Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What game(s) have you been playing lately?  (Read 587346 times)

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: What game(s) have you been playing lately?
« Reply #750 on: December 01, 2013, 01:36:00 AM »
too late to the party with Lego LoTR. smash all the legos.....  :D

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #751 on: December 01, 2013, 07:59:25 PM »
too late to the party with Lego LoTR. smash all the legos.....  :D

I always hear those are fun but I've never played one. I got one of the Star Wars ones for Gamecube but don't want to play it, afraid anything associated with the prequels may be so bad as to turn me off the idea lol.

As for what I've been playing. I got pretty far in my replay of Twilight Princess (right before the Sky Temple) but decided to put it on hold for my first playthrough of the original Zelda, and maybe Zelda 2. Just beat the 3rd dungeon in Zelda 1.

Offline Gecko

• King for 1,000 Years on Occasion Avenue
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #752 on: December 01, 2013, 10:30:47 PM »
Missile Command for the Atari 2600. With a trak ball controller. It's pretty much amazing.  ;D
------------
Return to CastleVania

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #753 on: December 02, 2013, 12:07:59 AM »
I always hear those are fun but I've never played one. I got one of the Star Wars ones for Gamecube but don't want to play it, afraid anything associated with the prequels may be so bad as to turn me off the idea lol.

I don't know about the other Lego games since the one I mentioned is my first Lego game. So far, it is faithful to the LoTR movie trilogy but with extra playable lego characters like Tom Bombadil, Gilgalad, Fatty Bolger, etc.
The most fun I have is with the exploration aspect of the game. It is just that I'm playing it on the 3ds and the ps3 version have much more cutscenes, items, characters and hidden areas for exploration based on what I see online.

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #754 on: December 02, 2013, 07:19:57 AM »
League of Legends
Beat Megaman 4, almost beat Megaman 5
-----
Split/Second
Need for Speed: Carbon

Play these back to back and you'll get a hard crash course in Rubber-banding AI, Carbon doesn't have it, S/S has ridiculous amounts

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #755 on: December 02, 2013, 03:48:43 PM »
Marvel Super Heroes arcade, cheesing Thanos with Iron Man. Hell Dr Doom gave me more headaches than this guy did (and Doom is the second to last guy while Thanos is last).

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #756 on: December 02, 2013, 06:10:53 PM »
Just started playing Deadpool for PS3. The comedy is pretty good!

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Ratty

• Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #757 on: December 05, 2013, 09:53:35 AM »
I don't know about the other Lego games since the one I mentioned is my first Lego game. So far, it is faithful to the LoTR movie trilogy but with extra playable lego characters like Tom Bombadil, Gilgalad, Fatty Bolger, etc.
The most fun I have is with the exploration aspect of the game. It is just that I'm playing it on the 3ds and the ps3 version have much more cutscenes, items, characters and hidden areas for exploration based on what I see online.

Maybe you could try the PC version? I'm sure that'll have the missing content.

I beat Zelda 1 and got near the end of Zelda 2 but actually climbing the path to the final temple seems more like a test of attrition than any kind of actual skill, just play till you get lucky. I lost interest at that point, at least for the time being.

I got the last freeware version of Xpadder* so now I'm finally able to play all those games in my steam library that have been gathering virtual dust due to my not having a compatible controller. As a result I'm now playing the parody RPG "Breath of Death VI: The Beginning"  pretty funny so far. All of the characters are undead. The main character being a silent protagonist owing to the fact that he's a skeleton without a tongue, though we hear his inner monologue and so can psychic party members. Was pleased to see a Castlevania joke reference within the first 5 minutes of play. "Troll Chief: What is an undead man? A miserable little pile of secrets! ...and bones!" "DEM: ... (Enough talk, have at you!)"

*For those who may not know Xpadder is a program that allows pretty much any controller to emulate a keyboard/mouse, with you choosing what buttons to map the keys to. So it's perfect for things like platformers and RPGs that only support certain controllers or don't support controllers at all. Continuous support and free upgrades to the newest version of Xpadder is $10 but it's the holidays and money is tight. Version 5.3 works well enough for me for now, I'd have tried it sooner if I'd known there had even been a freeware version.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 10:07:46 AM by Ratty »

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #758 on: December 05, 2013, 10:15:35 AM »
Ive been usin xpadder for *years* and mention it everytime someone brings up usin a controller on pc. Its good to see someone else talkin about how good it is for a change lol

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #759 on: December 06, 2013, 01:25:59 AM »
Duke Nukem Forever. I don't know why I started it, and I sure as hell couldn't tell you why I'm still playing it. This game is not fun at all.

Started playing Rusty tonight, too. Now this is more like it! Feels pretty tedious sometimes, but the graphics and music are excellent. Just finding what the next stage is like is motivation enough to keep trying.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 03:36:45 AM by JR »
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #760 on: December 06, 2013, 02:09:52 AM »
I have beat lost month Tales of Xillia and now i'm playing FFXIII-2.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline son_the_vampire

• Chilly Lemonade
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I see you over there.. Yeah you
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #761 on: December 06, 2013, 12:20:42 PM »
Found my Dead to Rights (PS2) mixed in with a bunch of random crap. What a great game. I love the Dog. Let's get a revival for this franchise lol
Twitch.tv/TrippyLemonss

Offline Ratty

• Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
    • Awards
« Reply #762 on: December 10, 2013, 07:45:46 PM »
My girl gifted me Volgarr the Viking since it was on sale on steam. All I can say is wow, if you guys are looking for a game to challenge you look no further. It's like Ghosts'N Goblins and Chakan the Foreverman had a baby. Really dig the visuals. And the protagonist reminds me of The Lost Vikings, though that was a totally different kind of game.

Just look at this Retro Genesis Style Manual that came with it. So beautiful.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 07:49:54 PM by Ratty »

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #763 on: December 12, 2013, 11:45:51 AM »
I've decided to start the persona games, starting with the first on the psp. While not impresive graphics, story ang combat mechanics are really nice and the music very nice.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #764 on: December 12, 2013, 01:36:51 PM »
Playing Megaman X8 on PC, It's still good after all these years, I wonder if they "Fixed" X7 for PC

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Tags:

anything