Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: 3DS  (Read 11319 times)

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2011, 10:29:01 AM »
I bought a DS, followed by a Lite, followed by a DSi XL; and I also bought one of the backlit SPs. :p But considering Nintendo's knack for releasing new, refined versions of their handhelds, and the ridiculous price tag of $250, I'll definitely be waiting for that price drop and newer model which will hopefully increase the battery life. I mean, by your reasoning, this first 3DS model will be looked upon as a piece of shit in a few years. "WHO PLAYS 3DS GAMES ON A FIRST MODEL 3DS ANYMORE? LOLOLOL!!!!"
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2011, 01:54:30 PM »
This naysayer isn't changing, I use an original model GBA for my GBA games, and my GB games, I still have an old brick GB for GB games, I have a DS Lite for my DS needs, and a first model PSP for my PSP needs.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2011, 02:39:09 PM »
So by your logic you WILL be buying the 3DS since you probably won't be buying the future revisions amirite? ;)

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2011, 04:52:32 PM »
+1
I'm more inclined to buy a NGP at launch than the 3DS, since it's more of a evolution than the last... the 3DS only brings the 3D, and I don't like it... oh yeah, the analog was a nice addition too. If the NGP announce a killer line up on the E3, then that what I'll buy first. But I'll get a 3DS too, just sometime later, since it's inevitable to see a Castlevania game getting announced there.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2011, 05:02:32 PM »
Sony better give that sheeit a different name upon release, because NGP will always make me think of Neo Geo Pocket.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2011, 11:00:36 PM »
+1
So by your logic you WILL be buying the 3DS since you probably won't be buying the future revisions amirite? ;)

It needs more than Puzzle Bobble to win me over, plus at that price, I can get a boatload of classic games.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2011, 10:48:25 AM »
It does seem a bit expensive , but you have to admit that developing the glasses-free 3D screen probably cost a ton of research funding. Since it's basically a supped up, portable, 3D Wii an extra 50$ doesn't seem so bad. The PSP has never been any cheaper at release time. Not to mention that as soon as they start getting traded in GameStop will have them for 200$.
"Stuff and things."

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2011, 10:55:27 AM »
It does seem a bit expensive , but you have to admit that developing the glasses-free 3D screen probably cost a ton of research funding. Since it's basically a supped up, portable, 3D Wii an extra 50$ doesn't seem so bad.

Just like those glasses-free 3D flatscreen TVs they're advertising now uh?

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Harrycombs

• Monster fan
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2011, 05:34:27 PM »
I'm more inclined to buy a NGP at launch than the 3DS, since it's more of a evolution than the last... the 3DS only brings the 3D, and I don't like it... oh yeah, the analog was a nice addition too. If the NGP announce a killer line up on the E3, then that what I'll buy first. But I'll get a 3DS too, just sometime later, since it's inevitable to see a Castlevania game getting announced there.

The 3DS doesn't just bring 3D, its significantly more powerful than the DS and the cartridges also can store a much larger amount of data.
The dream reveals the reality, which conception lags behind. That is the horror of life - the terror of art.

Franz Kafka

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2011, 05:46:29 PM »
Is the cartrage size like that of the DS? Are they somewhat smaller or are they just a little bit bigger then the DS carts in order to store all that info?

-X
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2011, 08:53:25 PM »
It does seem a bit expensive , but you have to admit that developing the glasses-free 3D screen probably cost a ton of research funding. Since it's basically a supped up, portable, 3D Wii an extra 50$ doesn't seem so bad.

Just like those glasses-free 3D flatscreen TVs they're advertising now uh?

-X

Maybe. Depends on who developed them.

I think the cartridges are smaller than DS approaching SD size even, but don't quote me on that. I could have heard about it during development and the final product might be different. Thus far they've always been smaller on the newer gen than on the previous one.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2011, 09:25:26 PM »
Makes me wish the next-gen consoles would ditch discs and just go flash memory cartridges or something. Faster, sturdier...
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2011, 10:56:20 PM »
I don't really have a problem with Disc loading now since they seem to be much faster then on the older systems. But yes, I'm very much in favor of the classic cartrage which take little to  no time at all. Unless you're playing Civilization for the SNES and that game had loadtime for whatever reason.  :P

-X

Offline Oralox

• BANNED
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2011, 10:42:05 AM »
Okay im not getting a 3ds now  :-X

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2011, 05:56:03 PM »
Makes me wish the next-gen consoles would ditch discs and just go flash memory cartridges or something. Faster, sturdier...

Hell yeah! I hate having my games get scratched.
"Stuff and things."

Tags:

anything