Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What game(s) have you been playing lately?  (Read 586952 times)

Offline Laina

• F.A.N.G. stands for “fucking awful, not great”, babe - me to UZO on SFV
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • 大丈夫だよ!
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace. Seeks to keep games/fandoms free of any changes they deem Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
Re: What game(s) have you been playing lately?
« Reply #375 on: January 09, 2013, 04:07:08 PM »
How good is that game? I've been thinking about buying the Chronicles HD Collection since I very much enjoyed The Darkside Chronicles, but I'd like some opinions about the first game. :3

I can say with full confidence that I think you'll enjoy it if you enjoyed Darkside Chronicles. I actually prefer it to DC, but DC is still a damn fine game IMO. The weapons toggling system is better on UC I believe-was just faster, easier, more intuitive for me- and I just REALLY love RE0, the REmake & 3. Also has a pretty rad "raid the secret Russian arctic Umbrella base!" level just for this game. Oh, and I love the little Wesker back story sections (his behind the scenes stuff with Birkin in RE0, getting out of the abandoned training facility to be with the Alpha team on July 24th, how he was resurrected in the mansion, his fight to get out)
Groove is in the heart.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #376 on: January 09, 2013, 07:24:38 PM »
I know Umbrella Chronicles has WAY more scenarios than Darkside does, but Darkside is apparently longer and is more cinematic rather than arcade-like.

Anyway, I plan to get the game. Them Wesker backstories and the HUNK mission? That is an instant yes. :3
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline Sumac

• Legendary Hunter
  • Logic dominates. Fools must be controlled.
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #377 on: January 10, 2013, 08:15:03 AM »
You seem to be having quite a binge with Touhou fangames, are there any MegaTen-styled ones?
Erm...What is "Mega-Ten"?

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #378 on: January 10, 2013, 09:46:24 AM »
Megami Tensei, often said to be one of the hardest J-RPG franchises and also well-known for its demon recruiting and fusing mechanic. The publisher themselves, Atlus, while in a context that may be not so relevant, have said that they "get off on your tears."
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 09:49:25 AM by VladCT »
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Sumac

• Legendary Hunter
  • Logic dominates. Fools must be controlled.
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #379 on: January 10, 2013, 09:52:50 AM »
Megami Tensei
I have heard of this series, but never saw or played in them, so I can't say, if there are Touhou fangames styled after "Mega-Ten".

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #380 on: January 10, 2013, 06:14:43 PM »
+1
You know, I've been wanting to get Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne. It truly does have one of the coolest renditions of Dante ever.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #381 on: January 10, 2013, 06:30:36 PM »
Make sure to grab the Maniax edition then, the regular edition doesn't have Dante or the True Demon Ending.
One thing I have to note about Dante is that he doesn't have Pierce, making him nigh-useless against the TDE final boss.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
« Reply #382 on: January 10, 2013, 06:42:34 PM »
My brother got me a five in one God of War game with a controller for Christmas so I'm playing those for the first time.

Offline Laina

• RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • 大丈夫だよ!
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace. Seeks to keep games/fandoms free of any changes they deem Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #383 on: January 10, 2013, 06:53:23 PM »
Bound & determined to make CVIII the first 8-bit NES title I officially beat. Playing it again for the first time in about 5 years, all I can say is...kindly go die in a ditch, Dullahan.
Groove is in the heart.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #384 on: January 11, 2013, 10:28:16 AM »
I have started final fantasy 9. This is the second time that i'm playing through it. FF9 FF7, are the only one's that i have played only once from start to end. Maybe when i'll finish FF9, i'll give a second round on FF7. I'm also playing dungeon siege throne of agony.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #385 on: January 11, 2013, 12:52:43 PM »
+1
Still messin' around with Nintendoland. Got Little Inferno. That's an odd little game with a really surreal atmosphere. Got the demos of Rayman Legends, Sonic & Sega All-stars Racing: Transformed, and ZombiU. Rayman is a decent platformer with impressive graphics. The characters are a bit too similar though. *Sonic Kart 2* is pretty neat and I love the Panzer Dragoon & Golden Axe tracks. The difficulty is a little stiff. I hope they'll have special tracks where you can pick a single vehicle form to play with. The boat mechanics REALLY remind me of Hydro Thunder and that's one of my favorite racing games of all time. I'm getting ZombiU for sure. I love the kill-your-previous-self mechanic. The game is also creepy as fuck. Not all zombie games capture the horror of a zombie apocalypse well.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #386 on: January 11, 2013, 05:06:23 PM »
+1
I have started final fantasy 9. This is the second time that i'm playing through it. FF9 FF7, are the only one's that i have played only once from start to end. Maybe when i'll finish FF9, i'll give a second round on FF7. I'm also playing dungeon siege throne of agony.

I loved 9, couldn't stand 7 though.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #387 on: January 11, 2013, 08:15:02 PM »
Make sure to grab the Maniax edition then, the regular edition doesn't have Dante or the True Demon Ending.
One thing I have to note about Dante is that he doesn't have Pierce, making him nigh-useless against the TDE final boss.

The one I found in the store only has the Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne title on it. No Maniax or anything. I thought that was that Maniax version was the only one released in the US for that particular game.

Well, thank you for letting me know to not depend on Dante too much.

Offline TheCruelAngel

• Sportin' Boxes since 1998
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #388 on: January 11, 2013, 10:47:42 PM »
According to wiki (and my recollection of working at Gamestop when the game came out originally) the US version has Dante in it, sporting his look from DMC2. My personal favorite look for Dante, even if the game isn't that great...the game being DMC2 not SMT: Nocturne. Which reminds me, I should add that title to my list of titles to look out for...

Offline Laina

• RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • 大丈夫だよ!
    • Awards
« Reply #389 on: January 11, 2013, 10:56:10 PM »
I loved 9, couldn't stand 7 though.

Vice versa for me.
Groove is in the heart.

Tags:

anything