Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Terminator Salvation trailer  (Read 10454 times)

Offline Alexc2808

• JerkofWonder
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Terminator Salvation trailer
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2008, 05:15:45 PM »
In Reply To #15
Wow, you are super tough.  How long'd it take to get that super badass net tude?

And you're wrong, it's not opinion at all really.  It is called "Terminator" it is in the Terminator canon, IE it is Terminator, no matter what you think.
I am Jerkofwonder.

Offline MDI

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2008, 08:06:52 PM »
The fact that Bale is involved gives me a really good vibe.
Plus I like the new style. It's more desperate-war-against-hordes-of-machines instead of running away from one ridiculously powerful cyborg (T-X was utterly pointless, T-1000 was the shit).

Yeah, I'm glad they are actually moving on with the series ya know? When Terminator 3 came out, it was like...

ok,

Same old shit..

Arnold is the defender, he is with John Connor and a female (in this case, Katherine).

There is one all-powerful cyborg that Arnold supposedly cannot defeat.

There is a car chase scene.

Yada yada yada...

The fans asked for the same thing as T2, they asked for Arnold, and they fucking got it!! And what happens? Everyone complains about T3 sucking, so can we please move on?

The new Terminator Trilogy will be about the end of the world, and the human race's fight against the humans.

If you don't like change, and new ideas...then watch T2 and T3 over and over again.
:)

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2008, 11:53:56 PM »
In Reply To #15
Wow, you are super tough.
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2008, 12:43:02 AM »
In Reply To #17

Yes, you're right in that meaning, and yet, if Terminator 4 won't include an invincible Terminator trying to destroy John Connor... It would be a whole new movie, as similar to the first movies like Matrix: Revolutions was related to the first 2 Matrix movies. Revolutions was hated by many matrix fans as it concentrated on Zion and the battle to protect it, while the first movies were totally different, concentrating on the virtual world, the Matrix itself.
So you see, Terminator is an action movie. It's an action sci-fi movie, but on it's main focus, it's an action movie.
If 4 is going to concentrate on the science fiction more than on the action, it's not gonna be Terminator, you see?
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline MDI

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2008, 01:29:17 PM »
In Reply To #17

Yes, you're right in that meaning, and yet, if Terminator 4 won't include an invincible Terminator trying to destroy John Connor... It would be a whole new movie, as similar to the first movies like Matrix: Revolutions was related to the first 2 Matrix movies. Revolutions was hated by many matrix fans as it concentrated on Zion and the battle to protect it, while the first movies were totally different, concentrating on the virtual world, the Matrix itself.
So you see, Terminator is an action movie. It's an action sci-fi movie, but on it's main focus, it's an action movie.
If 4 is going to concentrate on the science fiction more than on the action, it's not gonna be Terminator, you see?

This is a good point...makes me think..

Because I actually loved Matrix 1, and hated 2-3! Hmmm....

You just blew my mind! Hahaha

Offline Alexc2808

• JerkofWonder
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2008, 02:26:14 PM »
Terminator 4 is clearly an action movie though.  Did you watch the trailer?
I am Jerkofwonder.

Offline MDI

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2008, 02:28:45 PM »
In Reply To #21

Yah. I think maybe he is saying it won't be the same type of action film as the movies that had Arnold. I dunno.

Offline Evil_Kitty

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2008, 05:23:42 PM »
Corret me if I wrong but isn't the only eason that Arnold is cyborgish is because you need organic material to travel time? So wouldn't the robots in the future just be barebones?

Offline Oralox

• BANNED
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2008, 06:59:41 PM »
I know a lot of you say Terminator can't be complete without arnold but deal with it and now we have a cast for the t-800.
Anyone fimiliar with See arnold run's young arnold?

News here

http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/07/18/terminator-4-john-conner-and-t-600-first-look-t-800-casting/

Offline MDI

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2008, 09:40:40 PM »
In Reply To #23

So very true. Unless they wanted to infiltrate the human resistance.

Offline Slayer

• The Prince of a town called Bel-Air
  • Master Hunter
  • The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2008, 10:15:02 PM »
I don't know about you guys, but I really liked T3, and this comes from the same guy who loved the first two movies.  While I won't say that it was just as good as the other two, I will say that if this new movie is just as good as T3, I will be satisfied.
And the idea that you need Arnie for a good Terminator movie is pretty ridiculous...
----------------------------------------------
Tetris world record, set.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_3mxSPWAn4

Offline MDI

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2008, 02:13:15 AM »
In Reply To #26

I totally agree..I am aware that T3 is generally hated, but hey..I liked it.

But I also liked the Sarah Connor Chronicles...which..*gasp* had no Arnold! It actually just focused on John Conner..aka THE MAIN CHARACTER!  :D

And jeez...I just went on youtube and posted a comment on the Salvation trailer, and I kid you not..within seconds two people replied and started crying and bitching because I said that Arnold doesn't need to be in the movies.
Wow...

Its like a bunch of people crying that Jack Nicholson didn't reprise his role as The Joker..

Seriously...

Damn...

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2008, 04:12:50 AM »
In Reply To #23

Not all of them. Just the one used for infiltration.

But I don't get why Skynet doesn't use the meaty ones on the battlefield too. It would probably confuse the hell out of humans, giving the machines an advantage.

Then again, Skynet doesn't seem too smart to begin with. Why not use hordes of T-1000s against humans? They would be pretty much unstoppable.

Offline Blue Cheese

• SO DAMNED GOOD
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2008, 11:20:39 PM »
In Reply To #27

Some people can't grasp that the whole story isn't just what we've seen in the three movies. The whole point of those was to STOP John from growing up to be this epic leader in the future. Well, in T3 we learn that it's gonna hapen either way so there is a LOT of time to fill between SkyNet's rise, John's becoming the last hope of all humanity, and the machines saying "Fuck, this isn't working. Let's try time travel now..."

it's like saying it's not a Cv game unless Simon's in it.

Offline MDI

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2008, 01:11:19 PM »
In Reply To #29

Word

Tags: