Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Why do you love Castlevania games?  (Read 17132 times)

Offline SacredSorrow

• Hunter in Training
    • Sacred Sorrow
    • Awards
Re: Why do you love Castlevania games?
« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2008, 10:25:49 PM »
I actually got into Castlevania because my older brother liked it, or I heard him mention it being a scary/ creepy game.

As a valentines day gift from his parents, my best friend at the time got Castlevania for NES. I remember it being the best game I had played on the NES, I remember the game kinda creeping me out and actually messing with my dreams a little bit. I often talked to my brother about how far I had gotten in the game and he acted like he barely remembered it, I was just trying to impress my brother and ended up getting obsessed with the game.

I was raised in kind of a religious family and we were very involved in church, by that I mean we went to church a lot. My church had these tracts that they handed people, they were really like 10 page comics about someone dying and meeting Death and demons and stuff. I collected them simply because Death was a character in the Castlevania games.

Growing up in the eighties, our parents made us go outside because video games were bad for us, so often my friends and I would role play video games since we couldn't actually stay inside in the shade from sweltering summer heat. Castlevania was often what we role played.

The castlevania games always had great music and every game on the NES had nothing but great songs. I liked most of the music in CV4, after that (excluding sotn) the songs were kinda hit and miss, except when they redid a tune.
Other than megaman, Castlevania songs are the only ones that I can actually call" Memorable"

I've always been a fan of classic horror, and I liked that Castlevania was a neat little package displaying my favorite ones (especially Death, although not a famous monster) and the backgrounds and places you went through had such a great effect on the genuiness of the games.

Also being raised in a religious family, I could convince my family that this was a "christian" game. Crosses, and churches and fighting evil lol So, our elders couldn't call my parents out for being bad parents for letting me play evil games. This game was accessable.

Honestly this game has been a staple of my life since 87, and it's been the reason I have bought systems that normally did not interest me. Here's the systems I've bought simply for a castlevania title.

Super Nes-Castlevania 4
Playstation- SOTN
DS- Dawn of Sorrow/ Aria of Sorrow
PSP-drac X Chronicles
Ps2- Lament of Innocence

Sorry, I'm done with my novel.

I've got a holy water icon tattooed on my right forearm.
My band (Sacred Sorrow) has a song titled "what a horrible night to have a curse", and we come out to "Requiem for the Gods"
Crisseagrim = game over

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #46 on: January 07, 2008, 12:29:44 PM »
In Reply To #46

That church crap has always pissed me off. Do you know who the real evil is? Religious asses who try to take control of your lif. And btw, Thread Necromancy.
"I am the morning sun come to vanquish this horrible night!"

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: January 07, 2008, 04:38:29 PM »
Thread necromancy's usually when there was over a month of inactivity. Here, the previous post was in december 27. So just 11 days passed. Not nearly enough for necromancy. :o

Offline SacredSorrow

• Hunter in Training
    • Sacred Sorrow
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: January 07, 2008, 10:53:29 PM »
I've never been an active thread person, so I guess there are rules of etiquette I am uninformed of. It was a topic I had to respond to, I like the game a lot.
Crisseagrim = game over

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: January 08, 2008, 12:35:47 PM »
In Reply To #49

Agreed, I'm not that mad, I'm just sure the nerd/jerks on this site *cough*Serio*cough* would get mad at you.

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: January 08, 2008, 05:40:06 PM »
Dude will you shut up and listen to someone finally? You're not the center of the universe. Stop throwing temper tantrums every time someone corrects you or tries to warn you about breaking the rules.

Also the only nerd here is the one who calls others nerds, obviously trying to hide his own shortcomings. ::)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2008, 05:46:27 PM by Serio »

Offline SacredSorrow

• Hunter in Training
    • Sacred Sorrow
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2008, 09:30:06 PM »
Proudly a nerd.
Crisseagrim = game over

Offline jgy666

• Awards
« Reply #52 on: January 20, 2008, 01:58:11 PM »
I love so many aspects of the Castlevania series past and present, but if I had to narrow it down to one reason I'd have to go with just the fact that I've played and loved them since the first one on NES came out. I guess I would of been 4 or 5 at the time, and it just stuck. Aside from other classics like Mario, Zelda, Contra, etc., not many game series are still around and coming out with new titles.

Juste_Belmont

« Reply #53 on: January 25, 2008, 12:39:27 PM »
Well, because I would really like to figth Dracula and the forces of darkness, I really like adventure tales and vampires.

Another Lone-wolf

« Reply #54 on: February 07, 2008, 01:31:22 AM »
Well,the story was amazing,and the music was wonderful,also the sprites are good-looking,that's why I love this game.

Nina

« Reply #55 on: February 07, 2008, 02:04:37 AM »
There is a very special feeling you get when you play a Castlevania-game. The music,story,environments , well , everything brings a very cool atmosphere. I personally LOVE Castlevania-music, I have downloaded several Castlevania-songs.Mostly from Symphony of the Night (God I love that title) and Curse of Darkness.  :-*

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: February 08, 2008, 01:55:55 PM »
NECROMANCERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Amos

• Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
« Reply #57 on: February 10, 2008, 02:30:18 AM »
im not into the gothic atmosphere thing but castlevania is by far a great game and has a long history the music is great the  storyline, the detail of the backgrounds, if feels like if u can be apart of the game. Castlevania will be a classic and always will be.

They need to bring out Castlevania Ressurection mayb for the Wii

Tags: