Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: So what will happen after DXC's release.  (Read 13527 times)

Offline jestercolony

• Slow Silence
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« on: October 14, 2007, 12:37:13 AM »
I've been kind of thinking about the release of DXC for the PSP lately. Knowing me I'll snatch it the day it comes out! :) But lately I've been thinking about my old copy of SOTN.

You see, I'm debating if I should retire the old CD by putting it some where safe so it can collect dust until the end of days or I'm finally going to be able to let my friend borrow it. I never let that game out of my sight because it's my prize position. I played the game to death so much I had to buy atleast 3-4 new copies of it and 2 game of the year editions due to my PS scratching the sob up heheh... Since SOTN is going to be on the DXC I think I might do it.

I remember back in 1997 when I was about 11/12 years old when my parents got me my first playstation for chrismas along with Final Fantasy 7 and Mortal Kombat: Mythologies. Ahh... good times, good times *sniff*.

What about you guys? What will you do with your old copy of SOTN?

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: So what will happen after DXC's release.
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2007, 01:34:47 AM »
We'll play the shit out of DXC, get bored, and argue until IGA shows off the next DS game.

Seems to happen around the same time each year.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2007, 02:20:34 AM »
I wonder how many glitches will be in this game

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2007, 02:21:07 AM »
For me Symphony for PSX and Symphony for PSP are two different games. So i'll just keep playing both of them until, i want be able to play games anymore.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline John Capricorn

• Celebrate good times, c'mon. Celebrate ...etc
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2007, 02:46:23 AM »
I've never heard of a PS1 scratching discs up and at most I'veo only had to replace one disc from playing it too much and that was SSBM after about 500 hours or so.  So... dunno what your deal is, it ain't an xbox 360 hehehh.

Offline John Capricorn

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2007, 02:48:36 AM »
this is stupid topic the whole point of it is stupid?  what am i gonna with my copy of sotn... um ill keep it or ill sell it on ebay for like $40.  yeah.  3 post user making unbeleivable claims i dont think so.

Offline jestercolony

• Slow Silence
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2007, 02:52:06 AM »
The point of the topic is for people who think SOTN is a very priced possession. The topic ain't stupid, it's just out of curiosity.

Thanks for the low blow, but it was something that I was thinking and I thought other people would of had thought the same.

Thanks for the lame reply...ktnxbye

Offline John Capricorn

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2007, 02:53:55 AM »
my comments are not low blows, your comments to the ps1 were low blows

VoDkA

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2007, 03:48:53 AM »
In Reply To #1

I'm going to keep my copy...mostly because the PSP version is going to be a different enough animal for me to label it as a "remake," in which case it will become a case of Castlevania for the NES vs. Castlevania Chronicles.    Most likely, I'll back up the ISO on my PC just in case something ever happens to the disc (and I won't be able to find a replacement copy).

Offline Azmodan

• Vampire Hunter
  • Captain Obvious :(
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2007, 08:11:15 AM »
In Reply To #1

Meh. I've two copies, the GH version which is what I play regularly, and an original black label which more or less collects dust but is in top-shape.
And yes John Capricorn, he's just divulging in his curiosity. What does his postcount have to do with anything?
« Last Edit: October 14, 2007, 08:14:34 AM by Azmodan »
---------------------------------------
The Chapel of Resonance- OST's, reviews, translations, and the latest Fan Games- any and everything Castlevania!

Offline John Capricorn

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2007, 09:03:13 AM »
It's not dude's post count that is troublesome it's that he makes the PS1 sound like it's performance is comparable to the Xbox 360.  But please, call me John, or Capricorn, or whatever.

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2007, 11:45:05 AM »
In Reply To #11

Where did he mention a 360 in his post or that a PSOne was bad? All I read was that he thinks one scratched his disk.

Offline Marto

• Kojima fan :)
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Marto's Art
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2007, 11:54:43 AM »
Are all CV fans this insulting/easily offended? Honestly, can you stop the bitching and just have a discussion once without arguing?

...silly of me, of course not.  :-X

Offline Donvermicelli

• Count of the villa
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015 -  Christmas Award 3rd Place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Bronze 2015-02-Sprite Contest Runner-Up Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2007, 11:55:48 AM »
I think this is getting a little offtopic.

Offline Ed Oscuro

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2007, 12:58:28 PM »
DXC release date:

11/13/07

Contra 4 release date:

11/13/07

Tags:

anything