: made the whip animation pivot off the back foot. looks like he's stepping forward. (damien-whip-edit4)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 09:16:06 PM by omen »

Offline Donoffrio

• ladadee~
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - First Place 2014-10-Halloween Sprite Contest 2nd Place Award One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #485 on: February 19, 2012, 06:23:45 AM »
 :)
Hey guys!
Been quite a while since i showcased some stuff here.. :P
Here's my Scratch made Morris Baldwin,for those interested in making a COTM remake with SOTN graphics.. ;)
Just give credit used.

Also,Juste belmont i made specifically for Serio's game(I won't show the complete ones,you can view them on Serio's board):

And here's a preview of things ive been working on,enjoy!

« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 06:29:52 AM by Donoffrio »

Offline omen

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #486 on: February 19, 2012, 07:39:41 AM »
good stuff D, very inspiring.

Offline Donoffrio

• ladadee~
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - First Place 2014-10-Halloween Sprite Contest 2nd Place Award One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #487 on: February 19, 2012, 08:12:37 AM »
Thanks omen!
Apologies for not submitting the cross pocket chain fix up though..its a lot tougher than i'd imagine.
Are you still planning to include it in your damien sheet though?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 08:19:14 AM by Donoffrio »

Offline Pemburu Vampir

• Nameless
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I can speak Engrish fluently.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #488 on: February 19, 2012, 02:11:18 PM »
Wow, that Richter whip animation looks great, Donoffrio. The only problem is its palette is too dark.

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
  • Whoa dude!what a horrible night for no beer.....
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #489 on: February 19, 2012, 03:19:56 PM »
I'd say overall very nice job on Morris Belmont. On richter very nice too. Maybe an extra animation could be needed to make his hair flopping a bit more(towards back end of attacking).The magma golem looks like a good start too. Juste seems very well done, actually the best imo. Very nicely done on him!!! He does look like like he'd fit right into serio's game. As for hector imo, i still think he needs a bit of work. I do like where your going with on him. Not sure what he's attempting to do on the ducking sprites with his hand. Also on the run sprites though they look very well designed his leg in the back almost doesn't look like it overlaps the front leg enough(gives him a skipping type of feel). On his kick aswell, he seems to need an extra frame or two from what i can tell. A frame or two that gives the bending of his knee motion towards going into his kick. Overall a very nice start to these hector sprites. Tweak some stuff and he'll look pretty stellar for sure!!!

Taking Edward Scissorhands to a whole new level!

Offline omen

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #490 on: February 19, 2012, 05:24:23 PM »
Thanks omen!
Apologies for not submitting the cross pocket chain fix up though..its a lot tougher than i'd imagine.
Are you still planning to include it in your damien sheet though?

i want to use the cross chain, but like you said, it's tough to animate properly...so i dunno. i been workin on a new whip animation, could use your input. let me see what you have so far on the cross - i'd really like to use it.

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #491 on: February 19, 2012, 08:51:08 PM »
That's looking better Omen.
The worst monsters are human.

Offline Donoffrio

• ladadee~
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #492 on: February 19, 2012, 09:59:09 PM »
Hey guys!
Here's my Scratch made Morris Baldwin,for those interested in making a COTM remake with SOTN graphics.. ;)
Just give credit used.

Also,Juste belmont i made specifically for Serio's game(I won't show the complete ones,you can view them on Serio's board):

Any more comments??  ;D

Offline Donoffrio

• ladadee~
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #493 on: February 19, 2012, 10:06:21 PM »
i want to use the cross chain, but like you said, it's tough to animate properly...so i dunno. i been workin on a new whip animation, could use your input. let me see what you have so far on the cross - i'd really like to use it.

Well,now it most certainly not looking like a julius(a bit)..
 ;)

Offline Mega Man Model T 101

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #494 on: February 19, 2012, 10:26:47 PM »
Hey guys!
Just give credit used.

Morris certainly looks good, Juste is pretty slick, Richter is using the GB Belmont, Morris whip, doesn't look too bad at all. Hector not a bad 3D to 2D sprite. And the monster, looks like it can be from anything just about.
The Legend shall live again....