Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: How should Konami celebrate Castlevania's 25th anniversary?  (Read 42501 times)

Offline Nycterida

• Awards
Re: How should Konami celebrate Castlevania's 25th anniversary?
« Reply #105 on: May 06, 2011, 02:15:43 PM »
I think the perfect gift for fans would be an HD remake of Castlevania IV (a-la Super Street Fighter II Remix or Earthworm Jim), but we're not allowed to dream. :)

Offline Vampire Killer

• HOLY CROSS, Batman!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #106 on: May 06, 2011, 04:14:09 PM »
I think the perfect gift for fans would be an HD remake of Castlevania IV (a-la Super Street Fighter II Remix or Earthworm Jim), but we're not allowed to dream. :)

Only problem with that is Nintendo would probably demand it be Wii only, since CV4 has only been released on the SNES.

Screw it! I want an honest to goodness working Combat Cross, and exploding holy water (filled with holy goodness). Get on it Konami! Stat!!
Behold my true form......IS A CHAIR!!!

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #107 on: May 08, 2011, 12:47:29 PM »
Another thing we need in an anniversary package is a complete timeline.  One that's a little more detailed than just what year a game takes place.  It should include things like the exact year Lisa died, what year Alucard created the Alucard Spear, what year Ecclesia was founded, etc (and give Order of Ecclesia and exact year).  It should also make it "clear" what canonically questionable items really happened.  If it took place in an alternate universe, did it take place in a "connected" alternate reality within a consistent multiverse (like Circle of the Moon and Legacy of Darkness may have been) or a completely separate continuum (like Lords of Shadow and Legends most likely are).  Include things like novels, pachislot games, etc too. 

We got a timeline for the 20th anniversary, so its not too much to ask.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #108 on: May 08, 2011, 01:12:35 PM »
Another thing we need in an anniversary package is a complete timeline.  One that's a little more detailed than just what year a game takes place.  It should include things like the exact year Lisa died, what year Alucard created the Alucard Spear, what year Ecclesia was founded, etc (and give Order of Ecclesia and exact year).  It should also make it "clear" what canonically questionable items really happened.  If it took place in an alternate universe, did it take place in a "connected" alternate reality within a consistent multiverse (like Circle of the Moon and Legacy of Darkness may have been) or a completely separate continuum (like Lords of Shadow and Legends most likely are).  Include things like novels, pachislot games, etc too. 

We got a timeline for the 20th anniversary, so its not too much to ask.
Hell yes! :)

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #109 on: May 08, 2011, 02:36:55 PM »
Castlevania Harmony of Despair on PSN would be something my PSN friends would appreciate (PSN will surely be up within the next 2 months the latest, just in time for the 360 Harmony of Despair Anniversary in August.)

If they aren't going to continue supporting it with more chapters and characters DLC, they should make a Castlevania Harmony of Despair 2 with a more Castlevania II style adventure and open world like CVII, but still keep the characters and the 6 players online co-op.  And perhaps add 4p local co-op.      ;D

Offline Francis

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #110 on: May 09, 2011, 03:50:33 PM »
they should make a Castlevania Harmony of Despair 2
Definitely what i don't want for the anniversary  ;D

Offline Reinhart77

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #111 on: May 09, 2011, 05:06:23 PM »
they keep missing the big anniversaries with the mega crossover games.

Offline Francis

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #112 on: May 09, 2011, 05:24:46 PM »

Castlevania VS Capcom ?  :o  ;D

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #113 on: May 09, 2011, 05:27:29 PM »

Castlevania has only had internal crossovers with Konami in spin-off titles. The only crossover the series can have as its own is with Getsu Fuma Den, and that was last year.

I find it hard to think of a series that could work with Castlevania. Maybe Onimusha? That focuses on a timeline with specific years, and has one "central" villain, Nobunaga Oda.

Offline Reinhart77

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #114 on: May 09, 2011, 08:52:31 PM »
erm, i was only referring to inter-Castlevania game crossovers like Judment and HD.  well, if they were to do an inter-company vs game, i'd like to see Darkstalkers vs. Castlevania.  but not for a 25th anniversary.  

speaking of inter-property xovers though, i'm getting ready to play some Kokoro Belmont once Otomodeus Excellent comes out, should be within a month.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 08:55:56 PM by Reinhart77 »

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #115 on: May 10, 2011, 12:56:40 AM »
Castlevania VS Capcom ?  :o  ;D

I'd say a general Konami vs. Capcom. Pyramid Head and Nemesis tag team TONITE!

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #116 on: May 10, 2011, 09:01:59 AM »
As Reinhart said, a crossover shouldn't be our gift for the 25th Anniversary. No other games should share the glory when it comes to CV being 25 years old. I felt the same for Final Fantasy. I recall people saying, "Oh, it's only fitting that for the anniversary of FF that they should add KH characters into Dissidia!!!". No! No no no no....NO! Keep your KH kids out of the FF series!

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #117 on: May 11, 2011, 09:45:34 AM »
I thought a full Advent-Children-like movie about the 1999 battle and with Dracula's story and blank points (as a prologue, maybe) would be great.

Offline Reinhart77

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #118 on: May 11, 2011, 11:18:02 AM »
yeah, after those pachislot games, i wouldn't mind seeing an entire movie or miniseries done in Curse of Darkness cutscene style.

Offline Odile Kuronuma

• I'm ze man errr.... woman
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #119 on: May 11, 2011, 12:17:03 PM »
I'd like them to release all the 2D Castlevania games for the PS2. Why the PS2? Because I don't have a fucking PS3.

Tags:

anything