Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Bloodrayne Betrayal  (Read 43670 times)

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2011, 12:34:15 AM »
Here's a small dev diary vid. If does a bit more to detail some of the gameplay elements. You can also spot a taste of some platforming (which will almost certainly be more heavily incorporated)

BloodRayne: Betrayal dev diary

Dare...to resist drugs and violence? Even though it's not really about the thread, and while the message is admirable, does anyone besides me think it's a kind of a weird shirt for a game developer to wear while talking about his game? Why not a Bloodrayne t-shirt? :D;;;

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Gecko

• King for 1,000 Years on Occasion Avenue
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2011, 07:32:55 AM »
I love the different reactions between forums
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=179928&page=13

lol
One of them said it "looks like a poor man's Castlevania."  :rollseyes:

If only...
------------
Return to CastleVania

Offline Vampire Killer

• HOLY CROSS, Batman!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2011, 01:01:29 PM »
lol
One of them said it "looks like a poor man's Castlevania."  :rollseyes:

If only...

Looks more like a rich man Cv to me. Like Bill Gates kinda rich compared to a welfare mom with 7 kids.
Behold my true form......IS A CHAIR!!!

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2011, 07:05:38 PM »
LOL yeah.

It's like you compare:
"Let's make highly-stylized hand-drawn 2D animations (on par with what seems to be Guilty Gear and/or Blazblue)with plenty of effects, in large, sprawling 2D HD environment in an fast-paced action game!"  (Bloodrayne Betrayal)
VS
"Let's take 15+ year old sprites (at the most) and entirely recycled sprites from the last few or so games, and put backgrounds from previous games and put 'em in a blender and see what comes out" (Harmony of Despair)
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2011, 10:12:14 PM »
http://www.originalsoundversion.com/e3-2011-wayforwards-bloodrayne-betrayal-scored-by-jake-kaufman/

Dudes, fucking Jake Kaufman AKA. VIRT does the music.

This game just skyrocketed to GOLD on my list.

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2011, 04:35:46 AM »

Well, it looks like this game...

*takes off first pair of sunglasses*

Will be a Virtuous effort.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH

If Konami doesn't watch this game and hire the shit out of WayForward for an HD Castlevania, they are dead to me. Kaufman and WayForward in general have the Konami style down to a goddamn T.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 04:37:52 AM by Munchy »

Offline bucky

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Re: Bloodrayne Betrayal
« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2011, 09:13:25 AM »
http://www.originalsoundversion.com/e3-2011-wayforwards-bloodrayne-betrayal-scored-by-jake-kaufman/

This game just skyrocketed to GOLD on my list.
Absolutely. Day one purchase. Virt rules. Wayforward rules. :D

Offline Vampire Killer

• HOLY CROSS, Batman!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2011, 02:30:47 PM »
I predict that Konami will unfortunately not be making an HD 2D Cv any time soon, as they don't want to steal any thunder from LoS as a series.

That is unless they do a side story either placed in between LoS and it's sequel, or a prequel that details how Zobek managed to get Gabriel to wear the devilmask in he first place.

If Konami does decide to do something, WayForward absolutely MUST be put in charge of it. I thank Iga for his devotion and years of service to the series, but he's shown that as far as Cv is concerned he's hit a creative wall (some would argue that this happened long ago).  It's time to make a way forward for someone new to make a 2D Castlevania, based on the LoS universe.
Behold my true form......IS A CHAIR!!!

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2011, 02:41:51 PM »
It's time to make a way forward for someone new to make a 2D Castlevania, based on the LoS universe.

You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2011, 03:26:09 PM »
Please forgive my ignorance, but who's Jake Kaufman? I am king nub T_T

Offline bucky

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Re: Bloodrayne Betrayal
« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2011, 04:06:37 PM »
Please forgive my ignorance, but who's Jake Kaufman? I am king nub T_T
He's a video game composer. He's well liked in the community because he's... well, 'one of us'. A fan of VGM, chiptunes, retro games, the whole nine yards. He's known for remixes/ covers/ original music, etc. Very down to earth and badass musician. Probably the most famous games he's scored are Contra 4 and Shantae (both are also great games made by Wayforward). Basically, there is every indication this game will be cool and have a wicked soundtrack. :D

(ok, fine, I'll put my penis back in my pants).

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2011, 05:25:27 PM »
*purrs at Bucky* Thanks :D

Offline Harrycombs

• Monster fan
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2011, 08:12:54 AM »
I can't believe I didn't notice this game until I saw a Kotaku article about it today. This looks fantastic. Its everything a modern CV game should be.
The dream reveals the reality, which conception lags behind. That is the horror of life - the terror of art.

Franz Kafka

Offline Ring_of_Varda

• Str+30, Con+10, Int+30, Luck+5, Atk+40, Def+14
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2011, 04:51:03 PM »
it looks promising and i hope it does well. But more than anything this is just twisting the knife in the castlevania-less year thus far.
"For God to be good, evil is a necessity in this world."

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2011, 10:30:44 PM »
BloodRayne: Betrayal - Trailer 2

If Konami made a new 2D Castlevania, this game gives a hint where the combat could be going. If they combined combos + OoE system, I think it could turn to be amazing.

Tags:

anything