Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Thaddeus Pixel Art  (Read 3227 times)

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« on: April 21, 2021, 08:44:25 PM »
I'll spare the time explaining who the pixel artist Thaddeus is, anyone who can help me would know.
There was an archive of some of his work in a 7z file called thaddeus.7z . It contained lots of Castlevania related content, as well as material for that Contra style game he contributed to. I acquired it quite a few years ago from a broken link sharing website.
It seems I have failed to preserve it, as there is an overwritten and missing file in each version I have backed up. I looked for the original link I had for a few hours, to no avail.

If anybody else on this forum has this archive or knows someone who may, help and an upload would be greatly appreciated. I believe it's important that his work is preserved.
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline Holy Diver

• Have been down too long in the midnight seas
  • Vampire Hunter
  • You probably don't know what I mean tho
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2021, 01:09:46 AM »
I don't know if it's the *original* one, but I have one you've sent years ago on Discord. The file's too big for forum so I'll send it overthere.
Gotta get away

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2021, 06:06:52 PM »
PlotTwist held onto an untouched version of the archive. I'll be hosting it on my dropbox from now until either dropbox or I dies.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/oih3bavf4uqqwr5/thaddeus.rar?dl=0
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline Darkmoon

• ICVD Keeper
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Vampire Hunter
  • I Have No Idea Where I'm Going
    • Castlevania: The Inverted Dungeon
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2021, 01:33:37 PM »
Although I can get the rar to download, sadly it doesn't open for me locally.

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2021, 08:44:21 PM »
I have a few things I've found over the years of his stuff. I just put em all in 1 zip. Probably has a lot of duplicates

https://mega.nz/file/utBnBIKI#HcO7CnVir8cxH3MoUyU6ptUuDifK8A6nI0ZjFxEgZ9k

Offline Holy Diver

• Have been down too long in the midnight seas
  • Vampire Hunter
  • You probably don't know what I mean tho
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2021, 12:00:49 PM »
http://www.geocities.ws/daemonschlossdracula/nemesis.jpg Here's this if anyone wants to save it. It was meant for a hack of Cv3 or something, couldn't find any info on it. Not really a big breakthrough in finding new Thaddeus art but I always thought it looked sick as all hell and since this is on some obscure Geocities site it's only a matter of time when it gets taken down.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2021, 12:03:01 PM by Holy Diver »
Gotta get away

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2021, 10:14:37 AM »
I took a gander through some of Thaddeus pixel art after downloading them. Holy Shit! This stuff should NOT fall into obscurity! They're just too good-looking to simply up and vanish like this.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Tags: