Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: My CV2 Remake DEMO  (Read 22334 times)

Offline Giz

• Also Sprach Zarathustra
  • Forsaken
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: My CV2 Remake DEMO
« Reply #60 on: July 26, 2009, 08:03:37 PM »
mine does... its pixel perfect slopes Ive mentioned it before.
No it isn't. If the character "falls" at all while going down a slope and does not do it smoothly, it isn't.

-----------
If there's anything that would make me hate the classic Castlevania games, it most certainly isn't the games themselves; but rather, that ignorant fraction of their fanbase.

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #61 on: July 26, 2009, 08:18:44 PM »
In Reply To #61

yes... it is... Just not in the demo thats out. I dunno how many times I gotta say it... I. rewrote. the. stair. code. to. include. the. stair. animations. not only is it smooth up and down the slopes he plays the stair animations now. Thats the last time Im sayin it.

As for this closer look I need to take show me an example. I dont see it. Your Richter goes up the same 45 degree angle slopes as my Simon the exact same way. So whatever your thinkin yours does over mine... Im not seein it

Offline Giz

• Also Sprach Zarathustra
  • Forsaken
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: July 26, 2009, 08:33:49 PM »
-EDITED BY MODERATION-

No need to bark orders to others.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 09:04:31 PM by Jorge D. Fuentes »
-----------
If there's anything that would make me hate the classic Castlevania games, it most certainly isn't the games themselves; but rather, that ignorant fraction of their fanbase.

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: July 26, 2009, 09:02:15 PM »
In Reply To #63

theres no reason to prove the size/angle of the terrain... thats not relevant at all to CV2... which is the game Im makin. As for the smooth stairs... Youll see in the next demo. Id make a vid but the capture blows ass. The only game of any kind Ive ever been able to capture from is oblivion.

And why do I have to prove it? Your so convinced is his "perfect" have you played it? I havent seen a public demo and theres only 1 vid on the site. Everyones so convinced his is better than mine how come I havent played his? Mines in this thread for anyone that wants to try it. Sure the build is about a week old or so now but its there... publicly available

EDIT: Well like I said... the capture is ass but heres a vid. I think you can prolly tell the stair movement is smooth up and down.
http://www.mediafire.com/?yyyozovg52m
« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 09:46:06 PM by Aridale »

Offline Thaddeus

• Sensitive Iga-basher
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: August 16, 2009, 11:24:54 AM »
I'll have to check this out. Simon's Quest holds a special place in my heart. It was the first Castlevania I ever owned. Really great classic...

I'm sure you've played Dracula's Shadow. It and CastleQuest happen to be two of my favorite fan games. I've always wondered why more homebrewers don't do anything using Simon's Quest. And there are so many areas that Castlevania II could be improved upon, too...

The project looks great. Keep up the good work, and don't be discouraged by the negativity.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #65 on: December 20, 2009, 01:30:27 PM »
Indeed. You just keep on working on your project and listen only to the constructive criticism.
How's your progress coming along. I'm extra curious to see how your engine comes along as I have been picking at the original ROM for a few weeks now.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: December 20, 2009, 05:29:15 PM »
holy necro bump =D I havent actually worked on the engine in a while =/ The first mansions finished cept for... one thing... all the music and sound effects are in. Thats where I stopped. I went back and played it again yesterday after not seein it or touchin it for months... If I can find a good vid capture tool Ill get some vid of everything Ive got done so far

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: December 26, 2009, 03:25:50 PM »
FINALLY!!! Found somethin that can capture it just fine. Heres a link to the 1st vid of 4 in the playlist of a demo playthru of what I finished.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3nuqfRPfMA&feature=PlayList&p=9837A50DD1CDCD47&index=0

The quality is pretty horrible cause of youtubes conversion but its damn better than any of the captures I tried before

Offline MeSako

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: December 27, 2009, 03:02:10 PM »
I have a question.. In the intro text shown in the video in the post above, why not tell the story of WHY Simon is going after Dracula??

Looks good this far BUT:
1: Gets far to dark at night.
2: The whip stays extended for to long after an attack.
3: Have the rooms appear in centre of the screen instead of the left, looks really weird now.

Other than that.. keep up the good work :)

PS.
This after I tried the demo in the first post!
« Last Edit: December 27, 2009, 03:10:39 PM by MeSako »

Tags: