Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow DLC Detailed  (Read 50105 times)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow DLC Detailed
« Reply #60 on: February 17, 2011, 07:42:04 PM »
I figured the DLC would be delayed, not surprised at all lol

I don't think the end implied Gabriel was stronger than Satan; only that he was stronger than him when Satan when on Earth.  His bio says "However, he is not able to command his full strength while chained to the earthly plane, and thus remains weakened against Heaven's chosen."  When on Earth, I think Satan has to rely on his cunning a lot more than his brute strength, so the boss of Reverie could have more raw power than Satan does when you fight him in the game.  

oh, and i'll laugh if the boss turns out to be Walter and Gabriel captures his soul into a relic, transforming him into Dracula.

that actually sounds very plausible..

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: February 17, 2011, 07:50:31 PM »
Satan is 10000000000% weaker on the mortal plane because in LoS, the mortal plane is dominated by Deus Ex Machina.

Offline JBoc973

• Hunter in Training
  • Whip it good.
    • www.relyonhorror.com
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: February 18, 2011, 10:38:34 AM »
Here's an article I wrote about my theories on 'Reverie'. It's pretty much most of what you guys have been discussing, but tell me what you think. Sorry if it's "irrelevant" to this discussion since it may have already been mentioned.

http://www.relyonhorror.com/articles/lets-speculate-castlevania-lords-of-shadow-reverie-dlc/

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #63 on: February 18, 2011, 09:04:08 PM »
good observation on the apparent time machine and linking it to the pre-ascension portraits of the Lords of Shadow.  

i really hope that Laura doesn't die in Reverie.  i was kind of sickened by the fact that "every" character that Gabriel meets who has a name is killed by either Gabriel or someone else in this game.  the one exception was Laura.  i'd be depressed if the only reason they kept her alive was so that she could perform her role in the DLC and then get killed off.  i'm hoping for her to be elevated more to a co-protagonist status.  but yeah, given how this game has treated every other character, it's not too far-fetched to predict Laura's demise.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 07:08:13 AM by Reinhart77 »

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #64 on: February 19, 2011, 09:35:15 AM »
good observation on the apparent time machine and linking it to the pre-ascension portraits of the Lords of Shadow.  

i really hope that Laura doesn't die in Reverie.  i was kind of sickened by the fact that "every" character that Gabriel meets who has a name is killed by either Gabriel or someone else in this game.  the one exception was Laura.  i'd be depressed if the only reason they kept her alive was so that she could perform her role in the DLC and then get killed off.  i'm hoping for her to be elevated more to a co-protagonist status.  but yeah, given how this game has treated every other character, it's not too far-fetched to predict Laura's demise.
I totally agree with you, but I'm sure Laura will die, even if it's or not Gabriel's fault.

Offline Dominus

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: February 19, 2011, 11:10:38 AM »

Well. I dont think that she wants to survive, She already lost two mothers, maybe she will sacrifice herself to seal the evil

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: February 20, 2011, 01:03:02 PM »
It may sounds a bit dumb, but is the evil bad for Gabriel... or for Carmilla? The latter would include a 'good' character to fight, leading Gabriel to his evil future.

Offline Alutwon

• Grand Cross
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: February 20, 2011, 05:43:39 PM »
It may sounds a bit dumb, but is the evil bad for Gabriel... or for Carmilla? The latter would include a 'good' character to fight, leading Gabriel to his evil future.

Not dumb at all, however it may just be a greater evil than Carmilla which is why she kept it locked up.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 05:16:33 AM by Alutwon »

Offline Asgardwolf

• Lord of the Lycans
  • Vampire Hunter
  • What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #68 on: February 21, 2011, 04:44:00 AM »
Finally some news about the DLCs... The PS blog annunced the new contend on the PSN for this week a there's nothing related to Castlevania. But, I think next week will be the week when we finaly will play Reverie...

Cox's Twitter:

@CastlevaniaLOS Do you know if the the second DLC pack "Resurrection" is still on schedule for release in April at the moment? Thanks David.

@JoeSandage Yes it is on schedule.Don't foresee any delays on that!

And:

CastlevaniaLOSEditing a lil teaser for Reverie today!!

Update:

CastlevaniaLOS  Editing teaser for Reverie!! http://twitpic.com/427swk
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 06:10:10 AM by Asgardwolf »

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #69 on: February 21, 2011, 07:28:42 AM »
That's one of the cheapest title graphics I've ever seen.

Offline REmaster

• EU SUNT DRACUL!
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #70 on: February 21, 2011, 08:47:28 AM »
Finally some news about the DLCs... The PS blog annunced the new contend on the PSN for this week a there's nothing related to Castlevania. But, I think next week will be the week when we finaly will play Reverie...

Cox's Twitter:

@CastlevaniaLOS Do you know if the the second DLC pack "Resurrection" is still on schedule for release in April at the moment? Thanks David.

@JoeSandage Yes it is on schedule.Don't foresee any delays on that!

Whoa, he answered me?! I'm Joe Sandage lmao.

I signed into twitter to check for news and when I saw what he said I came over to post it...had no clue he responded to my question from yesterday though(Kind of creeped me out when I saw my full name posted in a thread lol)I guess there is hope that people might reply to you on twitter.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 08:59:18 AM by REmaster »
Oblivium Sempiternum Daemonis

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: February 21, 2011, 10:19:48 AM »
This teaser is so... short? Uh, I have no word to describe it. I was hoping for at least a little video...

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #72 on: February 21, 2011, 10:31:20 AM »
Im sure we'll see a video or something.

Offline Asgardwolf

• Lord of the Lycans
  • Vampire Hunter
  • What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #73 on: February 21, 2011, 11:31:58 AM »
This teaser is so... short? Uh, I have no word to describe it. I was hoping for at least a little video...
Obviously that's screenshot of the teaser video and not the teaser itself... >_>

That's one of the cheapest title graphics I've ever seen.
That's the last thing i'm worried about Reverie...
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 11:35:31 AM by Asgardwolf »

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #74 on: February 21, 2011, 02:06:51 PM »
Wow, that teaser image looks so...cheap. Looks like it took a good half hour or so in photoshop. :|

Tags: