Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What game(s) have you been playing lately?  (Read 591646 times)

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Re: What game(s) have you been playing lately?
« Reply #210 on: August 09, 2012, 08:39:12 AM »
+1
I'm playing Secret of Mana on my iPad, one of my favorite games of all time, but I just keep thinking,Seiken Densetsu 3 would also be awesome on my iPad, why the hell hasn't Squenix rereleased this game or brought it out of Japan yet? And then I remembered its not Final Fantasy...
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #211 on: August 09, 2012, 09:07:47 AM »
Not only that but I'm pretty sure the guy who was the driving force for the series over at Squeenix has left the company. So yeah Squeenix being what they are it might be a well and truely dead series, which could be for the best.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #212 on: August 09, 2012, 09:14:58 AM »
I never played that Dawn of Mana, but but just the description of it being an action RPG where your character basically starts from scratch in every stage was so distasteful to me that I never made any effort to try to play it. They should really think about releasing SD3 as a download game at least. It really was the last great Mana game. Everything else that came after was a pale imitation or out-of-genre side-garbage.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #213 on: August 09, 2012, 09:30:38 AM »
I'm playing old SNES Actraiser! :D :D :D

Because of that, I whipped this up:

Opening - Title Screen - Actraiser

Funny, at times it reminds me of the old 6 o'clock news music.  Something like ABC World News.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #214 on: August 12, 2012, 10:02:09 PM »
After ninty-nine hours I can say that I have beaten DARK SOULS  8)

The road was difficult but I did it.

Next back to vesperia this time full concretration....

I'm coming Riiiiiitttaaa!!!!!
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #215 on: August 12, 2012, 11:23:25 PM »
Akumajou Densetsu... because of the new title screen & a few other things I'm doing to the translation patch.

"Stuff and things."

Offline Grimlock78

• A hunters' associate
  • Hunter in Training
  • I've faced better odds:Have at you!
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #216 on: August 16, 2012, 11:38:15 AM »
I've been playing CV: Rondo of blood and SMG 2 finally got 100% percent on both recently,plan to get the new CastleVania lords of shadow on 3DS eshop 
“Why be the player when you can be a boss at the end of the stage?... because the player is better....”

Offline Grimlock78

• A hunters' associate
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #217 on: August 16, 2012, 01:41:07 PM »
Ever tried to play two games at once :-\
“Why be the player when you can be a boss at the end of the stage?... because the player is better....”

Offline Ratty

• Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #218 on: August 21, 2012, 04:48:58 PM »
Trying to beat the original Super Mario Bros. on NES for the first time in my life. It's  probably the first video game I remember playing so I guess it's a little odd that I've never had the drive to beat it. Got past the first 4 zones yesterday using warps to get to whatever my last one was when I died. I figure that's what they're there for, especially since the original NES version of the game has 0 continues, and as long as I have completed every zone in one playthrough or another I can consider the game beaten.

Offline Grimlock78

• A hunters' associate
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #219 on: August 21, 2012, 08:27:14 PM »
The closest i've gotten is world 8-1 without the warp zone

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #220 on: August 21, 2012, 11:56:10 PM »
Sleeping Dogs... You should play it too. Like right now

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #221 on: August 22, 2012, 12:06:26 AM »
Playing a lot of Dragon's Dogma. Fun times.

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #222 on: August 22, 2012, 07:03:51 AM »
New Super Mario Bros. 2 on the 3DS.
What a pretty pretty game this is.

However, it is prettier looking on my friend's 3DS-XL.

Fun fun game, but the music is only a slightly arranged variation of the tunes from the previous NSMB (and maybe some NSMBWii?).  It would've been nice if they worked up some new tunes, but I guess I'm spoiled by Super Mario Galaxy's (and 2's) awesome score.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Ratty

• Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
    • Awards
« Reply #223 on: August 24, 2012, 12:23:58 AM »
Been playing "Final Fantasy Adventure" for the original gameboy and it's a great 8bit RPG so far. If the quality on the series kept up I can see why Mana is so well regarded. Just beat Mr. Lee and was delighted to see this obviously Castlevania inspired boss in the game. A Vampire/Manbat who attacks by teleporting around the room and opening his cape to attack with projectiles, who you face after finishing his Halloween themed dungeon and getting a chainwhip. Was really easy though since the fireball spell followed him. Still a lot of fun.

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #224 on: August 24, 2012, 07:33:45 AM »
FFA and FFL are some of my fav gb games. FFL I really liked. Wasted a shit load of double a's on that game...

Tags:

anything