Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Kara, a PS3 Tech Demo (2012)  (Read 7384 times)

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« on: September 11, 2013, 05:36:17 PM »
Kara : a PS3 new technology

Someone else find it to be amazing? Im not even talking about the graphics, but the animation and story. I thought about posting it in Off-topic, but its running in a PS3 after all and is a tech demo.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2013, 10:44:43 PM »
I saw it some months ago, it is amazing. I kept wishing it was a real game instead of a tech demo.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2013, 11:33:04 PM »
Me too, its so deep.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2013, 12:13:58 AM »
Maybe the developer who published it is making some game. Do you know who did it?
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2013, 12:49:20 AM »
"Quantic Dream, the development studio behind titles like Heavy Rain, has showcased the new technology, entitled 'Kara'."

At least thats what the description says, we're lucky that they included this info :)
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2013, 01:12:12 AM »
I didn't play Heavy Rain. Is it true that it is a QTE fest?

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2013, 09:00:14 AM »
Good question, I dont even know this game.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2013, 10:21:04 AM »
The tech demos always look like they would make better game material than half the games that later come out.

Same goes for the PS4 and The Dark Sorcerer. (the comedy bit aside)
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2013, 10:34:56 AM »
It's clearly in the vain Issac Asimov's works of a singular mass-produced robot gaining sentience, and then is regarded as a defective product because of their discovered individuality. If that robot wishes to live, let them, and not let corporate matters interfere. Time itself will be the judge if they are true to their desire of life and freedom. If we were living in such a society, the this game would definitely raise strong questions about what it means to create a 'living machine' whom suddenly, out of the blue, acquires free will.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2013, 10:34:18 PM »
Did anyone play Heavy Reain? Is it really all QTE's and nothing else?

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2013, 09:54:04 AM »
I played it. It's more than QTEs, but yes - you will press buttons in a specific order a lot. Dunno how the Move-version is though. Heavy Rain was a very special game for me, I liked it a lot. The QTEs are not as distracting as they are in other games IMO. I liked the story, the characters, the setting.. It was definitely worth playing. I choose to look at this game as a cinematic "point & click" kind-of adventure game but with different controls. The game is not for everyone though..

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2013, 01:34:10 PM »
After liking The Last Of Us I've been trying to find something "mature" that I may like. Mature in that way, not like GTA.
I thought about Heavy Rain and Beyond: Two Souls, but I'm not sure.
I usually fit in the cathegory "not for everyone"  :P
Maybe I'll try it this weekend, thanks for the info!  :)

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2013, 01:45:30 PM »
Did anyone play Heavy Reain? Is it really all QTE's and nothing else?

Yes and i gave up in the mission with the arrows. Too many QTE's and frustration.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2013, 06:00:10 PM »
So nobody liked Heavy Rain, huh? Interesting. I have strange taste, I guess... :/

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2013, 03:01:11 AM »
So nobody liked Heavy Rain, huh? Interesting. I have strange taste, I guess... :/

It's not a bad game, it's just the game play mechanics, but i really love the cinematics of the game.
Ruler of Chaos

anything