Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What game(s) have you been playing lately?  (Read 586820 times)

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: What game(s) have you been playing lately?
« Reply #780 on: December 23, 2013, 06:06:05 PM »
Finally got around to loading up some games on my PS2's HDD and I'm trying out a bunch of Horror games I never got to play. Haunting Ground, Fatal Frame 3, Clock Tower 3, and going to go back and play Silent Hill Origins on a big screen since I only played it on PSP before.

Man, I really really wish the PS2 HDD were more widespread than it actually was.

I've played all of those games on and off. Clock Tower 3 made me get lost, and I had to stop Haunting Ground because I couldn't take the dog crying when I got separated from him.

Lone Wolf

« Reply #781 on: December 24, 2013, 08:43:52 AM »
Hello, guys. First of all, wish you all a Happy Christmas here. And btw, i don't wanna get too offtopic here, so.. :P
Anyway, these last days i've been actually playing Super Nintendo games, like Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past and Super Mario World(don't judge me :x).
I'm also planning to play Half Life 1 and World of Warcraft once again(because for me a computer's nothing without these two :X lol).
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 08:45:58 AM by NuMetalWolf »

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #782 on: December 24, 2013, 10:46:53 AM »
Picked up Threads of Fate and Alundra, and for Christmas' sake, The Grinch!

Threads of Fate has surprisingly very good Graphics with the low-poly technique

Alundra is pretty awesome

I played the Grinch before, I loved it as a kid, now It's okay, but I'm playing with the Nostalgia Goggles

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #783 on: January 10, 2014, 11:51:46 PM »
Picked up Threads of Fate and Alundra, and for Christmas' sake, The Grinch!

Threads of Fate has surprisingly very good Graphics with the low-poly technique

Alundra is pretty awesome

I played the Grinch before, I loved it as a kid, now It's okay, but I'm playing with the Nostalgia Goggles

Had Alundra for years but never played it. Always meant to play Landstalker (the Genesis game that Alundra is a spiritual successor to) first but I want to replace the battery that's with my copy first... oi.

Been playing Ys 1 since I got the whole series that's on steam during the sale. It's great so far.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #784 on: January 11, 2014, 11:26:39 AM »
I've been playing breath of fire 4 for pc not emulation either I got the disc for 2 bucks what a steal, Lunar sliver star story complete for the ps1 and I will say this, I hate and I mean Absolutely HATE the psp version, it was very off putting to me. Parasite eve, Wild arms really surprised me since I dislike the third which (I really do not want to I really like Virgina  :-* ) and the other characters but WA1 reminds me so much of a SNES Rpg I can't hate it and speaking of SNES I've also been playing illusion of Gaia good stuff and I beat Ys three not too long ago but I do have one question about Ys. Which girl would Adol settle down with it seems that in every game there is a girl that has it for him in 1&2 it's Feena,Reah(iirc not too sure), and the redhead, Ys3 had Elena and for the love of god I'll never understand why he did not want to stay with her if it were me either Reah or Elena would be my choice just saying if I was Adol  :P But most of the time I'm a Dogi  :'(
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #785 on: January 11, 2014, 03:55:58 PM »
wild arms 1 for me is the intro theme. I still listen to it all the time. Infact I just played it in the car for my gf not even an hour ago!

Offline Ratty

• Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #786 on: January 11, 2014, 07:57:59 PM »
Wild ARMs 1 did have a good opening theme. I played about 7 hours of that but lost interest. Guess I'll get around to playing it properly one of these days.

Beat Ys 1, great game except for the bosses. Like that final boss had to be at least 50% luck, I hate that kind of lazyness.

Offline Belmont legacy

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #787 on: January 12, 2014, 12:23:47 AM »
The 'hardcoded to 24-fps' is an assumption.  Citation needed (but it seems to be for the gameplay/voiceacting reasons I mentioned).
The game doesn't require a wiimote (it's not a motion game).  On the Wii I play it with a Wiimote with a Classic Controller.  On the Wii Emulator I... still use that, since the emulator uses your bluetooth adapter (if you have one) to sync to a wii remote (if you have one).  However, you can configure a 'virtual' game controller' and a 'virtual classic controller' so it's very possible to play this by faking the system with an emulated wiimote/classicontroller setup.

