Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Pairing Discussion  (Read 25985 times)

Offline Gaawa-chan

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork.
    • Awards
« on: April 19, 2013, 01:27:34 PM »
+1
I've seen like... three topics go completely off on crack pairing tangents so maybe it would be a good idea to just make a general pairing topic.  :P

So... What pairings do you like/hate?  Canon only or not?  For that matter, what do you think is the least realistic of the canon pairings in the series? Do you wish pairings just didn't exist or do you find shipping entertaining?  What's the crackiest crack pairing you can come up with? Yaoi/Yuri Y/N?  What do you think about the current state of Castlevania's fandom in terms of shipping?  If you have a favorite/least favorite pairing, how popular/known of is it within the CV fandom?

There.  That should be enough to get the topic going.  ;D

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2013, 03:29:05 PM »
+1
Juste X Alucard.
New Trevor X Juste or Alucard.

Maria X Charlotte.
Carmilla X Maria or Charlotte.

The Brauner Sisters X anyone would be nice too.

I'd find very funny a Simon X Richter pairing.

And the worst I can come up with must be Baba Yaga X Chupacabras. But that would be so funny!
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Gaawa-chan

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2013, 06:34:52 PM »
^ Juste and Alucard are like black.  They go with everything.  ;D

Anyway, now that I've got a single response I'll answer my own questions:

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 08:06:19 PM by Gaawa-chan »

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2013, 08:01:24 PM »
^ Juste and Alucard are like black.  They go with everything.  ;D
Yeah, totally! Just like Maria and Carmilla!

* Canon only is boring.
I'd add some fairies from the new canon... yeah, you can see I'm a fan of fairies, all my life've been.
Even my user name is from a fairy.

* Yes to yaoi/yuri though for Castlevania I lean more towards yaoi because most of the female character are very 'meh' to me.
There are no "meh" genres to me  :-[
I'm a little embarrased by that...

* Castlevania fandom needs more shippers.  MORE SHIPPERS. >:(
Totally! And more doujinshis!

* Least realistic... it's AlucardxMaria for me.  I just don't get how it managed to progress at all.  I get she's attracted to him but Yoko and Mina think he's hot and they aren't gonna jump him.  Plus I got the feeling that he found her more annoying than anything else.  But then you listen to the radio drama and suddenly he's into her in return?  How on Earth did she manage to convince him to stick around, let alone live with her in her house in the uber conservative 1790's?  *Gasp* So scandalous. But uh... okay. Also thought that hint at the end of HoD came pretty much out of nowhere.  I guess Lydie has a thing for interior decorators... or something.  But either way JustexLydie wasn't outright stated to be canon, was it?
Alucard X Maria is something I completely understand... I mean, if I were one of them (any of them), I couldn't help to fall for the other by just looking at him/her, let alone if I see him/her frequently.
Juste X Lydie is another one that works perfect for me.

What pairings do you like/hate?
What's the crackiest crack pairing you can come up with?
The ones I like the most are the ones that I've named, but mostly, any cute girl-girl or man-man is what I like the most.
And the ugliest should be the one I named too.

* As far as straight pairings go, TrevorxSypha is a good one.  HectorxJulia had pretty good vibes, too.  He was all like "I can die now" and then she's all like "Don't be such a little pussy" and he's all like "Yeah, I AM being a pussy, aren't I?" and she's like "Yep.  Now get up" and he's all like "Yessir... hey I can make a refuge for people like me somewhere" and she's like "Cool, wanna hang at my pad?" and he's like "Fuck yeah, hot lady." Awesome.  Julia is a boss. 8)
Yeah! Totally!

* For yaoi, I ship AlucardxLyudmil. Yeah, he's only in the radio drama but come on.  Every other sentence those two exchanged filled my heart with rainbows. Those two were so into each other... probably another reason why AlucardxMaria makes my eyebrows go up. As yet I don't think I've seen anyone else ship this.  So sad. :'( Oh, and sparks were totally flying between Juste and Maxim at the end of HoD.  "You wore my bracelet" Yes, Maxim.  Yes he did. And the fact that THAT is what snaps you out of it is hilarious. ;D
I thought the same about the radio drama  :)
That one at the end of HoD skipped my mind, but now that you mention it, it totally makes sense!

* Shanoa basically goes with 3/4 of the female cast of OoE, enemies included. O_o  Seriously, everyone seems to hit on that girl.  Guess she's lucky?  I think?  Actually, that's probably not a good thing...  You know, I'm kind of surprised that I haven't seen any support for Elizabeth Bartley x Carmilla.  They even have the same taste in clothing. Heck, you could probably throw the succubi in there, too. XD

* Weirdest pairing I can come up with... Needles x Balloon Pods.  Now that's a tragedy in the making.  :'(
Hahahaha!
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Gaawa-chan

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2013, 08:17:30 PM »
I'd add some fairies from the new canon... yeah, you can see I'm a fan of fairies, all my life've been.
Even my user name is from a fairy.

Lol.

There are no "meh" genres to me  :-[

I was speaking more in terms of personality than anything else.  I find a lot of the female characters in Castlevania to be lacking in that respect; granted, you can say the same thing about some of the male characters but it seems like more of an issue with the females in this series.

Totally! And more doujinshis!

I love doujinshis.  I have a friend who ordered some doujinshis from a different fandom and she had the good graces to scan them into her computer to share with me.  ;D

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2013, 08:20:04 PM »
To those who pair Soma and Alucard...isn't that technically father-son incest? :-X
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Gaawa-chan

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2013, 08:39:57 PM »
To those who pair Soma and Alucard...isn't that technically father-son incest? :-X

Well, it's not physical incest because they aren't genetically related.

It's not psychological either because I don't think Soma has actual memories of his past life even when he becomes the dark lord; he still calls Alucard 'Arikado' and Dracula always refers to Alucard as 'my son.' That said, Dmitri was able to somehow gain access to the memories of Soma's past lives and so he figured out who Arikado was.  Hmm..

You know, you could ask a Buddhist whether or not it would be considered incest if you ended up going out with someone who in a past life was related to you.  Oh, and tell them you're not pulling your leg and you're genuinely curious. XD
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 08:44:56 PM by Gaawa-chan »

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2013, 09:04:32 PM »
Morris Baldwin (CotM) x Vincent (PoR) LOL

I can think in a lot of weird pairings.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2013, 09:30:06 PM »
Morris Baldwin (CotM) x Vincent (PoR) LOL

I can think in a lot of weird pairings.
Rinaldo Gandolfi X Hammer  :o
Hahaha!!!

Well, it's not physical incest because they aren't genetically related.

It's not psychological either because I don't think Soma has actual memories of his past life even when he becomes the dark lord; he still calls Alucard 'Arikado' and Dracula always refers to Alucard as 'my son.' That said, Dmitri was able to somehow gain access to the memories of Soma's past lives and so he figured out who Arikado was.  Hmm..

You know, you could ask a Buddhist whether or not it would be considered incest if you ended up going out with someone who in a past life was related to you.  Oh, and tell them you're not pulling your leg and you're genuinely curious. XD
It's up to them if it feels wrong... as the audience, I'd be pretty pleased one way or the other  :P

I was speaking more in terms of personality than anything else.  I find a lot of the female characters in Castlevania to be lacking in that respect; granted, you can say the same thing about some of the male characters but it seems like more of an issue with the females in this series.
It could be said...
However, there's just something about the wild looks of Carmilla, the intelectual looks of Charlotte and that "girl that now is grown up" thing with Maria, that just works with me.
Yeah, I'm a little messed up, hahaha!

I love doujinshis.  I have a friend who ordered some doujinshis from a different fandom and she had the good graces to scan them into her computer to share with me.  ;D
That's so cool!
Castlevania dounjinshis?
I'd be very interested in the if a topic were to be created.

Offline Gaawa-chan

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2013, 09:45:09 PM »
That's so cool!
Castlevania dounjinshis?
I'd be very interested in the if a topic were to be created.

Oh, how I wish... no, they were from an anime fandom.

I have seen some Castlevania doujinshi on Pixiv, though. Sometimes just previews and sometimes full doujinshi.  Have you tried poking around that site?  I might have some CV doujinshi on my computer; it's been a while since I checked my fanart saves.

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2013, 09:57:43 PM »
You should just rename this topic to FedEx because there's about to be some shipping going on in here!

Castlevania 1 SimonxChronicles Simon 4ever. (I win!)

More seriously though ummm, CarmillaxActrice? Elizabeth BartleyxThe Brauner Sisters?

And of course Nathan GravesxHugh Baldwin, their whole subplot in the game was just symbolic of Hugh's struggling to accept his sexuality/their relationship and his preference for being the sub. "I should be the one to carry the whip"? Please.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 10:00:37 PM by Ratty »

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2013, 01:28:12 AM »
Gabriel X Zobek

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2013, 02:00:03 AM »
Rinaldo Gandolfi X Hammer  :o

LOL!!

Hammer: "It's Hammer time!!

Rinaldo: YUUUUUUUUU!!
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2013, 02:33:39 AM »
LOL!!

Hammer: "It's Hammer time!!

Rinaldo: YUUUUUUUUU!!
Hahahahahaha!!!!!! I can't stop laughing!!!!!!!

You should just rename this topic to FedEx because there's about to be some shipping going on in here!

Castlevania 1 SimonxChronicles Simon 4ever. (I win!)

More seriously though ummm, CarmillaxActrice? Elizabeth BartleyxThe Brauner Sisters?

And of course Nathan GravesxHugh Baldwin, their whole subplot in the game was just symbolic of Hugh's struggling to accept his sexuality/their relationship and his preference for being the sub. "I should be the one to carry the whip"? Please.
Well, it seems some stuff passed by me about Nathan. Not that I did not fantasized about it, but I thought that wasn't the real case. Now, giving it a more profound thought (hehe... profound...), I can see it.

Also, your Simon X Simon made me think about a totally new one to me:

Rondo Maria X SotN Maria.

Now I win!  :P

Oh, how I wish... no, they were from an anime fandom.

I have seen some Castlevania doujinshi on Pixiv, though. Sometimes just previews and sometimes full doujinshi.  Have you tried poking around that site?  I might have some CV doujinshi on my computer; it's been a while since I checked my fanart saves.

I didn't know about that website, but now I do, and I believe I'm going to spend some hours there this weekend. Thanks for the info!  :)

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2013, 02:47:55 AM »
I wonder why no one's yet to mention MinotaurXMariaXWerewolf? :P
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Tags:

anything