Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: CellPhoneVania  (Read 32052 times)

Shadowserg

Re: CellPhoneVania
« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2007, 05:02:17 AM »
Please, upload it!  :D

Offline Ed Oscuro

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2007, 08:51:26 PM »
I just realized that Simon's Haunted Castle sprite is in Medusa's fight room, in the background, as a statue. He's in mid-whip :D

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2007, 09:17:58 PM »
I wonder what you're supposed to do if you're european.
I'm tempted to text "CASTLE" and send it to that number. But why on earth would that work...

:-\

EDIT:
Then again... why wouldn't it?

EDIT:
Then again... no.

:-[
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 09:23:22 PM by shelverton. »

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2007, 10:15:36 PM »
In Reply To #48

Eh, give it a shot. You never know! The worst that can happen is you waste a couple text messages and you get one back with a bunch of crap in them because the game isn't available for your phone (it happened to me!)

Operation Ravage

« Reply #49 on: September 21, 2007, 01:50:06 AM »
I'm really confused right now . . . I've got the Sprint Sanyo SCP 3100 phone, which shows up on the list on the left.  But every time I try to get the game it tells me that my phone doesn't support it.

Anybody else have this problem?

Operation Ravage

« Reply #50 on: September 22, 2007, 02:39:28 PM »
I apologize for the double post.  I just sent Konami Mobile an e-mail regarding the limited availability of Order of Shadows.  If you're a Sprint subscriber, I've asked for a list of phones that can support Order of Shadows.  I'll post the reply as soon as I get word back.

Offline ProtoBelmont

• is not a newbie
  • Hunter in Training
  • I am the voice inside your head
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: September 22, 2007, 03:21:05 PM »
That's why you can edit, if you feel bad about double posting. But that is rather weird how your phone wouldn't fit having the game...

Also, since I live in the middle of no service. I'll be having to wait till Monday to get it! yay. : P

Offline PFG9000

• No, not the gun
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Fan of all things Floyd
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #52 on: September 22, 2007, 11:00:07 PM »
My razor is easily capable of supporting java, but my retarded service provider doesn't support it in their software.  No downloadable games for me unless they're offered by the Cellcom netword directly.

Operation Ravage

« Reply #53 on: September 29, 2007, 02:57:10 PM »
Finally got word back from Konamimobile.  Looks like us Sprint folks are just SOL.

VoDkA

« Reply #54 on: September 30, 2007, 11:31:17 AM »
Has anyone actually beaten this thing yet--and gotten the good ending?

Offline Ed Oscuro

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: October 01, 2007, 01:07:23 PM »
Lately I spent some time with Contra, which was more fun in the end than I had initially thought.

I've tried Castlevania a number of times - I've beaten the game on Hard five times, using unlimited items four of those times (which makes a playthrough about 30 minutes, maybe less), and I have no idea what I might need to do. I'm thinking it's in the style of HoD where you need to have the right combination of items equipped, but there's only one slot for "equipping" things - you can put a food item, magic, or a subweapon there, and the main weapon slot should probably always have the Vampire Killer - I don't imagine killing Drac with the flame or leather whips is going to work.

What's bad is that the game threw in all those useless items which plague Igavania games; there's no reason why I should have a 12.5% or 33% health recovery item, none. The weapons are not only useless, but the descriptions have me scratching my head; the Lightning Hammer is described as "nearly indestructible" and the throwing axe is described as "able to cut through stone," although that just means it can go up through a floor. Of course, so can Desmond's head.

So I really don't know what to do, and I fear that I'd have to try killing Drac with every last item. That might not even work. After you defeat him his room is sealed off; I've tried throwing everything at that door to no avail.

There are actually not too many gaffes in the game - at least in the early version I downloaded. It's possible they have updated the game, but every time I try to check for updates to games with my phone it fails (although I can view the list to buy new ones, whee).

My major complaints with the game: terrible story and worthless cutscenes; Meteor often impacts on the ceiling above the room you're in, thus wasting your item; no invincibility time means you're juggled by enemies all the damn time; some enemy hitboxes are terrible.

There are plenty of great design decisions in the game, however, including the admittedly great keypad control scheme, automatic detection of music mode (also lacking a bug in Contra where music can go crazy or hang even after quitting the game, leaving your cell emitting a horrible long BRAAAAAAW noise), and it's a pretty ambitious game for roughly half a meg.

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: October 01, 2007, 02:07:00 PM »
In Reply To #57

Can you upload a WAV of the "Brraawwww" noise? I need a new cellphone ring.

VoDkA

« Reply #57 on: October 01, 2007, 06:45:49 PM »
In Reply To #57

I actually just developed a theory that could possibly be blown way out of the water by what you say next...

SPOILERS (maybe):

Have you tried following Dolores and Zoe back to the mansion after they lead you to the inner sanctum (where you fight Krause)?  They mention something about maybe finding stuff back at the mansion, so...perhaps that's a clue.  Also, did you happen to notice the cage/grating near the entrance to the inner sanctum (right after you fight Medusa)?  I'm wondering if maybe that isn't a path to something else...maybe this stuff opens up AFTER you fight Dracula...?  No idea.

Of course, highlight for wall of text.

Offline Ed Oscuro

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: October 01, 2007, 07:01:07 PM »
In Reply To #58

As soon as I have the 2.5mm to 3.5mm adaptor, I will look into recording a bit of sound for informative purposes. :)

In Reply To #57

I actually just developed a theory that could possibly be blown way out of the water by what you say next...

SPOILERS (maybe):

Have you tried following Dolores and Zoe back to the mansion after they lead you to the inner sanctum (where you fight Krause)?  They mention something about maybe finding stuff back at the mansion, so...perhaps that's a clue.  Also, did you happen to notice the cage/grating near the entrance to the inner sanctum (right after you fight Medusa)?  I'm wondering if maybe that isn't a path to something else...maybe this stuff opens up AFTER you fight Dracula...?  No idea.

Of course, highlight for wall of text.
Aha, a fellow traveler slogging through this business! Yes, that sounds like an idea. I guess I'd better follow your lead and black out OMG SPOILRZ:

No, the grating doesn't seem to open up after beating Dracula, but I should try following those two after that point you mentioned. This makes me realize that I've been ignoring clues in the conversations - I'll have to play through the game again to see exactly where they said that - I haven't found the text all that memorable, and I think in terms of "where is the next boss" anyhow. I'll check it out, but I don't think that is the answer.

VoDkA

« Reply #59 on: October 01, 2007, 07:19:29 PM »
In Reply To #60

Yes indeed, good sir.  I think that this game has the possibility of achieving "mediocre" status--if only I could get the blasted good ending.

Well, that's a bit harsh, and I don't find the game all that terrible for what it is (in fact, I kinda like it), but...meh.

SPOILERS!!!!exclamation point!!!!:

Pretty much the sisters drop the hint right when you find the entrance to Rohan's inner quarters (a little bit after the Medusa fight).  I, too, have a hard time remembering what exactly was said (with the exception of the admittedly creative inclusion of Rinaldo's descendant, but I've said that already).  Um...hmm.  I'm beginning to wonder if maybe the ending just isn't a segway into some sort of sequal/new build, in that case.  I really wish one of the devs would drop a hint or two...

Tags: