Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: 8-bit google map.  (Read 2629 times)

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2012, 10:57:26 AM »
I had to laugh when the were told to blow the cart if the game didn't boot up the first time  ;D That Google 8-bit thing looks awesome and to think that in Japan, the Famicom is still being supported. Unlike the rest of the world where we've moved on and never bothered to look back at what made games great in the first place.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Sumac

• Legendary Hunter
  • Logic dominates. Fools must be controlled.
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2012, 11:06:58 AM »
Unlike the rest of the world where we've moved on and never bothered to look back at what made games great in the first place.
It is not console that made great games, but developers. And there were plenty of great games outside of NES.

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2012, 09:09:16 PM »
HAHA that is awesome!

I found my house. If you zoom in to street view, it's really ugly but still funny cuz all the images are done with an NES palette. :D

And on a side note, WTF when did Google Maps go 3D? (pressed the 3D Mode button and it converted my home into an anaglyph!!)
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2012, 09:06:22 AM »
Didnt Japan stop making Famicom Consoles only recently around 2003?
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2012, 10:11:07 AM »
It is not console that made great games, but developers. And there were plenty of great games outside of NES.

I am fully aware of both these points. I do know that it was those who put the time and effort into making the games that made the games great. This was one of the main reasons why I never understood the so-called 'Console Wars' back in the 90's. And in terms of there being other great systems out there besides the NES? I'm fully aware of that too. The Sega Master system is probably the most well known as was the Atari 2600, the Commodore 64, etc.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Tags:

anything