Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Attack on Titan (The anime)  (Read 2994 times)

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« on: November 15, 2014, 01:58:33 PM »
Is possibly the most epic anime I've ever seen. It's addictive, character development is great, story is brilliant and the art is beautiful. I've not seen anything like it for a long time.

After watching the 25 episodes, I have only one complaint, which is hardly even a complaint...
Plot development is slow as ****. Perhaps I'm just too used to watching short series. I was a bit disappointed that after 25 episodes the series uncovers hardly anything at all about the mystery of the titans.

That being said, I am absolutely amazed by how the plot keeps you on your toes the entire time.
(click to show/hide)
Also, militaristic themes are spot-on. Really captures the emotions involved in being a part of a military unit, in the most realistic way. Series really makes me want to put on my military uniform again.  ;D

Ugh, forget the last sentence.  :-X
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2014, 09:09:53 PM »
Series really makes me want to put on my military uniform again.  ;D

Ugh, forget the last sentence.  :-X

No, do it and show us in the CVDF photo thread plz :P
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2014, 09:59:45 PM »
+1
It is still unfinished (the manga it is based on) that is why the anime plot is slower than those anime whose mangas are already finished.
There is a sequel in the works so wait for it.

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2014, 11:55:22 PM »
I've never seen it and honestly have no interest in seeing it. Not to sound like one of "those guys" but most new Anime doesn't impress me. I liked Stiens Gate and Fate Zero but besides that I can't get into the new stuff. Not saying it isn't good but just saying I have a hard time trying to watch the newer stuff.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2014, 12:10:38 AM »
GuyStarwind, I've watched Steins Gate too (You should search for it OVA, movie and IBM ONA, this series is one of my favs) and while I didnt watch almost all animes like I did before, Shingeki no Kyojin was cool to watch but is kinda slow at the beggining. You should give it a try, if you are affraid that its more one of these animes to stupid kids you are wrong. xD

Its about normal humans fighting to survive against titans, they are like giant zombies in a way, since they eat people and doesnt talk, also they are dumb. This series have some mysteries too, since some things that are important aren't explained in the first season.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2014, 06:08:20 AM »
They are like giant zombies in a way, since they eat people and don't talk, also they are dumb.

Yeah, that's how I would describe the series. An apocalyptic universe with tech level of the early modern age, where instead of Zombies humanity has to fight giant brainless creatures that are super hard to kill.

Also, one complaint about the series are the physics.  I couldn't help but be bothered by how the characters keep falling from heights of dozens of meters, and ramming into building with incredible speeds, and then just get up and go on fighting as if nothing happened.  :P
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2014, 06:18:39 AM »
Also, one complaint about the series are the physics.  I couldn't help but be bothered by how the characters keep falling from heights of dozens of meters, and ramming into building with incredible speeds, and then just get up and go on fighting as if nothing happened.  :P

We cant have everything can we? Atleast it isnt like in these old Spider-man cartoons were he could grapple in thin air with his webs haha :P
I think that if it gets too realistic then everyone would die too fast.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2014, 08:05:58 PM »
@Lelygax: ahahahaha!  :D
Yeah, always be willing to suspend reality when watching/reading those genres.

Tags:

anything