Poll

If there was a Female Belmont, What would she be named?

Sarah Belmont
0 (0%)
Elizabeth Belmont
1 (5.9%)
Lisa Belmont
0 (0%)
Other (please say)
16 (94.1%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: If there was a Female Belmont, What would she be named?  (Read 26214 times)

Offline Azmodan

• Vampire Hunter
  • Captain Obvious :(
    • Awards
Re: If there was a Female Belmont, What would she be named?
« Reply #60 on: December 03, 2007, 12:28:46 AM »
In Reply To #60

I liked the new Simon.

CotM is merely CoD's older 2D brother; bland muddy backgrounds combined with a gimmicky system paired with with uninspired level design. I found the gameplay to be clunky and ho-hum.

I vastly prefer HoD, AoS, the DS games, and its handheld predecessors save for Legends over it.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2007, 12:34:37 AM by Azmodan »
---------------------------------------
The Chapel of Resonance- OST's, reviews, translations, and the latest Fan Games- any and everything Castlevania!

Offline Thaddeus

• Sensitive Iga-basher
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: December 03, 2007, 12:47:21 AM »
You can villianise IGA and Ayami Kojima for whatever imagined faults, but IGA has never liked the timeline. I have no idea why bash a guy who somewhat agrees with you.

I looked over my posts and couldn't find where I bashed (or villianized) Iga or Ayami Kojima.

Let's not misconstrue criticism with personal attacks, now.

And somewhat agrees with me on what, exactly?

Offline Azmodan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: December 03, 2007, 01:06:41 AM »
In Reply To #62

Personal attacks? Please. Don't be so sensitive.

You stated that "and he can "officially" turn Simon into a pink-haired tranny" which is why I stated I thought Kojima's Simon redesign did justice to the original character. And you somehow try to make a point that her redesign affects CotM's standing amongst the other Castlevania handhelds...

Also, you're making the same old complaints about IGA retconning CotM in a thread where that issue cropped up once and is quite off-topic regarding the thread itself.

Well, he isn't forcing you to not play CotM. KCEK's games were made from the gaiden viewpoint, so their place in the canon was in doubt to begin with. Not that canon is really important in this series.

And IGA stated that it was a mistake to release the timeline due to micromanaging what's official and what isn't, as evidenced by disputes on this board about which version of Richter's journey can be considered the legitimate one.
The Chapel of Resonance- OST's, reviews, translations, and the latest Fan Games- any and everything Castlevania!

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #63 on: December 03, 2007, 01:22:15 AM »
In Reply To #1

halle belmont  ;D

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Thaddeus

• Sensitive Iga-basher
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: December 03, 2007, 02:18:10 AM »
In Reply To #62

Personal attacks? Please. Don't be so sensitive.

Haha@me being sensitive.

You claimed I bashed Iga and "villainized" Ayami Kojima. I never even mentioned her.

In Reply To #62You stated that "and he can "officially" turn Simon into a pink-haired tranny" which is why I stated I thought Kojima's Simon redesign did justice to the original character. And you somehow try to make a point that her redesign affects CotM's standing amongst the other Castlevania handhelds...

Noooo, I was being a little sarcastic, and yes a bit critical of the overall changes that he has made to the series, and that, in my personal opinion CotM is a great game and doesn't really deserve to be removed from the official timeline.

Having honest, personal criticism of the direction in which he has taken the series isn't bashing Mr. Iagarashi.

I'm sure there are a few who agree with my opinion that unofficial CotM is superior in terms of gameplay to its successors, and deserves more respect (acknowledgement) than what Iga would give it.

I'm sure there are many such as yourself who would disagree, which I think is great. The world would be a boring place if everyone agreed on everything.

Also, you're making the same old complaints about IGA retconning CotM in a thread where that issue cropped up once and is quite off-topic regarding the thread itself.

And you're making the same old complaints about me making the same old complaints... and it's quite off-topic regarding the thread itself.

Well, he isn't forcing you to not play CotM.

Thank you, Captain Obvious. ;)

KCEK's games were made from the gaiden viewpoint, so their place in the canon was in doubt to begin with. Not that canon is really important in this series.

I know nothing about "the gaiden viewpoint." Further, what's important and what's unimportant in this series is purely subjective.

Obviously it's important to some fans (myself included) or they wouldn't be debating it.

And IGA stated that it was a mistake to release the timeline due to micromanaging what's official and what isn't....

And he is right that it was mistake.

I apologize to the original poster if my ramblings are off-topic. I will shut up now.

Back to the subject of "if there was a female Belmont."

Offline Azmodan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: December 03, 2007, 08:50:21 AM »
In Reply To #65

You claimed I bashed Iga and "villainized" Ayami Kojima. I never even mentioned her.

Uh...I just pointed out where you did. Except you gave IGA that credit of redesigning Simon. Like I said, you placed Kojima's redesign as a reason that the games have suffered and CotM's standing has been affected, which makes little to no sense, sarcastic or not.

Noooo, I was being a little sarcastic, and yes a bit critical of the overall changes that he has made to the series, and that, in my personal opinion CotM is a great game and doesn't really deserve to be removed from the official timeline.

Having honest, personal criticism of the direction in which he has taken the series isn't bashing Mr. Iagarashi.

I'm sure there are a few who agree with my opinion that unofficial CotM is superior in terms of gameplay to its successors, and deserves more respect (acknowledgement) than what Iga would give it.

