Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Evil Dead TV show starring Bruce Campbell, 10 episodes on Starz in 2015  (Read 5438 times)

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
Titled "Ash vs. Evil Dead", the old gang behind the movies are coming back to produce, with Bruce Campbell starring and Sam Raimi is directing the first episode of the series. Don't take my word for it. Here it is straight from the chisel-chinned horses mouth https://twitter.com/GroovyBruce/status/531925992651358208

If you don't understand why this is a big deal drop what you're doing and go watch 1992's "Army of Darkness" right now.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
Re: Evil Dead TV show starring Bruce Campbell, 10 episodes on Starz in 2015
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2014, 05:45:31 AM »
I just hope Sam Raimi is writing the entire series and that he's doing so with his brother Ivan. It really won't be a proper followup to Army of Darkness without the two of them writing together, and bringing in other writers would be lame in my book unless it's a collaboration with Sam.

Whatever happens, don't let Bruce Campbell pen anything. Have any of you seen Man with the Screaming Brain?

There's a lot of ways this could be screwed up, but I'm incredibly excited for good things.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 05:47:14 AM by Abnormal Freak »
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2014, 08:56:40 AM »
I hope Campbell hits the gym or at least make Ash a salty character like in Gran Torino.

I hope this doesn't bomb. Remember Nightmare on Elm Street or Friday the 13th the series?

I loved him in My Name is Bruce.

The New Evil Dead movie was totally fantastic.

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2014, 10:01:46 AM »
yeah Im tentatively excited for this. Army of Darkness is one of my fav movies of all time. I used to watch it daily no joke on an old vhs version. I dont have very high hopes for this succeeding but Starz is pretty awesome as far as lettin ppl do their thing from what Ive seen so maybe. I guess we'll find out. I know its spose to be set in the current time after Ash comes back in the normal ending of Army of Darkness. I dunno really how they plan to do it with Bruce as old as he is... Maybe theyll bring in some new side kicky main chars to help spread things out

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2014, 10:59:47 PM »
I only have one word for this... Groovy.
"Stuff and things."

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2014, 04:24:09 AM »
On a side note did anyone ever see that new Till Dusk Till Dawn TV Series?

That movie was also terrific!

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2014, 10:39:17 AM »
I did. Watched the whole first season. It was a more indepth retelling of the movie with some stuff changed here and there and supposedly it was closer to the idea of how the movie was suppose to end but some things were changed. Overall I give it a 'meh' but it was entertaining enough. Id give a 2nd season a shot if they make one

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2014, 10:57:18 AM »
I did. Watched the whole first season. It was a more indepth retelling of the movie with some stuff changed here and there and supposedly it was closer to the idea of how the movie was suppose to end but some things were changed. Overall I give it a 'meh' but it was entertaining enough. Id give a 2nd season a shot if they make one

hmmm.ok I guess it's worth check out then. Is it ultra violent like the movie with all the swearing and such, or is more like a made for tv thing?

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2014, 11:02:12 PM »
its pretty much everything the movie had minus what bit of nudity there was. And the whole "pussy pussy pussy" speech. That chars not the same

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2014, 02:09:16 PM »
If done right, this could be fun. :)  Oh great, now I have 'Join Us' from the Evil Dead musical in my head (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYxzgUIfGME, 33mins in).
"Blood is Family. Blood is Power. Blood is Everything"

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2014, 09:06:23 PM »
What ending they will follow? The futuristic apocalypse one?
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2014, 08:47:53 AM »
Unfortunately, despite the director's cut ending fitting better in the grand scheme of things, it appears they've gone with the theatrical cut ending, the one more people are familiar with. From what I know of the story, Ash has been sitting around for a couple decades, avoiding responsibility of the deadites until a mass of them really start terrorizing people and he kicks into hero mode.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2014, 09:22:41 AM »
Unfortunately, despite the director's cut ending fitting better in the grand scheme of things, it appears they've gone with the theatrical cut ending, the one more people are familiar with. From what I know of the story, Ash has been sitting around for a couple decades, avoiding responsibility of the deadites until a mass of them really start terrorizing people and he kicks into hero mode.

I never cared for the Mad Max-style director's cut ending. It clashes too much with the tone of the rest of the film. I'm sure that was partly the intention of Raimi and company but it feels out of place and takes away from the overall enjoyment of the movie. I like the over-the-top theatrical ending better.

I mean I understand with 1 and 2 they were being subversive, Ash didn't even look like he was going to be the "designated hero" in 1 until the blond guy turns into a jerk. And 2 just continued the tradition of him being the square-jawed all American hero who does everything right but still gets screwed in the end. But Army of Darkness is a totally different genre and it doesn't work.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 09:26:32 AM by Ratty »

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2014, 03:12:49 PM »
Please, try to explain it more to me, because I dont know which of the endings are the director cut version, here in Brazil they only broadcasted this futuristiv ending from when he uses more drops than he should. I remember that Ratty and Ab had shown another ending to me in a old thread, that occured in a kind of store.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2014, 03:38:32 PM »
The one where Ash wakes in a post-apocalyptic future is the original director's cut ending; the S-Mart one where he wakes up in the present time is the theatrical cut ending and is what the TV series presumably follows.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Tags:

anything