Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Fan Stuff / Re: WALLACHIA: REIGN OF DRACULA
« Last post by Migami Games on November 12, 2022, 06:54:48 AM »
You can now check out the complete soundtrack 🎵 for Wallachia: Reign of Dracula by Jeffrey Montoya here on his YouTube channel!

youtu.be/EnGP0PYyDOE
Fan Stuff / Re: Super Castlevania IV OST MIDI Remaster
« Last post by quattj on November 11, 2022, 12:20:27 PM »
Bonus soundtrack added today: Super Castlevania IV (Prototype)
A protoype for Super Castlevania IV was leaked in 2020, with work-in-progress versions of tracks that would end up in the final game, plus a track that never saw the light of day.  The variations are interesting to hear, and a must-listen for any Castlevania enthusiast.

Super Castlevania IV (Prototype)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPQJMg3UVng

The full project playlist (will always work even if individual videos are updated)
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzNFPVjo8upworyQq0DXDTiCZzPP29Frw

Super Castlevania IV
https://youtu.be/r0-P66UJDzY

Super R-Type
https://youtu.be/3ApAJHJDjc4
Fan Stuff / Re: Castlevania collection
« Last post by VladOfWallachia on November 11, 2022, 05:52:56 AM »
That's an impressive collection.

I think the rarest thing I own from that collection is the Portrait of Ruin pre-order bonus pack that's shown here on the bottom shelf. I also remember buying Castlevania Chronicles on launch, and I still have it complete, while I have lost or misplaced many of my other Castlevania games over the years.
« Last post by Abnormal Freak on November 10, 2022, 01:35:58 PM »
Snazzy collection, duder.
General Castlevania Discussion / Re: What is your biggest Castlevania achievment?
« Last post by JR on November 08, 2022, 08:31:02 PM »
Apologies for the long delay and the thread necromancy, but for those of you who were interested in seeing the new display case, I have pictures posted in the collection thread, in the fan section.
« Last post by JR on November 08, 2022, 08:27:36 PM »
I meant to post pics of my new display a while back, but I haven't gotten around to it until now:

I was limited on space, so I just put my favorite and most noteworthy stuff in there. My wife painted the marquee.

I've actually been doing a lot of stuff to my basement lately. My wife is painting a Ms. Pacman design on one of our wall spaces, I got three Arcade 1up machines (Ms. Pacman, Killer Instinct, and the Street Fighter "Big Blue" machine) and a Neo Geo MVSX, and I sprung for some color changing wifi light bulbs. Lots of changes!
Hardcore Gaming 101 / Re: Videogame outside influences.
« Last post by JR on November 08, 2022, 08:08:35 PM »
The first game that sprang to mind is Final Fight. I haven't seen it yet, but Streets of Fire is said to have likely been a significant inspiration for Final Fight. Apparently the protagonist's last name is Cody, he's fighting street thugs to get a kidnapped girl back, and he's good with knives. That's about all I know so far.

Also, some of the Final Fight characters bear a passing resemblance to some figures from some Tom of Finland paintings, an artist known for his masculine homoerotic work. Most likely a coincidence, but I stumbled across this YouTube video years ago that pointed it out. Kind of a lighthearted take on the series, and I found the video kind of funny:

Also, it seems like a lot of things in the Souls games were inspired by Berserk. I think this is pretty common knowledge for Souls fans, but I always found it to be a really cool aspect of the games.
« Last post by X on November 08, 2022, 04:46:18 PM »
I did actually. I ran into that as I was searching for the ship images this morning. It did surprise me as I didn't think his life ever got that bad. But it seem like he's on the mend and I hope it lasts.
« Last post by zangetsu468 on November 08, 2022, 01:25:59 PM »
I vaguely recall this film from childhood.

Did you know about this?

Hardcore Gaming 101 / Videogame outside influences.
« Last post by X on November 08, 2022, 08:56:40 AM »
TheouAegis got me thinking about some influences in games from outside sources with his Medusa/Psycho Jenny. This one's been on my mind for several years now so I'd thought I'd share it here.

Metroid 2: Return of Samus came out in 1991. In it we see for the first time Samus' gunship, with a rather familiar design. If anyone's seen Walt Disney's Flight of the Navigator (1986) then it should click quite easily.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
anything