I've always been curious about the NG games besides the nes ones. I remember getting to the very last level if ninja gaiden one then getting the game over screen the laughing at myself and the game because of its difficulty. XD but it's still classic! I always got my butt KICKED when it can't to the DMC series. And I mean owned, hard. Couldn't even beat the first game lmao! But I will say I am a BEAST at god of war. Beat the first 2 with no problem (and beat the challenge of the gods thing in the first game) only played a little of 3 but liked it a lot.
By My Hands...The Belmont Clan Will Be Avenged...

Offline Belmont legacy

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #788 on: January 12, 2014, 12:25:39 AM »
I actually started dishonored last night (actually a tad difficult because I'm trying to be a perfectionist and not kill/alert anyone.) and today I started Castlevania portrait of ruin. :D

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #789 on: January 12, 2014, 03:12:15 PM »
wild arms 1 for me is the intro theme. I still listen to it all the time. Infact I just played it in the car for my gf not even an hour ago!

Wild ARMs 1 did have a good opening theme. I played about 7 hours of that but lost interest. Guess I'll get around to playing it properly one of these days.

Beat Ys 1, great game except for the bosses. Like that final boss had to be at least 50% luck, I hate that kind of lazyness.

Wild Arms 1 - Introduction Theme

VS

Wild ARMs 3 ~ "Intro v01"

This is that one time when the dub of a song BLOWS the original out of the water.

It's though but 3 wins it for me I love it that's why I don't want to hate WA3.

Also

Wild ARMs 3 outro

Okay WA3 kills it for me this song in particular has infact made me teary at points.   :'(
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #790 on: January 12, 2014, 04:26:52 PM »

Enjoying that game so far, but yeah, I don't like the boss fights either. Just beat the first one and it was a pretty awfully designed fight.

Also been playing Maverick Hunter X for PSP lately. Gotta say, I didn't really care for the Mega Man series, but I'm really enjoying the X series.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #791 on: January 12, 2014, 06:55:54 PM »
Metal Gear Rising was a really good port for PC, been playing the hell out of it, why?
Nanomachines, son

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Belmont legacy

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #792 on: January 14, 2014, 01:39:30 AM »
Just got done playing portrait of ruin for the night and I gotta say I really like it and it's actually pretty challenging. :p

Offline kraidstar

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #793 on: January 15, 2014, 01:11:03 AM »
been playing
dark souls - best game since symphony of the night (or at least demons souls)
binding of isaac+dlc - very cool rogue-like game, plays like the NES zelda dungeons, but very violent and with dark humor
toki tori - hard but fun puzzle game
VVVVVV - cool platformer
hotline miami - awesome atmosphere, fast arcade action
valdis story - decent metroidvania game
team fortress 2 - fantastic multiplayer FPS
rise of the triad remake - very fun, but terrible performance, took me hours of tweaking to get the framerate under control. some poeple have no problems, others can barely play the game with high-end systems. a real shame.
stronghold - fun strategy game
black mesa - half-life remake using source engine, awesome

Offline Ratty

• Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
    • Awards
« Reply #794 on: January 21, 2014, 05:51:13 AM »
Beat Ys II Chronicles+. Great game, much bigger than the first one. At least in the Chronicles+ package though they feel like 2 halves of the same game. Which is nice since they're both really short compared to the average jRPG. The bump combat is fun and very fast once you get used to it, at least if you're using a controller analog stick like me. (Thanks xpadder! Best freeware program ever, wish I had the money to support the dev with the paid version though.) Charming and surprisingly funny and endearing games, if you like jRPGs you should definitely check them out next time there's a steam sale, or even full price.

Tags:

anything