Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Media you are embarrassed to say you like for one reason or another.  (Read 5251 times)

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Re: Media you are embarrassed to say you like for one reason or another.
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2010, 11:33:05 PM »
This is also something I'm passionate about, not embarrassing at all, game collecting.

http://inverteddungeon.com/redrum/Mo_Games_collection.txt

That's nearly 700 games in passion, the only embarrassing thing, I'm beginning to run out of space to put more stuff in.  The embarrassing part is, most of these sports titles I got free from someone, some I bought when I loved sports games (that love has long since waned).

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2010, 11:25:19 AM »
There really isn't anything I'm embarrassed about liking, even though I probably should be embarrassed by a lot.

As for the statement about the things one likes making them who they are... I can't say I agree with that, personally. Take away all the music and movies and video games and so on that I enjoy, and I'm still me. The things I like are a bit of a reflection of who I am, but they don't define me. Know'm sayin?

And actually, I can't stand most of the people who enjoy all the same things I do. Rivetheads, cult cinema junkies... A lot of them piss me off.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2010, 11:36:05 AM »
To have other people share the same likes as you do means that you have something in common with those said people. But to say that you should be the only one in existance to like the things that you like and nobody else should is very egotisticle and tells me that you might have some issues. I know lots of people that like the same things that I do and does that make me mad? Hell no! It let's me know that I'm not alone, that I have something in common with others and it makes me feel welcome in the comunity. Take this forum for example; we all love the Castlevania series to death and we're all here talking about it because we want to. This forum is what we all have in common. In all honesty, does that piss you off Abnormal Freak?

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2010, 12:04:26 PM »
You misunderstood me. Many of the people I've come across who've shared the same interests as me piss me off because I think they're rotten people. It would be cool if they weren't and I could get along with them and have our common likes unite us—'cos really, I'm kinda lonely here with nobody to talk with about the things I enjoy—but they're just not people I like to be associated with. And they're usually people who let their interests define who they are, and they outwardly express it. Which is possibly why I've never fallen into any subculture or allowed any art or entertainment to characterize me, 'cos whenever I see people do that, they're usually jackasses as a result. Or they could just be jackasses by nature, which most people probably are.

Maybe I just don't like people very much. :P But, I tend to develop friendships more with folks who don't really like the same things I do. Which is kind of sad, 'cos again, I'd like to have that kind of bond, someone to watch films with and talk about the same music and all that, but I haven't been able to get along with most such people I've met.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2010, 05:43:00 PM »
Okay, yes, Now I understand. I therefor retract my last statement. I was thinking about it after what was already written but I wasn't quite sure what you actually meant. Anyhoo, on with the embarrassing media  :-[

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Tags: