Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Do you really think SCV4 is as good as everyone says? (I do)  (Read 27931 times)

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
Re: Do you really think SCV4 is as good as everyone says? (I do)
« Reply #90 on: August 24, 2013, 01:47:39 AM »
Thats what Im trying to say, since she is a newcomer maybe she worked in minor things, maybe not. But I cant prove anything, only disprove using the lack of info. But even so its a lack of info for both sides, until you mentioned this training thing.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #91 on: August 24, 2013, 01:57:30 AM »
The problem is that the official info about CV3 soundtrack is signed by KKC, without specifying which composers were at the time.
It was very common, for what I've learned. Many Megaman games by Manami Matsumae were signed as Sato.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #92 on: August 24, 2013, 02:03:26 AM »
Maybe you should wait for scans of this: http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php/topic,6488.0.html
See  PFG9000's post.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #93 on: August 24, 2013, 02:17:55 AM »
Yes, when I read this in the another thread I remembered of this discussion here, but this includes the musical team? If so its obvious that Michiru was not in it, she joined Konami in 1988, CV1 and CV2 are from 1986 and 1987.

Since I dont know if they are talking about a "whole" team I dont discarded the possibility yet.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #94 on: August 24, 2013, 02:44:31 AM »
Now I'm the same cloud of doubts as Lely.

CV3 is from 1989 I believe...
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #95 on: August 24, 2013, 02:45:34 AM »
Yes, it is from 1989.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #96 on: August 24, 2013, 02:56:35 AM »
We'll just wait for the scans then we'll see if it answers our question or give us more questions.

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #97 on: August 24, 2013, 03:43:06 AM »
Let's hope for it, but I'll be more inclined for the "more questions" option.

Offline Puwexil

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Will viciously hate any that draw his/her ire, with little provocation. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
« Reply #98 on: August 25, 2013, 03:00:22 AM »
+3
There really isn't any mystery here. Yamane's own multiple recollections of Bloodlines being her first work within the series should put a firm stop to any second-guessing, but let's just reiterate once more.

1) "Konami Kukeiha Club" was an umbrella term for composers working for Konami at the time. It wasn't a solid unit of a select few people, just a collective moniker they could use as shorthand in game credits when most people went by inscrutable pseudonyms to begin with. Yamane belonged to the group during her time as much as anyone else, but it doesn't mean everything credited to them also automatically involves her.

Incidentally, "Kukeiha Club" was a separate element within Konami's league of musicians, being an in-house live band who recorded arrangements of Konami music as well as some original material. There's often confusion between the two, for obvious reasons, and it doesn't help that there was overlap between the members of each group. Yamane wasn't part of Kukeiha Club the band, it should be noted.

2) Castlevania III isn't a game where only an intentionally vague Konami Kukeiha Club credit exists for the sound team - the composers and programmers are credited under their own names, within the game and outside of it. They are Hidenori Maezawa, Jun Funahashi, Yukie Morimoto and Yoshinori Sasaki. Maezawa, by his own account, was also one of the people responsible for creating the VRC6 chip utilized in the Japanese version of the game for enhanced sound and graphical capabilities, but he didn't work on converting the original music to the NES hardware. Since most outside sources and soundtrack notes credit the first three for composition, it would be a likely assumption that Sasaki was the person who handled the arrangement of the NES tracks, either alone or with Funahashi and/or Morimoto. In any case, this is the group of people who created the game's sound, however the particulars actually line up, and Yamane isn't one of them.

I'm not going to cite any sources. Believe with your heart~

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #99 on: August 25, 2013, 03:35:01 AM »
Thanks, this adds more light to the subject.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
Re: Do you really think SCV4 is as good as everyone says?
« Reply #100 on: August 25, 2013, 05:46:55 PM »
It really did make me feel like I was on a journey to slay Dracula.
Since 1 this was already the case.

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #101 on: August 29, 2013, 11:06:29 AM »

I'm not going to cite any sources. Believe with your heart~

Peklo! How've you been?

Good stuff there. I always wondered about the KKC when I saw it in credits of various games. That's cool that they actually have a live in house band to cut instrumental tracks when they needed them.

Tags: