Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Kara, a PS3 Tech Demo (2012)  (Read 7502 times)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2013, 09:38:59 AM »
The tech demos always look like they would make better game material than half the games that later come out.

This was THE issue with Aliens: Colonial Marines. The demo was outstanding and everyone thought that they were going to get that when the game was released. It never happened. The graphics were scaled down, the environments didn't look like the ones from the demo and the engine itself was buggy as hell. And of course they decided to make a DLC to fix some of these issues and to fill in some of the game's most jarring plot holes, but it never really did. While the internet is a good invention, it has sadly become the bane of modern gaming. Things that are left unfinished they fix after the initial release with DLC and m ost of the time it's just as bad and buggy too. There should be a law to state that any game which is incomplete in any way will not leave development.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2013, 02:53:43 PM »
Amazing AI in Aliens: Colonial Marines

But you have to admit it had the greatest AI.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2013, 11:08:50 AM »
That guy was our ally... right? right?!
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2013, 01:39:46 PM »
Yes and i gave up in the mission with the arrows. Too many QTE's and frustration.
So it's true that the game is a QTE fest...
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.