Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Family Guy bashes psychics and policemen  (Read 3566 times)

Offline Belmont Stakes

• Registered Massholevaniac
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Smashing controllers since 1982
    • Awards
« on: February 14, 2010, 06:51:10 PM »
I just saw an episode of Family Guy where Brian calls out for the most part a phony psychic and rightfully so. She was a Jonathan Edwards general question psychic that fools people. I am fine with Macfarlane going after phonies like him. However, in the episode Peter becomes a phony psychic to make money. He succeeds in getting naive types to come the Marriot to pay him for his false talents. The problem is he makes it out the police to be naive and foolish as Joe uses Peter to find a kid with a bomb.
     How many of you think that psychics are phony and that all police cases that use them are wasteful and that in essence all police that use them are idiots?

I believe that not all psychic phenomena is bogus.

Remember my name and know this. I have Suffolk Down Syndrome.

Stop me if you've heard this one.
A Belmont falls through a trap door into a square prison with no exits. After hitting three sides he smashes through the last one. Relieved and low on health he looks at the camera, smiles and says......"Pork chop?"
ULTIMATE FOURTH WALL BREAK!!! That just happened!!!

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
Re: Family Guy bashes psychics and policemen
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2010, 07:06:14 PM »
98% of those that claim psychic ability are bullshitters. There's very very few people on the planet that have such ability.

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2010, 07:31:05 PM »
I dunno... but Psych is one of my fav shows of all time =D

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2010, 09:06:52 PM »
Real psychics don't abuse their talents, because of the funny way the universe tends to backlash against that sort of behavior.
"Stuff and things."

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2010, 10:42:43 PM »
Indeed Aridale. When god has blessed you with a gift it is your duty not to abuse that power or it will be taken from you and you'll suffer the consequences of your actions. You reep what you sew. As for the 98% margin that sounds more like your personal opinion rather then an actual collective numerical study. The number would be less then that. Way less. Besides there are ways that you can pick out a false psychic from a real one. False psychics would claim to be 100% right all the time which is not true because they are humans too and humans are flawed. A true psychic would know this, accept and admit their flaws whole-heartedly and honestly. A false psychic would have a hidden agenda, would have something to hide and would exploit their non-existent ability in order to gain popularity, fame, money and followers. Very much like those cultist leaders we've heard about in the past. People like Charles Manson, so-on and so-forth. It's people like that that you need to keep an eye on. And believe it or not psychic investigation will become a reality very soon. I collected this info from numerous sources; not one of them were bogus cause I checked and re-checked it. If you think I'm lying then that's up to your own egos.

PS. The human ego is the negative aspect of you current biological identity and it is very manipulative in nature. Very hard to resist for those who are not strong enough in spirit. -okay now I sound like a Jedi knight. but seriously keep your ego in check cause if you aren't in control then your ego is.

-X 
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2010, 11:06:20 PM »
So you're saying there's plenty of psychics roaming around, and you know because your insider info tells you so? You do realize your info could just the same be disinformation, as there's plenty of it involving this subject. Especially if the info you've got came from a website.

Nevertheless, I keep an open mind  ;)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2010, 11:27:34 PM »
I forgot to mention that I used books and other such materials for my digging around. Some things I couldn't find I had to research on the net. But I'm well aware that not everything on the net is true. I also don't claim to be 100% true either as that would make me just as false. And I'm no psychic either. Though I'd love to have access to the Akashic records and learn about all sorts of cool and interesting stuff that we could never learn here on earth. But it's good to be open minded cause that means you're eager to learn no-matter what the outside world tells you. Anyways I'm rambling again.

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline PFG9000

• No, not the gun
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Fan of all things Floyd
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2010, 06:44:42 PM »
I don't really believe in psychics.  I mean, I believe there are people who say they're psychic, and some of them probably believe they are, but I don't think they have any connection to the spirit world.  Because - apart from my religion - I don't believe in the spirit world.

Anyway, I would never employ a psychic to help out on a case.  I can't see it ever standing up in court, and that's assuming I would survive the hazing long enough to see the court date.  (i.e., I don't think using a psychic would go over too well with the work crew.)

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2010, 09:48:53 PM »
what if its shawn spencer and his assistant magichead? =D

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2010, 10:19:56 PM »
I don't.... believe in Psychics,... so yea. And I do find that alot of Policemen are rather ...... stupid and power abusing.

Correction, not stupid, asses. I'm sure there are stupid ones too, but there are stupid ones in .... well, everything.

Offline Slayer

• The Prince of a town called Bel-Air
  • Master Hunter
  • The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2010, 07:03:56 AM »
98% of those that claim psychic ability are bullshitters. There's very very few people on the planet that have such ability.
I'm gonna go the full mile and say it's all bull. Police who use them are irresponsibly wasting tax dollars they could put to better use. Any use is better than what is the essence of stupidity.
----------------------------------------------
Tetris world record, set.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_3mxSPWAn4

Tags: