Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Low poly Richter  (Read 5532 times)

Offline Arma

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • My, currently outdated, blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« on: March 04, 2012, 05:56:36 AM »
Is not mine, I just thought it was pretty good.
Richter Belmondo by Jiggeh

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2012, 06:28:13 AM »
Looks a bit too skinny, especially the arms.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2012, 09:42:25 AM »
It looks good but the arms are too skinny, his feet are also on the small side and his face is borderline pretty boy (it lost it's masculinity that was present in the original art).
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2012, 11:13:49 AM »
For a low poly pretty good, it just needs to work on body proportion....the textures aren't too great either but passible for low poly...

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2012, 02:13:52 PM »
Now that i look at it some more I think his head is a bit on the large side.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Pemburu Vampir

• Nameless
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I can speak Engrish fluently.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2012, 04:11:22 PM »
That is an Androgynous Richter.

Offline Darth Cariss

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2012, 05:35:57 PM »
Not much I can say that hasn't been said. It's some nice work, but the arms and feet are just too small.

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2012, 06:26:51 PM »
Not much I can say that hasn't been said. It's some nice work, but the arms and feet are just too small.

indeed... definitely not too noticeable in a game setting unless some one really looks though.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2012, 10:05:46 PM »
Pretty cool. I agree with the head, arms, and feet thing, but I can't see why the textures are bad. They look fine to me.

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2012, 12:49:17 AM »
girly eyelashes.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2012, 10:19:12 AM »
Pretty cool. I agree with the head, arms, and feet thing, but I can't see why the textures are bad. They look fine to me.
I didn't say that the textures were completely bad, but could be better. They look pretty bland to me. No detail in anything. Normals and light maps would help...

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2012, 01:34:31 PM »
No detail in anything.

They have muscle contours, hair texture, folds in the clothing, etc etc etc. I don't understand; What are you expecting?

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2012, 07:08:52 PM »
They have muscle contours, hair texture, folds in the clothing, etc etc etc. I don't understand; What are you expecting?
That's probably why I mentioned the light and normal maps would bring out some additional details....but hey to each his own....never said that it was a bad model, just flawed, I am not gonna just roll over, like it, and say it's perfect because I am a rondo fan as well as a video game designer...
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 07:20:43 PM by darkmanx_429 »

Offline Corpsecrank

• XXX
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Still uttering the same nonsense.
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2012, 02:58:56 AM »
I actually like it as is I would thin out the mid section though richter was athletic if I remember right and while this mostly fits that it looks like he has a gut in a couple of the views lol. I like the lack of fine detail in the textures it makes it look more cell shaded or hand drawn than rendered.
You can find all my projects here: https://thetilepile.blogspot.com/

Offline Arma

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • My, currently outdated, blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2012, 07:58:14 AM »
I think his clothes are baggy on that part and looks like he has a belly, some pleats or a different shape would help.

Tags: