Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Favorite Castlevania song EXCLUDING the following:  (Read 32418 times)

Offline Phoenix7786

• Legendary Hunter
  • Neg on that, Chummer
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
Re: Favorite Castlevania song EXCLUDING the following:
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2012, 02:52:58 AM »
At least to me its one of the more epic moments in CV and at same time one of the more well balanced fights VS a human enemy (I didnt played any of the 3D games until the end, only played 1 hour more or less, also I didnt played OOE until the end).
 If they did all bosses and enemies with a AI so good it will be wonderful.

*SPOILER ALERTS REGARDING ARIA OF SORROW*

Honestly "epic" gets tossed around so much it's lost its meaning, and has even been bastardized into a meme (epic [insert word]), but the Julius fight truly is one of the most epic Castlevania moments, and for so many reasons. I know some of my friends strongly disliked the pale-skinned, white-haired, glowing, effeminate-looking Belmonts and Belmont-clones, and to them Julius was a return to the ass-kicking Belmonts they grew up with, especially since Julius has such an epic soundtrack to accompany him.

From a boss perspective, I completely agree with you and honest-to-God put Julius as the best example of fighting an awesome "human" boss. There are no transformations, no minions, and no frustrating, tedious, boring, repetitive pattern to memorize. Julius on the other hand is an in-your-face, back-and-forth slugfest, and a damn exciting one at that. And, JUST when you think you've got Julius by the balls, he breaks out Grand Cross in the most epic manner since Richter, and starts using sub-weapons. And no matter how many times you face him, he's still fun. Go fight Galamoth on SotN or that giant Centaur from OoE, then compare them to the Julius fight and you'll know what I mean.

And from a lore perspective, this was another epic moment. Aria had such a delicious twist about YOU the player being Dracula, even though Soma is trying to resist that influence. Not only are players still digesting the knowledge that they are playing as the series' primary villain, they come face-to-face with a Belmont. All throughout the series we've been cheering them on, and in any other circumstance we'd be cracking our neck in preparation for the final battle. Instead, we--"Dracula"--are now facing a Belmont--the usual hero--except we';re not controlling the "good guy". To go even further with the lore, this is (as far as I understand) the first time that "Dracula" has ever won a main fight against the Belmonts, although Julius and Soma both point out that Julius was holding back.
12/1/12: Nominated for my 1st award! Thanks to all :D

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2012, 03:27:12 AM »
*SPOILER ALERTS REGARDING ARIA OF SORROW*

Honestly "epic" gets tossed around so much it's lost its meaning, and has even been bastardized into a meme (epic [insert word]), but the Julius fight truly is one of the most epic Castlevania moments, and for so many reasons. I know some of my friends strongly disliked the pale-skinned, white-haired, glowing, effeminate-looking Belmonts and Belmont-clones, and to them Julius was a return to the ass-kicking Belmonts they grew up with, especially since Julius has such an epic soundtrack to accompany him.

From a boss perspective, I completely agree with you and honest-to-God put Julius as the best example of fighting an awesome "human" boss. There are no transformations, no minions, and no frustrating, tedious, boring, repetitive pattern to memorize. Julius on the other hand is an in-your-face, back-and-forth slugfest, and a damn exciting one at that. And, JUST when you think you've got Julius by the balls, he breaks out Grand Cross in the most epic manner since Richter, and starts using sub-weapons. And no matter how many times you face him, he's still fun. Go fight Galamoth on SotN or that giant Centaur from OoE, then compare them to the Julius fight and you'll know what I mean.

And from a lore perspective, this was another epic moment. Aria had such a delicious twist about YOU the player being Dracula, even though Soma is trying to resist that influence. Not only are players still digesting the knowledge that they are playing as the series' primary villain, they come face-to-face with a Belmont. All throughout the series we've been cheering them on, and in any other circumstance we'd be cracking our neck in preparation for the final battle. Instead, we--"Dracula"--are now facing a Belmont--the usual hero--except we';re not controlling the "good guy". To go even further with the lore, this is (as far as I understand) the first time that "Dracula" has ever won a main fight against the Belmonts, although Julius and Soma both point out that Julius was holding back.
Yeah, you pointed all things that I liked about that, I didnt use the word "epic" for little things, for them I use "good" or "awesome" :)
 Also seeing he "teleporting" is very impressive the first time that you see that, you think that you  are winning and them he start to shoot all these subs in you lol
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
Offline Phoenix7786

• Legendary Hunter
  • Neg on that, Chummer
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2012, 03:19:23 PM »
Playing OoE again on my DS I realized how fitting the beginning theme for Dracula's castle is. Since I believe the plot leading up to the song is important, I'm going to list in spoilers with the song outside of the spoiler.

The song
Castlevania Order of Ecclesia - An Empty Tome

The spoilers why I like it so much.

(click to show/hide)
12/1/12: Nominated for my 1st award! Thanks to all :D

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2012, 04:10:44 PM »
 I played it in a emulator, its the only DS CV that I didnt finished yet (Damn Giant Skeleton in Prison entrance) but I read the spoilers anyway, I already know things (like barlowe and albus, thats my fault since I choose to play CV Fighter instead of wait until I beat the game) that Im not suposed to knows anyway lol
 I like this music too. It fits well the opening too, since its like a tome/book empty, only waiting to be written with the game story.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2012, 12:19:48 AM »
+1
 Welcome to this forum Shanoa.
 I think that my favorites are Bloodlines (and Opposing Bloodlines too, also the mix of the two when you battle Whip's Memory), Wicked Child, Heart of Fire, Poison Mind, Dance of Illusions and Nocturne. Since I like the majority of classic musics Im only choosing random ones that pops in my mind.

Nocturne - Castlevania Symphony of the Night OST

My first Castlevania game are Dracula X for SNES, but since its the japanese version I didnt know the name of the game, also Richter doesnt turn in water when dies, he turns in blood. Years later I played SOTN and felt like if I have seen this blue guy before, only after that I remembered where I've seen Richter lol

Since Dracula X is hard and in the time it irritated me easily my mom exchanged this game for another one, that same thing happened before with my Super Bros. 8 cartridge for NES, I've searched without remembering the correct name of this hack for years and only the ROM found it again 2 years ago.

Now I look to the past and realizes how stupid I have been, I exchanged some SNES games for PSX games too, I really regret that, I will stop talking random things about me now, because remembering my past only makes me more sad.

When I play SOTN and hear the music I can sense the love of the creators, the love that they put in this game, some of the new games lack this, atleast I cant sense the same thing, the same feeling.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 12:39:58 AM by Lelygax »
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2012, 09:41:45 AM »
My first Castlevania game are Dracula X for SNES, but since its the japanese version I didnt know the name of the game

[North America] Castlevania: Dracula X

[Japan] Akumajō Dracula XX

[Europe] Vampire's Kiss
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2012, 11:43:51 AM »
Thanks, but I meant in the time that I played it as a kid. :)
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2012, 06:06:04 PM »
Oops! my bad.  ;D
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Dominus

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2012, 06:25:57 PM »
I really like Dusk Holy Mark/An Empty Tome. And Trezire de Spirit

There's also one that I don't remember how it was called, I think it was a Clocktower song but I dont remember in which game it was

I know it's on the list but I really love RoB and CJ Bloody Tears

(click to show/hide)

Yeah, this

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 06:29:00 PM by Dominus »

Offline Highwind Dragoon

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania.
    • Awards
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 10:35:24 PM by Highwind Dragoon »

Offline Green Stranger

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2012, 10:23:42 PM »
Chandeliers from Super Castlevania 4.

It's a shame it was never featured  again, and if it has please tell me.

Super Nintendo - Castlevania 4 - Chandeliers

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: September 29, 2012, 04:29:24 AM »
+1
Where that "Fourth Struggle" play in CV64? It music is very cool ;D
The beginning of "Chandeliers" makes me remember Top Gear for SNES lol
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Highwind Dragoon

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania.
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: September 29, 2012, 08:28:25 AM »
(click to show/hide)

Tags:

anything