Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What game(s) have you been playing lately?  (Read 586690 times)

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: What game(s) have you been playing lately?
« Reply #90 on: June 10, 2012, 10:40:39 PM »
Anyone ever play Crystalis for NES? I started playing it again, it's so awesome. I've never beaten it, so now I'm going to

I just played it for the first time a few years ago. Excellent game.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Tavis Belmont

• Video Game Approved
  • Hunter in Training
  • Game on!
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #91 on: June 12, 2012, 12:33:40 AM »
Warriors Orochi 3, NBA 2K12, Castlevania HD, Fallout: New Vegas, and (slowly) Epic Mickey.

Edit: And, of course, Lords of Shadow. Just trying to beat it.
Defeating evil: Apparently easy.
Defeating the Lord of Darkness with a whip and some water: Damn.
"I'm a Belmont. That's my job."

Offline Tavis Belmont

• Video Game Approved
  • Hunter in Training
  • Game on!
    • Awards
« Reply #92 on: June 12, 2012, 12:39:15 AM »
If you can get past its super cutesy demeanor, Mega Man Powered Up is friggin' amazing. As good as MHX is, Powered Up does a lot more stuff that's different from the source material.

YES! Proto Strike! I loved the voices and personalities of the Robot Masters. Amazing game with a ton of replayability!
Defeating evil: Apparently easy.
Defeating the Lord of Darkness with a whip and some water: Damn.
"I'm a Belmont. That's my job."

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #93 on: June 12, 2012, 02:20:43 AM »
Just started Assassin's Creed: Revelations. Ugh. I really wanted to see where the storyline went on this one, but I don't think I gave myself enough time since playing Brotherhood. Having a hard time staying interested.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #94 on: June 12, 2012, 06:26:19 AM »
+1
Get the DLC pack. "The Disappearance of DaVinci".
That has a neat story thing.
By the way, if you want what's truly at the end of Revelation, you have to watch the "Assassin's Creed: Embers" short movie.

It shows the final events of Ezio's life.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline squaretex

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #95 on: June 12, 2012, 09:52:57 AM »
For a long time I have been hopelessly hooked on that confounded WoW, with a few helpings of handheld Metroid and Castlevania on the sides.

Then Blizzard had the Diablo 3 open beta stress test, and I enjoyed it.

THEN Runic had THEIR Torchlight 2 open beta...and I was flat-out BOWLED OVER.

Not trying to start a war here, but IMHO D3 has a very strong competitor there, with some of the old Diablo blood (AND musician Matt Uelmen) behind the development! :D

So as I wait impatiently for T2 to release and my preorder to activate, I've been enjoying the first Torchlight all over again. :)

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #96 on: June 12, 2012, 02:36:05 PM »
+1
For a long time I have been hopelessly hooked on that confounded WoW, with a few helpings of handheld Metroid and Castlevania on the sides.

Then Blizzard had the Diablo 3 open beta stress test, and I enjoyed it.

THEN Runic had THEIR Torchlight 2 open beta...and I was flat-out BOWLED OVER.

Not trying to start a war here, but IMHO D3 has a very strong competitor there, with some of the old Diablo blood (AND musician Matt Uelmen) behind the development! :D

So as I wait impatiently for T2 to release and my preorder to activate, I've been enjoying the first Torchlight all over again. :)

My SO swears by Torchlight, I'd really like to preorder but not sure that my increasingly ancient PC could do either the first or part 2 justice, just depends on how well it's optimized. What I can and can't run well is a bit erratic. I should have a bit of money in a few weeks, maybe invest in a better fan and graphics card.
EDIT: Pic related
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 02:51:40 PM by Ratty »

Offline squaretex

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #97 on: June 12, 2012, 04:25:22 PM »
My SO swears by Torchlight, I'd really like to preorder but not sure that my increasingly ancient PC could do either the first or part 2 justice, just depends on how well it's optimized. What I can and can't run well is a bit erratic. I should have a bit of money in a few weeks, maybe invest in a better fan and graphics card.

Much like WoW, Runic made Torchlight to work across a wide spectrum of systems, even going as far as integrating a netbook mode (no sure if TL2 will have that yet). It works quite well on my '07 desktop running Linux and Wine, and runs...eh, adequately on my old clunker of an '05 XP laptop.

Take the T1 demo for a spin and see if it gets you. :)

EDIT: Pic related
(click to show/hide)
I LOVE it. :D

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Games that you have currently beaten/completed
« Reply #98 on: June 13, 2012, 01:15:48 AM »
Simple what games have you beaten or are in the process of beating

For me I have beaten

Onimusha warlords
Legend of zelda ocarina of time 3D
Castlevania Bloodlines
and super mario 3d land.

Well what about you guys/girls now?  :)
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #99 on: June 13, 2012, 03:00:23 PM »
I'm not sure if that pic is for or anti AMD (I use ATI which is technically AMD, right?).
EDIT:

This is what I'm playing today, teehee.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #100 on: June 14, 2012, 01:24:22 AM »
I'm not sure if that pic is for or anti AMD (I use ATI which is technically AMD, right?).
EDIT:

This is what I'm playing today, teehee.

edit: Now I see it, good choice of CV title.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
« Reply #101 on: June 16, 2012, 02:04:58 PM »
EDIT:
(click to show/hide)

Big TV  :o
(click to show/hide)

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
Re: Games that you have currently beaten/completed
« Reply #102 on: June 17, 2012, 08:41:40 PM »
What you mean like ever? I think it's just that that would be a very long list for some people. Those of us who haven't beaten as many games would probably feel less experienced, and those who have beaten the most would probably feel like they were bragging. Still, a good place to keep track of this sort of thing is http://www.backloggery.com/ if you're interested.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Games that you have currently beaten/completed recently
« Reply #103 on: June 18, 2012, 12:02:20 AM »
What you mean like ever? I think it's just that that would be a very long list for some people. Those of us who haven't beaten as many games would probably feel less experienced, and those who have beaten the most would probably feel like they were bragging. Still, a good place to keep track of this sort of thing is http://www.backloggery.com/ if you're interested.

No. Games that one might have recently beaten like those four game I beat were very recent like in a months time not games over time like years. For instance I feel like I might beat Tales of vesperia real soon in a week or so then I'll post it here.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
Re: Games that you have currently beaten/completed
« Reply #104 on: June 18, 2012, 01:52:09 AM »
I recently got all 70 achievements in Resident Evil 5. You have no idea how hard I cheered when I finally completed the game.
I recently beat (again) the campaign of Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City.
I beat the story mode to Dynasty Warriors 7, also.
Right now I'm working on getting the last two achievements I need for Dynasty Warriors 6.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Tags:

anything