Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Blogspot/Blogger %@&#ing sucks  (Read 2575 times)

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« on: October 11, 2012, 07:43:33 AM »
Over the last week I'd made updates to one of my posts on my blog. I would click the UPDATE button so it'd save my work every 8 or so hours. I know for a FACT I updated my post last night. I woke up this morning and clicked update to save my post before I shutdown my computer. Error. I realized my wifi router dropped my connection, so I repaired the connection. I pressed CTRL+A then CTRL+C to copy what I'd typed up in case it disappeared when I hit the REFRESH button. Sure enough, Blogspot deleted what I had typed last night. So I pressed CTRL+A then CTRL+V to paste what I had copied.

IT NEVER FUCKING COPIED!!!!

I scrolled down through the post, and not only had it deleted everything I typed up last night, IT DELETED EVERYTHING I HAD TYPED UP THIS WEEKEND TOO!!!!

FUCK YOU BLOGSPOT! YOUR SITE IS PURE SHIT!
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2012, 07:53:54 AM »
This is why I always rightclick+copy before I post long messages. Saving it to a word program as well if it's a really long message. This has bit me in the ass once or twice when I accidentally hit "delete" or something instead of copy, though usually a quick "undo" fixes it.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2012, 09:39:17 AM »
This is why I always rightclick+copy before I post long messages. Saving it to a word program as well if it's a really long message.

I remember doing this when writing a really long post a couple of years ago. It's very handy at saving you work and effort. Given the nature of digital writing you can never be too careful now.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2012, 04:27:46 PM »
But it fucking said "Saved!" and booted me out of my post every time I clicked the "UPDATE" button, so there was no reason for me to expect it to delete a week's worth of updates.

And for those familiar with Blogger/Blogspot: No, I did not click Revert To Draft. I made that mistake once before. My post was still an actual post this morning, never reverted to Draft.
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2012, 03:29:24 AM »
Yeah, I've heard a lot of bad things about blogspot too. It's annoying for commenters as well. X_X

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2012, 02:39:12 PM »
Ever try tumblr? I've got one but I never use it for actual posting. Mostly just look at 19th/early 20th century photography and vintage Halloween art with it.

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2012, 06:33:36 AM »
This is why I always rightclick+copy before I post long messages. Saving it to a word program as well if it's a really long message. This has bit me in the ass once or twice when I accidentally hit "delete" or something instead of copy, though usually a quick "undo" fixes it.

That, plus my laptop has a tendency of restarting sometimes without any apparent reason or warning. One moment I'm typing stuff, the next all my programs shut down automatically. It's like the laptop is telling me, hey man, I really feel like screwing you over right now, how about that?  >:(
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2012, 07:08:27 AM »
Your laptop likes to restart abruptly? Have you tried checking that out?
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Highwind Dragoon

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2012, 08:12:23 AM »
My laptop went BSOD several times when I was on youtube.  >:(

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2012, 09:53:36 AM »
That, plus my laptop has a tendency of restarting sometimes without any apparent reason or warning. One moment I'm typing stuff, the next all my programs shut down automatically. It's like the laptop is telling me, hey man, I really feel like screwing you over right now, how about that?  >:(

Sounds like a conflicting issue due to programs. It could also be a virus or in the worst case scenario, your laptop is showing it's age. Laptops are known for not lasting all that long which is why I prefer to use a desktop PC. If I were you I'd take VladCT's advice and get it checked out.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Tags: