Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: IGA Talks About Castlevania Future At E For All Expo  (Read 10004 times)

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
IGA Talks About Castlevania Future At E For All Expo
« on: October 20, 2007, 02:28:18 AM »
This one has been said by a person who has talked private with IGA and asked him what is next for Castlevania E For All Expo:

We were talking about what's next... It seems while most of the team is split on 1999 or something totally new... IGA stated personally.... That "there is a 300 year period that takes place between Leon's story and the events of Castlevania III..." ... "I would like to do something in that time period..."

I would really like to see what his planning for that era.

Also here is a new video interview with him from E For All Expo:http://www.gametrailers.com/player/26739.html
Ruler of Chaos

Offline angevil

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: IGA Talks About Castlevania Future At E For All Expo
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2007, 03:17:21 AM »
In Reply To #1

Thanks for the video interview, I didn`t notice it earlier. Iga didn`t say anything new..I wish he would talk more about his current projects.
Yeah, Ms.POR talked again, but not much..I didn`t actually understand what she is saying: is the new DS game about 1999 events or something new?

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2007, 03:40:27 AM »
In Reply To #2

I wish that i knew the answer to this one. Maybe the next Castlevania for the DS is going to be the 1999 game?

Well, at least that's what i can think from what Ms.Portrait said!
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Marto

• Kojima fan :)
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Marto's Art
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2007, 11:02:07 AM »
He seems very reluctant on a 2D console game. I can't say he's unfounded, but it seems like he's extremely determined to once and for all create a actually good 3-D castlevania that not only the fans can enjoy, but so will reviewers, and people in general.

The next DS game is going to be good I hope. I for some reason pray to go the anime style doesn't return, but I'm sure that it will be bitch slapping us right back into its foul appearance as it did for every other installment.

Kojima, PLEASE don't desert this project.

Offline Melanicus

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2007, 11:27:55 AM »
There's another interview with IGA at Wired:  http://blog.wired.com/games/2007/10/interview-iga-t.html

Nothing really new, but he does finally give an explanation for why the candles drop items.
"Quiet, Yoda and Obi-wan! Be MODERATE with the Force, Luke!! Or: Be STRONG with the LIGHT SIDE, but in *using it*, Luke, use the appropriate strength!!"

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2007, 12:04:55 PM »
Did the candles really need an explanation? I'm glad he didn't touch the meat, though.

Back on topic, I hope that whatever is next on the DS is something new and awesome, much like Aria of Sorrow was.

Offline angevil

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2007, 12:11:57 PM »
In Reply To #4

Can someone post comments on Iga`s blog demanding Kojima and Yamane? ;D That`s what Castlevania should be, always. I want Kojima to make at least the cover art and the main character design. Please!!!!!!

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2007, 12:16:51 PM »
Oh snap at this quote (it's IGA's response to the question, "What was the worst decision ever made in Castlevania?"

"Probably when we put out the timeline. Because since Dracula only appears every 100 years, we made the whole timeline and ran out of places to put in another game. I made the timeline, but I shouldn't have actually released it, because now it's all official. That was a bad decision."

Agreed wholeheartedly. Though really, he should just work outside the timeline every once in a while.

Offline Marto

• Vampire Hunter
    • Marto's Art
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2007, 12:43:41 PM »
In Reply To #7

Here, here, good fellow!

I agree completely. Castlevania's not Castlevania without Michiru Yamane and Ayami Kojima.

:( Dawn of Sorrow proved that for the music and art, and Portrait of Ruin did even worse in my opinion, despite having a slightly more alluring story line.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2007, 12:50:11 PM »
It's not the timeline that's the problem, but it's the whole 100-year resurrection thing that seems to be a problem. Timeline will always exist, even if you don't make official. But, when you say "Dracula can ONLY come back every 100 years", that's limiting your creativity in regards to continuity.

I DO anticipate both the 1999 game and a game that would take place between LoI and CV3. Moreso the latter, which it would be interesting to see a lack of Dracula. Dracula's always been present, even in games we thought he shouldn't have been(CoD). IGA says that, after LoI, the Belmonts don't meet Dracula until CV3, and he's brought up the idea that there were OTHER vampires that the Belmonts hunted during that time. That interests me a lot.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2007, 01:55:23 PM »
In all fairness, although the animu art style does suck, it's not as if Michiru Yamane's the only good Castlevania composer...the guy who did Circle of the Moon did a pretty good job, right right? :)

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2007, 02:38:55 PM »
CV's holy triad(IGA, Ayami and Michiru) reminds me of the days of Final Fantasy's holy triad(Sakaguchi, Amano and Uematsu).

Mirchiru's good, but DID like the composer who did a lot of the songs for PoR. He was good and it would be cool to enlist him for another CV game.

Ayami Kojima's art is beautiful. Though I have nothing against anime art, nor the art in PoR and DoS, I DO prefer Ayami's art over it. It has more of that "CV" feel to it. Especially when you look at her work, then you look at PoR's characters, which kinda don't look like they can exist in the same "world" as Ayami's characters. Particularly Jonathan, who has an almost Tetsuya Nomura-style to his look and clothing.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2007, 03:30:41 PM »
Quote from: Gunlord
the guy who did Circle of the Moon did a pretty good job, right right? :)

Kind of..

Offline Marto

• Vampire Hunter
    • Marto's Art
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2007, 05:06:59 PM »
In Reply To #13

Y'should have just flat out said "No."

The Circle of the Moon people didn't DO any music. There was rehashed upon rehashes, and they were all either really bad, or at the most decent. Nothing great or mind-boggling.

:P Just like the rest of CotM.

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2007, 06:20:46 PM »
In Reply To #14

Hey, the music that was new was quite awesome. >.>

Tags:

anything