I'm sure there are many such as yourself who would disagree, which I think is great. The world would be a boring place if everyone agreed on everything.
CotM isn't unofficial, just not in the canon. That isn't uncommon (see the PS2 Contra games.) CotM is popular by itself, so I don't think it's 'disrespected' by the CV community. You made your feelings clear on CotM; so did I.

And you're making the same old complaints about me making the same old complaints... and it's quite off-topic regarding the thread itself.

Parroting what I say doesn't make a point.

Thank you, Captain Obvious.

How mature. You're welcome. I figured you needed the help, considering you've been acting as if you couldn't play it unless it was official.  ;)

I know nothing about "the gaiden viewpoint." Further, what's important and what's unimportant in this series is purely subjective.

Obviously it's important to some fans (myself included) or they wouldn't be debating it.

If the timeline, as I was referring to, was important, then CotM contradicts SotN, the retconned 64 games, and the predetermined events of Bram Stoker's Dracula. In your case, I'd say that's quite relevant and the underlining reason for its retcon.

Just because a game is retconned makes no testament to its gameplay or funfactor, that I imagine we both agree with. If you like it and you feel it deserves to be canonized, fine. Understand that IGA was uncomfortable with it's standing, it was retconned for that purpose alone, and that he now regrets it.
If you believe that much in CotM, well, I guess arguing back and forth won't help anything. I see I might as well bow down to your massive e-penis, so to avert a senseless flame war I'll say even though it contradicts the games that came before and after it, it should be in the timeline.

I, too, apologize for the derailing of this topic.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2007, 10:45:19 AM by Azmodan »

Offline Thaddeus

• Sensitive Iga-basher
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: December 03, 2007, 01:13:15 PM »
In Reply To #65 Uh...I just pointed out where you did.

Maybe I did, but I don't see it that way. It wasn't my intention to bash or attack anyone with my sarcastic comment(s) about the direction the series has gone.

Except you gave IGA that credit of redesigning Simon.

Well the buck stops with Iga, is my point. I respectfully disagree that Chronicles Simon is faithful to the original, but I don't fault Kojima for her work (while not very Simon-esque, is still a great illustration).

The Chroncles Simon illustration had to cross Iga's desk at some point, and he had to OK it as the official game art.

Like I said, you placed Kojima's redesign as a reason that the games have suffered and CotM's standing has been affected, which makes little to no sense, sarcastic or not.

That wasn't my intention. I meant to make a generalized, overall critique on the direction the series is going by bringing up changes that Iga has made, changes that in my personal opinion stray from the very core of what made the series so great (and again, in my opinion).

One of the things IMHO that made the older series so enjoyable for me wasn't official continuity, but a diversity in terms of games. Each game had its own unique personality -- not that the handheld Igavanias don't have thier own personalities, but there is a big difference in CV1, CV2, CV3, SCV4, Bloodlines, Rondo, the N64 games, SotN, CotM, and the x86 game.

Each game was more significantly different because they had different direction from the other, and challenges, unlike the Igavania handheld titles which are undeniably more SotN in story, graphics, and gameplay.

While CotM also rehashes the nonlinear SotN formula to a certain degree, at least it was exceedingly challenging at times. It took some effort to actually complete.

And while SotN is one of my favorite games, some 10 years later I think it's time to revisit elements that made the original series so great, rather than continue to rehash the SotN formula (and publicly retcon great, unique games created by other developers).

I criticize the direction of the new games only because I love the old series so much. As a Castlevania fan, I want an entirely new game released for a modern system that returns to the roots of Castlevania, the way Mario, Zelda, Contra, Metroid (etc.) fans get theirs.

The Rondo remake was a nice offering, though.

Parroting what I say doesn't make a point.

How mature. You're welcome. I figured you needed the help, considering you've been acting as if you couldn't play it unless it was official.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2007, 01:19:43 PM by Thaddeus »

Offline Clara E. Leet

• Legendary Hunter
  • It's still Maridia
    • My Deviantart
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: December 03, 2007, 01:54:33 PM »
Back on topic people. Now you're flaming.

Offline le052383

• Supreme Newbie From the Kingdom of Newbi
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: December 03, 2007, 05:40:05 PM »
In Reply To #65

CotM isn't unofficial, just not in the canon. That isn't uncommon (see the PS2 Contra games.) CotM is popular by itself, so I don't think it's 'disrespected' by the CV community. You made your feelings clear on CotM; so did I.

I think you mean the ps1 contra games since the ps2 Contra games are still canon according to the timeline history in Contra 4.

Anyways, as for the topic question, how about Regina Belmont or a Belmont female named afte3r Syphia.

Offline Thaddeus

• Sensitive Iga-basher
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: December 03, 2007, 06:01:08 PM »
Has anyone said Joanne (little salute to Joan d'Arc), or Cynthia, Eva (Evelyn)? I can think of quite a few names for kick-ass Belmont women (I can think of quite a few kick-ass designs too that aren't overly damsel in distress or portrays them as being merely sex objects).

EDIT: Few more: Erika, Althea, Dora, Erin? Amanda, Madeline, Meris, Katrina, Catherine, Francesca(sp?)...

When I think of more I will post them.

EDIT: Valeria? Victoria? Rose/Rosa, Natasha...

Woops Sarah was one of the poll choices. *removes that*
« Last Edit: December 03, 2007, 06:12:59 PM by Thaddeus »

Tags: