Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Hardest Castlevania Game  (Read 31759 times)

Offline Havatchu

• Beau Shion
  • Hunter in Training
  • Gaze Upon Me Hypocrite
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2012, 11:56:01 PM »
The original Castlevania, but that's because I suck.

Of the ones I've played/own anyway.

I, III, IV, SOTN, Lords, and I used to own Circle.

I've only beat SOTN, it was pretty easy actually, and I'm almost done with Lords.
Reluctant fighting game, Mega Man/X, Dragon Quest, and Castlevania lifelong fan.

What do I do with all these Belmonts?

Offline Beaumont_Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
    • Haunted Pixels
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2012, 01:11:24 AM »
+1
Of the games I've played, I'll say that Dracula's Curse is the hardest. I rented it as a kid. Then I bought the rental store's copy when they got rid of it. I finally beat it last year after I downloaded it on the Wii's Virtual Console. Curse is an apt title for the game. Seemed like every few years I'd get up the courage to try it again and then ragequit. I finally finished it a few months back.
He's back! The man behind the mask!

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2012, 11:59:57 AM »
For me the two hardest CV titles out there are probably Dracula's Curse and CV: The Adventure. It was a profanity fest...

Oops! I believe I've already replied to this thread... I must be tired.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 12:01:47 PM by X »
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Little Mac

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2012, 03:21:47 PM »
+2
Curse of Darkness. Definitely. Not that the game itself is hard. But it's so boring. Hallways and hallways and hallways till the end of time. I still haven't beaten it.

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2013, 12:49:32 AM »
Haunted Castle, without a doubt.
And if it have to be a console game, Castlevania III.
And Circle of the Moon for the portable ones.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline PyramidHead

• Vampire Hunter
  • Don't look into the Death Star, or you will die.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2013, 09:43:35 AM »
I would say Dracula X on SNES is one of the hardest. I also had problems with almost every boss in Circle of the Moon. 

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2013, 09:03:53 PM »
I would say Dracula X on SNES is one of the hardest. I also had problems with almost every boss in Circle of the Moon.
Me too. From the first boss I was already having problem.
And the arena is almost impossible to beat.
Dracula is really, really hard too (but the music is so beautiful...).
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline kraidstar

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2013, 11:05:48 AM »
1. vampire kiler - it's a long game with a lot of surprises, not to mention respawning enemies... would take ages of trial and error to figure out if you're not using the infinite lives "cheat." beating such a long game on just 3 lives is what makes it really tough.
2. haunted castle - exceptionally difficult, but a short game. if you practice on the easier ROM and change the game settings to a lower difficulty you can learn the enemy patterns/heart locations to a point where the game becomes manageable. it's actually pretty fun once you start figuring it out.
3. Castlevania chronicles (original version) - this one is vanilla CV gameplay but is just really tough, some sections just have a lot of small enemies that are near-impossible to avoid, and each hit takes off 1/4 health. i alsop recall the clocktower level / falling gears / werewolf boss being a pain. lots of trial and error.
4. CVIII - another tough classic, maybe the hardest of the well-known titles

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2013, 12:13:15 PM »
Dracula's Curse is the only one I have yet to beat. (Well, and Curse of Darkness, Order of Ecclesia, and Lords of Shadow, which I stopped playing out of boredom, and I've never played Vampire Killer.)
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2013, 12:16:24 PM »
HAUNTED CASTLE

Thread over.

Oh, and this.

But the game sucks so much dick it's difficult for me to even consider it a Castlevania game. :p Cool that it exists for the soundtrack, nothing else.

Also, I'm really surprised SNES Dracula X has been mentioned a few times. That game is such a cakewalk for me I find it surprising that people have such difficulty with it as to consider it one of the harder titles.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 12:28:01 PM by Abnormal Freak »
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline son_the_vampire

• Chilly Lemonade
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I see you over there.. Yeah you
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2013, 01:17:30 PM »
castlevania the adventure.... Lethargic guy with some weird jumping going on... yeaaaaah he seems like he just woke up the whole game... c'mon chris
Twitch.tv/TrippyLemonss

Offline PyramidHead

• Vampire Hunter
  • Don't look into the Death Star, or you will die.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2013, 03:37:00 PM »
Also, I'm really surprised SNES Dracula X has been mentioned a few times. That game is such a cakewalk for me I find it surprising that people have such difficulty with it as to consider it one of the harder titles.
There are different kinds of players, I would say. I'm also surprised when people call Dracula's Curse the hardest game in the series. Yes, it is a hard game, but not an unbeatable nightmare.
I can't say for sure why Dracula X is so hard for me. May be it's Richter himself - I don't feel very comfortable, controlling this guy.

Offline JoshuaKadmon

• Hunter in Training
  • Castlevania Collector since 1987
    • Joshua's Facebook Profile
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2013, 02:12:19 PM »
Last time I checked if you put nomis/NOMIS(cannot remember if it was lower or upper case) on arrange mode something  happens. It's been awhile since I played it.

Entering your name as NOMIS makes you start with LESS life.  It's an f'you cheat.

Original mode in Chronicles is pretty tough, I'll grant you that.  Vampire Killer is definitely among the hardest, mainly because it takes so much trial and error to get anywhere.  I never thought CVIII was that bad, probably because I enjoy playing it so much...

I've been playing through OoE again recently, and it's definitely the hardest amongst the Metroidvania entries.  Rondo of Blood is no cakewalk either, even in the 2.5D DXC version.  Still, I would have to give Haunted Castle both the "HARDEST" and "SUCKIEST" awards overall.
Sign to support the Castlevania Anthologies petition:

www.change.org/petitions/castlevania-anthologies

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2013, 04:51:45 AM »
3. Castlevania chronicles (original version) - this one is vanilla CV gameplay but is just really tough, some sections just have a lot of small enemies that are near-impossible to avoid, and each hit takes off 1/4 health.

Castlevania Chronicles Final Stage - Perfect, Hard, No Damage, Subwpns, Ups

It seems easy to me... jk

Vampire Killer, Haunted Castle and Dracula X

« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 04:53:51 AM by Lelygax »
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #44 on: September 17, 2014, 01:24:09 AM »
It depends how you decided to complete the game.
Dracula X on the normal path where you fall in stage 4 and traverse the catacombs is straight forward.

Playing the game where you fight the white knight and save Maria and Annette is much more difficult.
For one thing, you have to finish stage 4 with no sub weapon (because of the key) and you can not fall into the pits in an area ripe with medusa heads. As soon as this happens you need to start the game again, or use a password which let's you start at stage 4. Secondly, if and when you beat the knight, you need to pass through a series of rooms which are also very easy to fall off and ghosts keep following you. Then you need to get to the right room and use the key to free Maria.
If you save both girls, you have to fight death, who is harder than Dracula. (Drac isn't easy, but he's easier than people think)

I would say the hardest are:
CV 3
Haunted Castle
Bloodlines (mainly the later stages)
CV Chronicles
Dracula X (saving both girls)
Cotm/ OOE on Level 1 (either mode)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 01:33:46 AM by zangetsu468 »
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE