Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: I can't believe it's not Castlevania music  (Read 118949 times)

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: I can't believe it's not Castlevania music
« Reply #150 on: April 08, 2012, 11:48:33 AM »
This topic is timeless for another good reasons:  New games/bands/groups may come out with music that has that same Castlevania flavor.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #151 on: April 08, 2012, 01:16:17 PM »

This goes without saying. Guess who composed it? It's veeeery obvious:

OZ/The Sword of Etheria Original Soundtrack - Overcoming Sadness ~Beginning the Journey~

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #152 on: April 09, 2012, 02:47:25 AM »
This goes without saying. Guess who composed it? It's veeeery obvious:

OZ/The Sword of Etheria Original Soundtrack - Overcoming Sadness ~Beginning the Journey~

I have the game and i really like the music.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline VGuyver

• Haunted by Typo's
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Haunted by Typo's
    • Awards
« Reply #153 on: April 19, 2012, 11:28:28 AM »
While some developers used special chips in their NES/Famicom games (Sunsoft and Konami in particular) I doubt that the songs from Bloodrayne Betrayal could be recreated through real NES hardware. They're much too complex. I've heard that even the songs from Mega Man 9 and 10 would sound slightly different/simplified had they been on a real NES.

I believe it can be done, though you'd need a co processor chip in the cartridge. A good example is the Double Dragon II NES game. It had a chip inside that essentially made the game a 16bit. That should be be enough power to process those chiptunes.

Also of special note, while making that particular Bloodrayne soundtrack, they were in fact using Sotn music as a stand in. Our buddy, Jake Kaufman himself is a Castlevania fan who was a tester for the game. Jake convinced the staff to give him a shot at making a soundtrack Castlevania style, and pulled it off pretty damn well.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #154 on: April 23, 2012, 10:01:26 AM »
I believe it can be done, though you'd need a co processor chip in the cartridge. A good example is the Double Dragon II NES game. It had a chip inside that essentially made the game a 16bit. That should be be enough power to process those chiptunes.

Also of special note, while making that particular Bloodrayne soundtrack, they were in fact using Sotn music as a stand in. Our buddy, Jake Kaufman himself is a Castlevania fan who was a tester for the game. Jake convinced the staff to give him a shot at making a soundtrack Castlevania style, and pulled it off pretty damn well.
thats pretty neat. It WAS fairly obvious they wanted more to do a Castlevania than a Bloodrayne game.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #155 on: May 07, 2012, 02:20:06 AM »
You know, these two tracks have led me to believe that OZ served as Yamane's transition between LoI and CoD:
OZ/The Sword of Etheria Original Soundtrack - Magnificent Battle
OZ Sword of Etheria-Versus OZ
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #156 on: May 08, 2012, 12:34:25 PM »
Not exactly from a game, but i find it so awesome and creepy. Also it reminds me Bram Stoker's Dracula game from super nes and genesis.

Fate/Stay Night OST All Evils of the World
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #158 on: May 31, 2012, 03:53:10 AM »
While Jorge had mentioned Fillmore from ActRaiser a while back, he didn't actually link to the music itself, so I'll do the honors, including the arrange from our beloved admin:
ActRaiser Music: Filmore - Stage 1
Fillmore - Fillmoa - Act 1 - Actraiser
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Omegasigma

• Director
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #159 on: May 31, 2012, 12:23:14 PM »
ive said this before: could be dirct to AoS's floating gardens, of CV AoS was SNES that is
The Adventures of Batman and Robin SNES - Fowl Play

New super mario Bros Castle Orch:
Fortune Street Music - Bowser's Castle

Megaman Legends, Juno battle one, the one previewsly posted is juno battle 2, the actual OST doesnt have this song:
Rockman Dash OST - Bureaucratic Model-Juno
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 12:27:03 PM by Omegasigma »
Currently Involved in: Vampire blood Chronicals, Project Goldeneye

Offline cmdood

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #161 on: July 08, 2012, 04:08:00 AM »
Skullgirls Music: Grand Cathedral Stage
Skullgirls Music: The Skullgirl vs Bloody Marie
...Yeah, by now you'd notice I'd take any excuse to bump this thread. :P
Also, is it just me or am I hearing familiar notes? :-X
^^

Offline Omegasigma

• Director
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #162 on: July 11, 2012, 10:50:35 AM »
This song would fit into Lords of Shadow as a great boss tune in my opionion:

06 "Sorrow" Resident Evil Darkside Symphony
Currently Involved in: Vampire blood Chronicals, Project Goldeneye

Offline Johnny Alucard

• Vampire Hunter
  • Shanoa x Monica OTP
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #163 on: July 12, 2012, 11:32:02 AM »
Here's something no doubt few are familiar with: It's a shmup for the DSiWare library that thematically is Aria of Sorrow meets Gradius. You can hear the Castlevania influence in the first stage music here:

G.Gシリーズ DARK SPIRITS (ジージーシリーズ ダークスピリッツ)

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #164 on: July 12, 2012, 11:44:53 AM »
Also, is it just me or am I hearing familiar notes? :-X

Not sure if serious...

Tags: