Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: These forums are shit  (Read 13903 times)

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2010, 09:48:32 AM »

"Inferno blow up, Waspinator must salvage. Waspinator blow up, nobody salvage! Why universe hate Waspinator?"
aahhhhhh........
Beast Wars :D
really brings back those memories of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers and stuff lol

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2010, 09:58:34 AM »
Thernz - Another weeaboo.
kono yaro...!

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2010, 03:30:54 PM »
I also enjoy how the article really, really overstates Uzo's impact and influence on our forum.  But I'm sure that doesn't mean anything.

Overstated? Don't even try to down play my awesomeness, it just cant be done.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2010, 04:48:44 PM »
Hey guy's im back online after I moved into my new place how are thi..

*looks at thread*

.....Da fuck happened here?

Also, Nagumo is pretty cute.

Just sayin.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2010, 05:54:47 PM »
.....Da fuck happened here?

Wasps. Lots of 'em.

Also, Nagumo is pretty cute.

Just sayin.

Down boy. Zip those trousers back up.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2010, 06:01:04 PM »
ANUK-CHUK!! WeeeeWeeeeWeeeeWeeee  :o

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2010, 06:32:09 PM »
Beast War and Power Rangers were all I watched as a child.

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2010, 06:47:20 PM »
Beast War and Power Rangers were all I watched as a child.

You should've watched moar TV.

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2010, 10:13:45 PM »
You should've watched moar TV.
Yeah, it was pretty terrible. I think I watched other shows but I can't remember at all.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2010, 01:17:29 AM »
I thought you and crisis shared the 'prunyuu~' thing.

Okay, yeah, I share it with some people, but Serio wasn't one of them XD Oh lawd, he did have some fun with it though...he'd always wordfilter it (and my other cutesy silly stuff, like -sama and -kun) when he had the chance. :roll: :roll: :loll:

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Johnny

• Hidden Character
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Change is inevitable.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2010, 08:18:41 PM »
Wow this kind of turned into an old memories thread. I don't think you guys really want to take too much of a trip down memory lane with me. Though I guess I could recall a couple of scarce good memories when a couple of few people talked to me online. I guess you could say I had a couple of pleasant conversations. I guess I did talk with Jorge a good deal at one point, in the end really I guess you could say we were never as close as I thought we were. I'll leave it at that......I would like to think though I remained friends with people like Il Palazzo and Tazz but have lost touch with them..... Though those days are long gone when I wanted to actually fit in here and have people like me. I have tried to be nice, I tried to be a jerk, and now it is just a matter of popping in this forum and out just randomly dropping lines in threads until forgetting again.

Though to some I was never nice. I guess you could say that no matter how many apologies I made and how many attempts I made to make amends just to at least say I tried, it just wasn't worth it for either party in the end. I was just getting frustrated and people had already made up their minds about me. Still have.....

Oh and in case you guys were wondering I originally came here years ago because yes, I do love the Castlevania series. My original intent was to share that with others. It even got exciting when I got to participate in ideas people had, projects, random humorous chats, etc. You know it was actually cool to even see people trying to include me. I guess I can't fault them for the efforts. The efforts aren't forgotten. I still appreciate it. I did feel I had a lot to offer. But I trolled that all away long ago. God 1999 or 1998 seems like ages ago. But I could say that when I first came I didn't say "You know I think I'll build a legacy of annoyance here, fight with people, get them to hate and be so disgusted with me that they will be cruel and unforgiving, play games, fail at friendships, etc." No.....I didn't but it happened. We can't take that back now. I don't think we'll ever move on. We'll just deal with whatever we have to work with at the scarce times I'm here.

I guess you could say my take on the forums is kind of like life. They are what you make of them. You make the experiences great or you taint them. In the end, what you hope to gain from these forums is really up to you and how much you want to put into an Internet Forum. They are only shit for you if you make your experiences there shitty ones without trying to change things for the better. To make yourself happy with what you're given.

I really hope someone reads this though I could see tl;dr, nobody cares, meh being the thought process when even seeing a post from me like this. That's understandable. Though this is probably the first time I've actually spoken from the heart.

I'm glad I am still here so I could at least say my piece. Hopefully, I will never have to again.....It is just easier for everyone for me not to talk about this any more. Many memories for me about my past dealings with people around here were not positive. Its just a bunch of old wounds. I wish I could say I was a part of this "dungeon family" but I have always been just a blight as far as these communities are concerned. I can admittedly say other than the project with Jorge, I have probably not once ever contributed anything positive to these forums ever. Hence why I am loathed. If I could have it be different would I? Maybe. But we can't go back any more and the damage can never be repaired at this point.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 09:04:42 PM by Johnny »

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2010, 01:24:28 AM »
You realize this is the Dungeon and not ICVD, right? Pretty much Jorge and I are the only members of the old crew hanging around here; most aren't really gonna know what the hell you're talking about.

I mean, I don't know what your interactions with people of this board have been, but far as I know, you don't have a negative history with the current regulars of this board. So, there's really nothing to worry about.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2010, 04:24:14 AM »
Indeed.
It is as Freak says.  The people you're referring to hardly if ever post or even lurk here.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: November 22, 2010, 11:36:07 AM »
You've got nothing to worry about here Johnny. As far as I know you're still in the green.  ;)

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Johnny

• Hidden Character
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Change is inevitable.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #44 on: November 22, 2010, 02:42:52 PM »
I suppose I could make a fresh start by actually listening to other people's views and opinions before shooting them down. Ex. If someone has an interest in Pokemon or Parappa the Rappa to refrain from being harsh. Too many times has someone wanted to talk about Nintendo with me on AIM, only to have me bash Nintendo continually working them up into a tirade. I guess if I have nothing nice to say I won't say it. That applies to talking badly of a person and an interest someone may have. Also I'll stop making blanket statements and start treating people as individuals instead of lumping them together. Maybe talk less about me and ask more about someone else. I'll also try to be less redundant and more interesting if possible. I'll also try to be less defensive and sensitive but at the same time maybe try to be sensitive to other people when necessary. Also when someone shows me a midi file, a graphic, or something else I'll try not to shift the focus to me and actually work on giving the person the feedback they deserve so they can learn from me instead of getting nothing tangible.

I think if by some chance someone from this place ever has an interest in talking to me on AIM or off this forum, I need to learn how to be a better friend. Perhaps being a better friend online could help me to become a better person offline.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 08:42:22 PM by Johnny »

Tags:

anything