Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: My CVA Remake Ill prolly never finish...  (Read 5495 times)

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« on: June 20, 2009, 10:37:35 AM »
Heres a vid of my CVA engine I started a few months back. I dunno if Ill ever finish it but Id consider lettin someone use the engine as a base if they wanted to. I didnt show him dyin in this but its in there. The semi wonky lookin jumpin on the rope is cause of the controller input in GM6 not the game itself. It works perfectly with the keyboard. And yes I know I suck at my own game...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24zpe2SGrTs

Offline RichterB

• Returnee
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
Re: My CVA Remake Ill prolly never finish...
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2009, 12:48:38 PM »
This is really cool. It's fun to see "lesser" Castlevania games get an updated treatment. I've always respected The Castlevania Adventure, and this is a good start for an update. 

The pace is not as sluggish, which is nice, but it's not overly fast either, which is an important choice. I like the way you put depth into the eyeball rolling areas by having them be cut-outs of a mountain or cave. I wish there would have been some graveyard stuff, but I understand this is a rough build.

Just a thought for the future if you play around with this some more: That part near the end where there's lots of platforming in a row (and usually bats are present), you might make those "floating blocks" into pillars, with the tops being the only part that are solid. Lastly, I like the whip swinging animation. Cool stuff. Thanks for sharing.

It makes me wish Konami would remake Castlevania Adventure and Belmont's Revenge in this style, and add some additional levels to each.

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2009, 02:43:22 PM »
My idea was to remake both CVAs as 1 game. Have a lvl from CVA1 and then a castle from CVA2. I thought thatd be kinda a cool way to do it.

I think I originally had the pillars like you said but I changed it back cause it clashed or didnt look right or somethin. I cant exactly remember. And the graveyard stuff... yeah... I wanted to put those in but that was one of the biggest stoppin points for me to keep workin on it... lack of those graphics in any way so I could make those areas

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2009, 04:05:40 PM »
This is really awesome, I hope to see more
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2009, 09:33:40 AM »
Some new screenshots... backgrounds... yay!

Hmm thats odd... That first pic has trees you pass behind in the foreground... not in the screenshot tho thats really weird.

EDIT: Like this here...
« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 09:38:16 AM by Aridale »

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2009, 11:56:43 AM »
Definitely cool. Though it looked like he was humping the rope.

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2009, 12:10:32 PM »
In Reply To #6

hey =P I had to make the climbin sprites mself from what I had available... =D Im lucky its not a stickman

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2009, 06:07:34 AM »
Maaaan.. You need to finish this, then make Belmont's Revenge in the same fashion. This looks awesome.
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2009, 11:35:51 AM »
In Reply To #7

Haha, yea, I know... making sprites can't be easy, I'm just commenting on what needed to be commented on  ;D

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2009, 02:49:09 PM »
thatd be kinda funny tho... everythin look normal til you touch a rope then you turn into a poorly drawn stick man

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2009, 01:40:55 AM »
In Reply To #5

wow dude, that looks amazing. Lovin' the Halloween feel.
_______________________________________ ______________

Tags:

anything