Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Review of Anderson's Castlevania script  (Read 10364 times)

Offline Melanicus

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« on: January 04, 2008, 11:12:13 AM »
See here: http://www.iesb.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4032&Itemid=99

As horrible as it sounds, I'd like to remind everyone we've already heard that Rogue Pictures ordered a major re-write of the script. So there's still a glimmer of hope...
"Quiet, Yoda and Obi-wan! Be MODERATE with the Force, Luke!! Or: Be STRONG with the LIGHT SIDE, but in *using it*, Luke, use the appropriate strength!!"

Offline Thomas Belmont

• Legendary
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Review of Anderson's Castlevania script
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2008, 02:49:58 PM »
Man, this movie is going to suck.

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2008, 02:59:34 PM »
If the script is as bad as he says no way I'm going to see this piece of shit with "Castlevania" slapped on it. I already hardly go to the movies anymore because of the stupid high priced tickets, popcorn, drinks and having to sit through all the gay ass commercials and 35 previews that I 99% of the time care nothing about. Hell the movie theatres should be giving us a break on ticket and concession prices with all the money they're making now that they've allowed advertising before the films but no they raise the prices even more, even though the number of people going to the movies every week keeps declining. :?
_______________________________________ ______________

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2008, 03:55:34 PM »
Um. guys. Anderson's off the movie and so is his lame script.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2008, 05:26:21 PM »
The news about the Anderson review is OLDER than old. It was first released when Anderson was on board, but as of now, anything regarding Anderson's story is moot. Sylvain White and some other guy are writing the new story.

Offline Mathias Hyperion

• Vampire Hunter
  • Wanderer in time and space
    • The Forgotten Library
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2008, 05:30:06 PM »
Like Serio and DragonSlayr81 said, this is probably out of date now.

Why can it not just be an adaptation of Castlevania? That seems fairly logical: for a film named after a video game to be based on that video game. Sure, it doesn't have much of a story, but they could easily build stuff around "1691 - DRACULA RISES - SIMON BELMONT GOES INTO CASTLEVANIA - SIMON BELMONT DEFEATS DRACULA". Easily.

If Sylvain White has played the original Castlevania, then perhaps there is hope.

As has been suggested, you could then have Castlevania II (based on CV2) and III (based on CV3). They could add in bits from other games into those for storyline purposes. Maybe also a DXC movie based on Rondo and Symphony.
"These are dark times. Times without hope." - Zobek

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2008, 06:01:15 PM »
Wouldn't even need that much of a story except the setting and Dracula part. It'd be fine even if the movie was mostly made of Simon kicking monster ass. :P

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2008, 08:36:13 PM »
In Reply To #6

Well, Sylvain said he was a fan, and he met with IGA. Don't know how much that goes to say what we can expect. Ian Jeffers is the guy writing the story(with some input from Sylvain). Jeffers wrote the movie "Death Sentence". Don't really know what to expect(haven't seen the movie). Sylvain has said that he wants his movie to have an anime-esque feel to it. That can be good or bad.

Offline Thomas Belmont

• Legendary
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2008, 08:37:02 PM »
In Reply To #4

Awesome! I thought I remembered reading that. Unfortunately, this movie is still likely going to suck.

Offline Donvermicelli

• Count of the villa
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015 -  Christmas Award 3rd Place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Bronze 2015-02-Sprite Contest Runner-Up Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2008, 02:19:44 AM »
In Reply To #6

Sylvain has said that he wants his movie to have an anime-esque feel to it. That can be good or bad.

Meaning if he executes it right we have a pwnage movie worth watching and if he doesn't...Well basicly it would suck.

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2008, 08:47:26 AM »
In Reply To #10

Well anime is awesome, so i the movie is anime-esque, then it should be awesome also.
"I am the morning sun come to vanquish this horrible night!"

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2008, 11:16:39 PM »
The news about the Anderson review is OLDER than old. It was first released when Anderson was on board, but as of now, anything regarding Anderson's story is moot. Sylvain White and some other guy are writing the new story.

oh okay, I thought they let anderson back on the project or something.
_______________________________________ ______________

Offline Slayer

• The Prince of a town called Bel-Air
  • Master Hunter
  • The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2008, 12:24:08 AM »
I will not see this movie if it is based off of Anderson's script. 
----------------------------------------------
Tetris world record, set.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_3mxSPWAn4

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2008, 05:39:03 AM »
In Reply To #13

I'd see it, plainly because it has the name Castlevania on it, but I'm sure I won't like it.
"I am the morning sun come to vanquish this horrible night!"

AdrianBelmont

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2008, 03:47:58 PM »
Yeah...really don't see what could possibly be so difficult about creating an amazing film based on a game series with easily one of the richest and long-enduring storylines in the entire history of videogames..it almost seems as though you'd have to try pretty hard to screw this up, PARTICULARLY considering the rich legacy of really great vampire films that both Hollywood and foreign film companies have been producing since year one.

The clues regarding this film are almost enough to bring one to tears. Personally, I firmly believe something like a cross between Vampire Hunter D, Nosferatu (c.1922, German), and the kick-a** storyline that CV claims should do the trick...keep CGI at a minimum; they rarely seem to understand how to properly use that to their advantage in films.

Tags: