Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania Bloodlines 0.5 Prototype ROM released!  (Read 9445 times)

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • 1993P Doubleguy at Youtube
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
Re: Castlevania Bloodlines 0.5 Prototype ROM released!
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2021, 09:51:53 PM »
It seems the MEGA link has gone down. Could anyone share this again?

You can take a look at hiddenpalace.org:
https://hiddenpalace.org/Castlevania_Bloodlines_(Oct_3,_1993_Prototype)
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...
And he can't find who caused this."

Offline rasgar

• Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2021, 10:43:15 AM »
Thank you!

Offline LuxKiller65

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • My YouTube Channel
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania 64 (N64)
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2021, 07:17:49 AM »
If you like reading, Mr. Perfect went through it:
http://www.vgmuseum.com/mrp/2/bl-beta2.htm

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2021, 10:46:16 AM »
I've played it but the game got glitchy even with the fix that i wasn't able to finish it (as much as the prototype would allow anyways). I also tried the stage select trick but never got that to work  :P
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2021, 05:52:41 AM »
More unreleased info about the plot of Bloodlines from my friend Mike Levy.

https://youtu.be/XkCWw8KzTYA

Figured this was a good thread to post it!
The worst monsters are human.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2021, 10:03:08 AM »
That was a very interesting Vid! Holy ****! I never thought the mystical whip was called Excalibur, lol. That's kinda impressive. It feels like there could be a connection to King Arthur in there somewhere (that's just speculation on my part). About the character Lucy Seward. Your friend did seem confused with this entry so perhaps I should offer my own tid-bit of clarity for him (please tell him this I would like to hear his feedback).

Lucy Seward sounds like she's the daughter of Dr. John Seward. No doubt Dr. Seward married after the events of the novel. Dr Seward loved Lucy Westenra (Holmwood) however she was transformed by Dracula and subsequently killed by Helsing and company, he probably named his future daughter after his first love in honor of her memory. This sounds to me to be the most plausible explanation as you don't hear the name Seward and not have your mind go directly to the infamous doctor of the asylum.

The info later on helps also to establish that Vlad the impaler (historical person) and Count Dracula (the CV series) are in fact one and the same. This leaves no doubt in my mind and firmly puts to rest some of the debates we've had here on the dungeon forums about whether or not they are the same person. That document confirms what I've strongly felt all these years. Now I know that IGA has taken the series into it's own direction and retconned a whole lot. But to me this document solidifies things for me about the series since I much prefer the pre-IGA Castlevania series on the whole. This document isn't filled with your typical Japanese cliché story-telling that IGA was obsessed with. Instead those at Konami were really trying to do actual historical referencing in order to flesh out the series. Would it have killed IGA to go along with that instead of where he actually went?

Another thing I noticed is that Rondo of blood is nowhere to be found. This document was printed in 1994 and Rondo was made in 1993. Kinda wondered what was going on there.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2021, 04:34:58 PM by X »
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
  • No longer a jerk, but still wonderful.
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2021, 02:22:09 PM »
That was a very interesting Vid! Holy ****! I never thought the mystical whip was called Excalibur, lol. That's kinda impressive. It feels like there could be a connection to King Arthur in there somewhere (that's just speculation on my part). About the character Lucy Seward. Your friend did seem confused with this entry so perhaps I should offer my own tid-bit of clarity for him (please tell him this I would like to hear his feedback).

Lucy Seward sounds like she's the daughter of Dr. John Seward. No doubt Dr. Seward remarried after the events of the novel. Dr Seward loved Lucy Westenra (Holmwood) however she was transformed by Dracula and subsequently killed by Helsing and company, he named his future daughter after his first love in honor of her memory. This sounds to me to be the most plausible explanation as you don't hear the name Seward and not have your mind go directly to the infamous doctor of the asylum.

The info later on helps also to establish that Vlad the impaler (historical person) and Count Dracula (the CV series) are in fact one and the same. This leaves no doubt in my mind and firmly puts to rest some of the debates we've had here on the dungeon forums about whether or not they are the same person. That document confirms what I've strongly felt all these years. Now I know that IGA has taken the series into it's own direction and retconned a whole lot. But to me this document solidifies things for me about the series since I much prefer the pre-IGA Castlevania series on the whole. This document isn't filled with your typical Japanese cliché story-telling that IGA was obsessed with. Instead those at Konami were really trying to do actual historical referencing in order to flesh out the series. Would it have killed IGA to go along with that instead of where he actually went?

Another thing I noticed is that Rondo of blood is nowhere to be found. This document was printed in 1994 and Rondo was made in 1993. Kinda wondered what was going on there.

Don't believe everything you see on the internet.
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13104670/1/Castlevania-Birth-of-the-Dragon

Dracula was not always a monster. He was once a man named Mathias Cronqvist. A flawed, conflicted, genius of a man. How did the educated, aristocratic, crusader who piously served the church become a vampire, and eventually the Dark Lord himself, the opposing force to God? From a very young age terrors and tragedy shaped the man into the king of all evil. This is his story.

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2021, 03:47:34 PM »
Don't believe everything you see on the internet.

It's authentic. I was watching the auction with him that he bought the documents from way back in April.

Mike Levy is an honorable dude.

Not sure what your issue is here. Not everything is a conspiracy you know.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2021, 04:01:42 PM by Belmontoya »
The worst monsters are human.

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2021, 11:09:40 PM »
That's some pretty awesome stuff. Also, Death Mercury is a strangely awesome name for a vampire hunter whip.

I assumed that "Lihiter" was meant to be Richter and the date of the document was pre-Rondo, until they decided against having Richter be Simon's grandson, or something. But I didn't realize Rondo had already been released.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline The Puritan

• Vagabond
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2021, 09:01:49 PM »
So the Alucard Spear may have been the lance that displayed Vlad Tepes' head after the Ottomans killed him. I like that. Sounds like a dark take on the Spear of Longinus.

That's some pretty awesome stuff. Also, Death Mercury is a strangely awesome name for a vampire hunter whip.

And it's described as "lost." Who knows what the game writers would've done with that had they followed this outline more closely? Pre-IGA Castlevania had a stronger foundation than I imagined.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2021, 09:41:52 AM »
Pre-IGA Castlevania had a stronger foundation than I imagined.

That it did. But unfortunately we'll never fully know now.

So the Alucard Spear may have been the lance that displayed Vlad Tepes' head after the Ottomans killed him. I like that. Sounds like a dark take on the Spear of Longinus.

I found this tid-bit to be very informative as well. It also explains some of the original Konami timeline before IGA replaced it with his. According to history both the head of Vlad and his body disappeared from said locations, never to be found. This to me indicates (in the pre-IGA series) that Dracula was a living man before he was assassinated. However he would have already dabbled in the forbidden arts to gain powers no mere mortal ever dared (calling upon dark gods, the infamous Scholomance, etc). It was only after he was killed that this completed what ever he had planned and thus rose up as the undead Vampire King of evil. Only of course to have Trevor and company to slay him in 1492, again according to the Konami timeline (not the IGA timeline).
« Last Edit: November 11, 2021, 09:45:50 PM by X »

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2021, 02:36:05 PM »
More unreleased info about the plot of Bloodlines from my friend Mike Levy.

https://youtu.be/XkCWw8KzTYA

Figured this was a good thread to post it!

I just hit him up for a copy of the PDF, if he was willing to share it. After going through and doing a vid on the Bloodlines beta, I'd love to do more. Eventually doing a speculation video on the series lore based on cut and hidden content would be pretty damn killer, and this info would be awesome to use.

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2021, 04:54:29 PM »
I just hit him up for a copy of the PDF, if he was willing to share it. After going through and doing a vid on the Bloodlines beta, I'd love to do more. Eventually doing a speculation video on the series lore based on cut and hidden content would be pretty damn killer, and this info would be awesome to use.

I requested the same, and he provided me with a copy. Seems like a pretty cool guy. I think the info is entirely plausible, given the circumstances, but either way, it's extremely interesting.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Dongled

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2021, 07:47:10 AM »
Hey all, Dongled here. Big thanks to Belmontoya for sharing this here. I finally found my login info and changed it to represent my channel. Been ages since I've been here.

I'm happy to answer any additional questions or discuss anything in the video here or if you wanna set up a separate thread, I can do that. Thanks :)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2021, 08:56:34 AM »
Dongled@

Some out there probably feel that your document isn't valid but feel it is otherwise. Just looking at the ink and the way the letters are printed out is what one would normally see from an older styled early 90's printer or one of those IBM typeball typewriters.

PS. How long has it been since you were at the Dungeon? I don't believe I recall the last time you were here.

Tags: