Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What's your favorite Castlevania stage / area?  (Read 17303 times)

Offline Hellhammer

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
Re: What's your favorite Castlevania stage / area?
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2013, 02:48:51 AM »
The dungeon (Stage 2) in CV1. When I think Castlevania, that's the first thing that comes to mind; the eerie strains of "Stalker", the sweet chime of Vampire Killer thrashing skeletons and haunted suits of armour...all interspersed with Simon's death theme every now and again thanks to flying Medusa heads  :-\

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2013, 10:11:48 AM »
The dungeon (Stage 2) in CV1

Actually the dungeon was stage 5. Stage 2 was the cathedral.  ;D
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline PyramidHead

• Vampire Hunter
  • Don't look into the Death Star, or you will die.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2013, 11:11:43 AM »
Jova town from SQ. The woods from Castlevania 3. The Dungeon from Castlevania 4. Death Tower from Castlevania Adventure. The Villa from 64 and LoD. "Underground Waterway" from Circle of the Moon. "Dark Palace of Waterfalls" from Lament of Innocence. "Training Hall" from Order of Ecclesia. And, of course - "Nest of Evil" from Portrait of Ruin. Crazy place...
There are too many beautiful stages in Castlevania! I can't choose one.

Offline Hellhammer

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2013, 06:13:07 AM »
Actually the dungeon was stage 5. Stage 2 was the cathedral.  ;D

Ah, you are quite right! I was thinking of the dungeon (stages 4-6) as stage 2 because it follows the first boss fight. CV1 was a bit unconventional in that the each boss only appears in 3 stage cycles.

Thanks for the correction! :)

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2013, 06:13:19 PM »
Master's Keep in Portrait of Ruin is one of the most epic levels I played in my life. It really surrounded me and I felt I was there, with its heroic and emotional music. I could feel I was Charlotte!
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Tags: